Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Today's the Day!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 41
| visibility 1

Today's the Day!

May 4, 2018, 10:47 AM

All, this has nothing whatsoever to do with football, except that I will be able to watch a lot more of it. As of 3:30 this afternoon, 76'er is closing the books on the Chemical Engineering Career. I been tired for awhile, now, I will be RE-TIRED! My Clemson Chem E degree served me well for 40+ years. Looking forward to "piddling around" in my new shop, and whatever else I feel like doing, and nothing that I don't! (Of course, goes without saying I will continue to make time for the TigerNets.)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Congrats***

May 4, 2018, 10:49 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Make it idjit proof and someone will make a better idjit.

Re: Today's the Day!

May 4, 2018, 10:52 AM

You did it!! Congratulations!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

nice

May 4, 2018, 10:54 AM

enjoy

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Congrats! Enjoy your retirement.***

May 4, 2018, 10:59 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 4, 2018, 11:02 AM

Congratulations and best wishes. Remember you will now be on the job as soon as you get out of bed until you return to the bed at night. Coffee breaks are on your own time. I will not bore you with all of the added responsibilities you will endure during retirement but someone has to do it and I believe you are well equipped to handle this important task. Always remember, even in retirement, "Best is the Standard".

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 4, 2018, 12:39 PM

And say good bye to vacation days, sick days, family leave days. You gotta show up for retirement every day.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ah, but I plan to be late everyday!

May 4, 2018, 1:33 PM

:)

Message was edited by: 76er®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 4, 2018, 11:04 AM

Congratulations!

I'm looking forward to that day myself (unfortunately, not for 20 more years).

May 4, 2018, 11:04 AM

way to hang in there. Enjoy!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LIGHTS ON!***

May 4, 2018, 11:14 AM

May 4, 2018, 11:19 AM

Congrats my man. I look forward to that day myself. I have about another 9-10 years but I can see it coming. Cant wait to have the time to do all the things that get my juices flowing. Good luck and enjoy. You earned it.

May 4, 2018, 11:21 AM

Here's a big attaboy, well done sir, congratulations, pat on the back, punch in the shoulder, all while I lift my mug and say Cheers to 76er!

Now go take a sledgehammer to that dern alarm clock...

May 4, 2018, 11:22 AM

Congrats 76!

Play golf, go fishing, rebuild an old dream car, and most importantly, catch up on lost time with the people you love.

You earned it!

May 4, 2018, 11:23 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hidk2V_S63g

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Congratulations on 40 years! Well earned retirement!***

May 4, 2018, 11:29 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Happy retardedment

May 4, 2018, 12:10 PM

;)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Congrats!

May 4, 2018, 12:17 PM

"Here's to a long life and a happy one!"

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 4, 2018, 12:20 PM

Hope you enjoy your retirement.........Go Tiger!!!!!

Congrats!***

May 4, 2018, 12:22 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Congrats! Bet you remember Earle Hall, TI calculators and ..

May 4, 2018, 12:43 PM

Green engineering paper like yesterday- maybe even a slide ruler?

Yep, they made us spend $125 buying a

May 4, 2018, 1:40 PM

Kueffel and Esser - Log-Log Duplex Decitrigg slide rule my freshman year. Then, had to turn right around and buy one of the first wave of calculators the next year to keep up. A TI-10 back then would add, subtract, multiply, divide, do squares and square roots, for around $150. It was a revelation. :) Now, you can buy a complete scientific calculator from Wally World for around six bucks or less.

Believe it or not, I just recently bought that same exact slide rule ($25) from an antique shop, just for nostalgia's sake to have for a coffee table item. (My original is floating around in the ether up there somewhere, got fried in a house fire in 1977.)

Congratulations! Don't do what I did: retire, then

May 4, 2018, 1:59 PM

get bored with retirement...and go back to work. Which I still do. And nearly 71! lol

^^ HellO uP there Hartins...and congrats 76er

May 4, 2018, 2:08 PM

and know i have shag dancing, jet boating, rv’ing & drinking rum runners covered (now changed to Kentucky Whisky & Ginger Ale after attending Louisville for our last game vs Lamar & visiting Churchill Downs).

So, get your own hobbies Engineer Boy! LoL

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Congrats

May 4, 2018, 2:39 PM

You're gonna love every minute!

Congrats to you!***

May 4, 2018, 2:41 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Awesome!!!! Congratulations! Wishing many years of

May 4, 2018, 3:23 PM

relaxing and enjoying life.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I work at my own pace these days.

May 4, 2018, 4:14 PM

I've been two years+ restoring an old mercedes. That includes putting a diesel in what was previously a gas burner. I'm rebuilding the sunroof system from end to end now. I don't know why they call them sunroofs, when the suns hits the car I hits the recliner.

I'll be finished when car is finished and that's that!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Congrats! Job well done.

May 4, 2018, 4:32 PM

-Doc

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

Congrats...

May 4, 2018, 4:33 PM

I started being just as busy when I took retirement back in 2015. The grand's keep me busy. I do fish more now. I don't catch much but I drown more bait. I need dynamite.

Re: Congrats...

May 4, 2018, 8:40 PM

Sit back, immerse yourself in Netflix until around 1:00 a.m. and sleep until 9:00 a.m. Repeat the process each day.

May 4, 2018, 8:46 PM

The Good Lord willing, I’ll be there in a year and a half. Congrats to you 76er!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Welcome!***

May 4, 2018, 9:47 PM

May 4, 2018, 10:10 PM

Congrats!

Congratulations!***

May 4, 2018, 10:40 PM

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

So you won't have time to TNet anymore.

May 5, 2018, 9:21 AM

We're going to miss you!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Welcome to the "Every Day Is Saturday" club!***

May 5, 2018, 9:27 AM

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

May 5, 2018, 6:00 PM

Congratulations, my friend. Now you, like me, can concentrate totally on the important stuff: Tiger football.

I'm both envious and happy for you Sir!

May 5, 2018, 6:59 PM

Ty for being a Tiger and a good one at that!

May 5, 2018, 11:32 PM

I say Congrats to you and well deserved retirement after putting in 40 for the other guy. I hope that you will enjoy everyday of doing exactly what you want to do, when you want to do it for the rest of your life. Also, do your self a big favor, that alarm clock that has been by your bed for the last 40 years, throw that D a m n irritating noise maker away, you won't ever need to get pisssed off anymore by that d a m n thing!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 6, 2018, 7:13 AM

Best wishes and congratulations on your retirement. Let me caution you that everyone will see you as available and being a Clemson person you will probably want to "give back" along the way. I retired 20 years ago. Today i am up at 5 a.m. My honey-do, give-back, and hobby list is so long i rarely have free time but that's the way i like it. Best of luck in finding a good balance to your free time and with your permission may i add; for your health's sake, stay active.

May 6, 2018, 7:43 AM

Welcome to the club! Let's do lunch sometime.

Replies: 41
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic