Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Tomorrow's game
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1

Tomorrow's game

May 22, 2019, 2:14 PM

Tomorrow's game is the reason why many hate the ACC tournament format.

Neither Clemson nor Louisville can advance to the semi-final and the game is essentially worthless as far as the tournament is concerned.

I get that, but I will be following closely and pulling hard for the Tigers for the same reasons that I spend so much time on Tigernet.

It's because I love Clemson and it's much better than my other alternatives while I'm at work.

Go Tigers! Beat the Cards!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

whoever came up with this format should be banned

May 22, 2019, 3:00 PM

to Elba and spend the rest of their life with Napoleon.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: whoever came up with this format should be banned

May 22, 2019, 3:07 PM

I don't hate the format but tomorrow's game is definitely the ammunition for those that do.

I think this format is the best alternative to only letting the top 4-8 teams in.

If you want 12, then this is the way to do it.

If you don't mind less teams, then there are much better ways to do it.

May 22, 2019, 3:26 PM

This format certainly gives underdog teams a better chance than a double elimination style. If you have two good starters and they do their thing, you can get to the semi's and have a shot. Teams with the best pitching depth thrive better with the double elimination format which stretches arms more than this.

It will be interesting to see how Louisville approaches tomorrow. It felt to me like we were doing what we could to make a run by starting Marr yesterday. Had we won, we'd have Clark and Sharpe to go in the potential pool clinching game then the semifinal.

Of course, we ended up throwing Spiers 50+ pitches so he probably won't be able to do much if anything tomorrow.

May 22, 2019, 3:29 PM

That said, I'd like to see baseball and basketball just go to the top 8 teams and use the old formats. Basketball in particular has never been like it was when it was one of the hottest weekend in sports. It was awesome even being a fan of a team who rarely if ever did anything beyond day one.

Funny you said that, because I was thinking something along

May 22, 2019, 4:09 PM [ in reply to whoever came up with this format should be banned ]

the line of Ebola.

Replies: 5
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic