Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Who is this John Durham Fella?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

Who is this John Durham Fella?

May 16, 2019, 9:15 AM

When I first heard that Barr had selected some blue blood from CT, it was very skeptical. However, this article shows that Durham knows exactly what kind of person he is investigating.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-05-15/barrs-investigator-john-durham-once-probed-mueller-shocking-case

Barr's Investigator John Durham Once Probed Mueller In A Shocking Case

by Tyler Durden
Wed, 05/15/2019 - 15:30

Authored by S.Noble via IndependentSentinel.com,

Connecticut U.S. Attorney John Durham was appointed to investigate the origins of the Russia-Trump probe. Apparently, he has been on the job for weeks.

Durham is the perfect investigator for the job by all accounts and he had experience with Robert Mueller in the Whitey Bulger case.

He did not side with Mueller and Mueller’s agents suffered the consequences of Mueller’s, some would say, corrupt leadership.
THE WHITEY BULGER CASE

Back in the late 1990s, there were “allegations that FBI informants James ‘Whitey’ Bulger and Stephen ‘The Rifleman’ Flemmi had corrupted their handlers.

So, in 1999, Janet Reno appointed John Durham as Special Prosecutor and charged him with investigating FBI corruption in Boston.

As it turned out, FBI agents aided mass murderer, Whitey Bulger and hid his crimes. Bulger was a protected informant.

Durham sent one agent involved to prison for 10 years.

Then-US Attorney, Robert Mueller is probably the one who should have landed in the pen. He allowed four innocent men to be sent to prison for a murder he knew they didn’t commit. He did it to protect Bulger.

One of the four men was in Florida at the time of the murder and could not have committed the murder.

When Durham went through the documents. He found that the four men, Enrico Tameleo, Joseph Salvati, Peter J. Limone, and Louis Greco, had actually been framed.

Four people who were innocent were kept in jail for years in order to protect the status of Whitey Bulger as an FBI informant.

The Boston Globe wrote:

“[Mike] Albano [former Parole Board Member who was threatened by two F.B.I. agents for considering parole for the men imprisoned for a crime they did not commit] was appalled that, later that same year, Mueller was appointed FBI director, because it was Mueller, first as an assistant US attorney then as the acting U.S. attorney in Boston, who wrote letters to the parole and pardons board throughout the 1980s opposing clemency for the four men framed by FBI lies. Of course, Mueller was also in that position while Whitey Bulger was helping the FBI cart off his criminal competitors even as he buried bodies in shallow graves along the Neponset…”

In December 2000, Durham revealed secret FBI documents that convinced a judge to vacate the 1968 murder convictions of ”four other FBI informants because they’d been framed by Robert Mueller’s FBI.

“In 2007,” to help protect Whitey Bulger (that’s what all those people were held in jail for) “the documents helped Salvati, Limone, and the families of the two other men who had died in prison to win a US $101.7 million civil judgment against the government.”

Durham got the two surviving framed men released from prison.

Robert Mueller was knee-deep in this scandal, along with Andrew Weissman and the agent sent to prison, but because Reno gave him very limited authority, Durham was not able to prosecute Mueller, who was not in the FBI at the time.

Mueller kept four innocent people in jail for years to protect the informant status of Whitey Bulger, a mass-murdering Boston mobster who ended up dying in California, and it ended up costing the government $100 million plus in civil judgments.
ALAN DERSHOWITZ CALLED MUELLER A “ZEALOT”

Harvard professor Alan Dershowitz, calling Mueller a “zealot,” he reminded Mueller supporters about the former FBI director’s role in protecting “notorious mass murderer” Whitey Bulger as an FBI informant.

“I think Mueller is a zealot,” Dershowitz told “The Cats Roundtable” on 970 AM-N.Y. “. . . I don’t think he cares whether he hurts Democrats or Republicans, but he’s a partisan and zealot.

“He’s the guy who kept four innocent people in prison for many years in order to protect the cover of Whitey Bulger as an FBI informer. Those of us in Boston don’t have such high regard for Mueller because we remember this story. The government had to pay out tens of millions of dollars because Whitey Bulger, a notorious mass murderer, became a government informer against the mafia . . .

“And that’s regarded in Boston of one of the great scandals of modern judicial history. And Mueller was right at the center of it. So, he is not without criticism by people who know him in Boston.”

HOW DID MUELLER BECOME THE SPECIAL PROSECUTOR?

There were other cases in which Mueller behaved scandalously, here and here. Former U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of New York, Sydney Powell tells the same story. She calls them creeps on a mission and has a website of the same name detailing the offenses of Mueller and Weissman.

How did Robert Mueller end up as the Special Prosecutor? Thank a Democrat. The Democrats insisted he was a great man of inviolable character. They said he was the impeccable man and investigator.

There is also the fact that Rod Rosenstein seems to think well of him.

You can be sure there are a lot of people losing sleep knowing Durham is on the case. You might have noticed Rod Rosenstein, the former Deputy Attorney General, is out trashing Jim Comey.

For his part, Jim Comey hasn’t written anything inspirational or anti-Trump on Twitter for four days. He has been giving a lot of public speeches lately. Maybe he should shut up.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Deputy Assistant Secretary of State Kathleen Kavalec...

May 16, 2019, 10:37 AM

took notes during the meeting that strongly suggest she figured out right away that Steele’s dossier was a political hit job intended to slime Donald Trump on behalf of Hillary Clinton’s campaign.

Kavalec’s recently unearthed memos reveal that the Trump-hating spy had shared with her a number of wild conspiracy theories regarding the Trump campaign and Russia..."

That's the Obama state dept folks and the meeting between Steele and Kavalec was in Oct of 2016. John Solomon strikes again.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please read this. Author of your article sounds like a

May 16, 2019, 11:15 AM

Hannity clone and not very believable.

https://www3.bostonglobe.com/metro/2018/04/13/hannity-attempts-link-mueller-whitey-bulger-don-hold/kDPSq2ek8xDTFiPZix4yoL/story.html?arc404=true

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

To discredit someone just mention Hannity.

May 16, 2019, 12:06 PM

Perhaps you could check the original story which Hannity had nothing to do with. Was Mueller involved in the Whitey Bulger trial and surrounding results of Bulger's use as a rat?

https://www.google.com/search?q=whitey+bulger+real+story&rlz=1C1GGRV_enUS773US773&oq=Whitey+Bulger+story&aqs=chrome.5.0l6.13783j1j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

More specifically, Hannity and other internet scum

May 16, 2019, 1:07 PM

trying to paint Mueller as a crook for political reasons.

Don’t fall for it bro.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I tried to tell you guys many times I don't trust anyone...

May 16, 2019, 1:43 PM

who makes a living talking. I search though things before I form an opinion. No one can avoid the fact that Mueller selected the very prosecutor who face an 0-9 SCOTUS decision. Imo, that doesn't reflect well on Mueller.

Did the guys he pushed to the jail get out and collect the money or what? Answer that for yourself as I did. Mueller ran that investigation according to what I'm reading. That's no less than prosecutorial misconduct if it's not incompetence.

I never shoot the messenger when lunge dems post NYT or CNN articles. I respond to those by reading the article with focus on the details instead of the headlines then following the links and search it out for myself.

Re: To discredit someone just mention Hannity.

May 17, 2019, 1:24 PM [ in reply to To discredit someone just mention Hannity. ]

The answer is yes. Hannity has almost no credibility at all. He spreads hate for profit.

Did Mueller have anything to do with Bulger....no.

Did Mueller have anything to do with the 4 men falsely convicted? No, Mueller was serving in Vietnam at the time.

Will some people on this board believe that Seth Rich was murdered by the DNC to cover up his having revealed the DNC emails? Yes they will. Why? Because Hannity said so.

Did Fox finally shut Hannity up about Rich after his family sued Fox? Yes, they did and he did.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As I said.

May 17, 2019, 1:48 PM

I trust no one who talks for a living. That included Hannity. You can continue with your rant now.

Re: Who is this John Durham Fella?

May 16, 2019, 12:14 PM

What a world where people act like zerohedge is actual news.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Who is this John Durham Fella?

May 17, 2019, 1:18 PM

If you enjoy reading myth, you might try Brer Rabbit, it's much more entertaining.

Mueller had nothing to do with Bulger or any of the other crap Hannity and Zero Hedge have been spewing. Nothing.

Read this from the Boston Globe, that is, if you don't mind a little truth sprinkled in with your

obsession with Hannity, Zero Hedge, Sara Carter and all the other lying right-wing nut jobs.

http://epaper.bostonglobe.com/infinity/article_popover_share.aspx?guid=eb7b4895-b995-4c11-bb71-bc4a6aa3879d

Or some background on Durham from The Washington Post. It turns out Durham himself is a straight arrow used by multiple administrations. He probably doesn't think much of "Mueller's Crime Family".

"After Bill Clinton’s attorney general, Janet Reno, selected him for the Boston mob case, George W. Bush’s attorney general, Michael Mukasey, picked him in 2008 to look into the destruction of CIA interrogation tapes. The next year, Barack Obama’s attorney general, Eric Holder, expanded Durham’s probe to look into potential criminal charges against CIA officials who employed “enhanced interrogation techniques.”

Unlike in Boston, neither case led to any criminal charges. In the latter investigation, Durham recommended closing all but two cases without filing charges, leaving some critics of the Bush administration’s interrogation practices disappointed.

Through it all, Durham has maintained a remarkably low profile, seldom speaking outside of a courtroom. The New Republic in 2011 named him one of “Washington’s Most Powerful, Least Famous People.” His pedigree of investigating public corruption includes a case that landed the former governor of Connecticut, John Rowland, in jail. Rowland, like Durham, is a Republican.

The high point in his career, though — and the one most applicable to today — was the Boston mob case.

“I think that he proved that he wasn’t there simply to whitewash the FBI misconduct,” Boston criminal defense lawyer Anthony Cardinale told the Boston Globe in 2008. “If it’s the right call, he’s going to make it no matter who it hurts or helps.”

In 2001, then-FBI Director Louis J. Freeh called the scandal “a very sad chapter in the history of this agency.” A congressional committee in 2003 issued a scathing report labeling it “one of the greatest failures in the history of federal law enforcement.”

The matter even tangentially involved Robert S. Mueller III. He was an assistant U.S. attorney in Boston in the 1980s, even serving as acting U.S. attorney when Bulger was informing. Mueller succeeded Freeh as FBI director in 2001 when the scandal was still coming to light. While reforms were instituted governing the use of informants, Mueller emphasized, “I think the public should recognize that what happened, happened years ago.”

Durham will now be probing the beginnings of an investigation which was eventually handed over to Mueller, who was appointed as a special counsel. Barr has drawn criticism for using Trump’s talking point that the FBI was “spying” on the Trump campaign — a characterization FBI Director Christopher A. Wray recently took issue with.

The Mueller report states that the Russia investigation was initially launched based upon Trump campaign adviser George Papadopoulos telling a foreign official that Russia had dirt on Trump’s 2016 opponent, Hillary Clinton. Republicans have also cried foul that the so-called “Steele dossier” — a document full of unverified claims that was funded in part by Clinton and the Democratic National Committee — was used to get a warrant to surveil then-former Trump campaign adviser Carter Page in late 2016. The FBI also used an informant to contact Trump campaign aides, including Papadopoulos.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic