Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
After watching multiple news outlets b*tch about the USWNT
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

After watching multiple news outlets b*tch about the USWNT

Jul 8, 2019, 7:49 PM

Stay in your lane! It's embarrassing that they know nothing about the sport, but yet they want to go after the USWNT for some of the stupidest of reasons.

Yes, the flag hit the ground (quickly corrected)...yes, the women have made a big deal about the pay gap, though they fail to take in revenue as a factor...yes, one person failed to put her hand over her heart and sing the national anthem.

To focus on those minute issues instead of celebrating their accomplishment is remarkable! The USWNT deserves to be celebrated, and they're being treated like traders.

I recognize the talking points, but I am proud as hell to say our women are the best in the world!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Gay people need a sport too

Jul 8, 2019, 7:50 PM

:)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Gay people need a sport too

Jul 8, 2019, 9:39 PM

I thought that's what figure skating was for.

Re: Gay people need a sport too***

Jul 8, 2019, 9:45 PM [ in reply to Gay people need a sport too ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: After watching multiple news outlets b*tch about the USWNT

Jul 8, 2019, 7:54 PM

I am so pleased for the girls that represented our country in a magnificent manner. It is totally selfish for one of them to bring attention to herself and detract in any way from the accomplishments of the team. It is a distraction that doesn't need to be there.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 8, 2019, 7:56 PM

You’re right...they are the best in the most boring sport ever created, in my opinion. Cricket, Badmitten and croquet evoke more interest and excitement. The only thing that makes it remotely interesting is listening to the Spanish announcers calling a goal and yelling at the top of his lungs. It may be a huge sport in the lesser, third world countries but it won’t ever surpass golf, hot dog eating or rowing in this country.

Then explain why MLS is ranked 6th in the world in attendance***

Jul 8, 2019, 8:00 PM

Re: Then explain why MLS is ranked 6th in the world in attendance***

Jul 8, 2019, 8:08 PM

I can’t explain it except to say most of the world is poor and under developed and they need anything to take their minds off their horrible existence. As far as European countries, I guess they are just small minded. Who knows? ****Really honestly Tigerfanatic12, I’m pulling your leg...I don’t understand the game but I don’t hate it and yes, I am very proud of any USA team! ***

only took three this time ^

Jul 8, 2019, 8:00 PM [ in reply to Re: After watching multiple news outlets b*tch about the USWNT ]

also pretty clear you've never watched a whole cricket match. I wouldn't wish that experience on my worst enemy.

Re: only took three this time ^

Jul 8, 2019, 8:10 PM

You’re right, I’ve never watched a cricket match...I was pulling Tigerfanatic12’s leg...

Jul 8, 2019, 9:42 PM [ in reply to Re: After watching multiple news outlets b*tch about the USWNT ]

How is it boring to you? Is baseball, football, or basketball boring to you?

I think these lectures are going to start winning people...

Jul 8, 2019, 8:00 PM

over to your way of thinking really soon.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Touche***

Jul 8, 2019, 8:02 PM

I’m not surprised. Kapernick got a million dollar

Jul 9, 2019, 12:31 AM

Endorsement for disrespecting our flag

Maybe they just want an endorsement deal so they can make some real money.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I’m not surprised. Kapernick got a million dollar

Jul 9, 2019, 6:34 AM

The women's team is doing ok as it is. Each player will pull in a little less than $300,000 for participating in the world cup (qualifying matches, friendlies, tournament, etc.) totaling about a year's worth of time and effort. A good chunk of that is from bonuses for winning, of course. But I think their whining about not being paid the same as the men rings a little hollow.

I would be in favor of having only one national team and letting the best players (man or woman) play on it. Then there is no question about being treated equally. I bet most of the women wouldn't go for it.

Or maybe the women's team players could trade salaries with the enlisted combat infantry soldiers in Iraq and Afghanistan. I think soldiers deserve to a higher pay scale than soccer players.

Re: I’m not surprised. Kapernick got a million dollar

Jul 9, 2019, 11:24 PM

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/soccer/news/a-dallas-fc-under-15-boys-squad-beat-the-u-s-womens-national-team-in-a-scrimmage/amp/
I don’t think they want to play any men’s team. We all know what would happen.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 9, 2019, 6:46 AM

You are right they are arrogant. They are embarrassing to the USA. They did win the title. They are overpaid.??

What's wrong with being treated like a trader?

Jul 9, 2019, 8:08 AM

I thought capitalism is a good thing for the most part.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 9, 2019, 11:03 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic