Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
To StubHub or not to StubHub? My .02
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

To StubHub or not to StubHub? My .02

Jan 3, 2017, 10:14 AM

Before I get started, I assure you that I'm not selling tickets on StubHub...in fact, we need 1 more ticket.

But I AM an active stubhubber and not only for Clemson related events. I travel for work and anytime I'm going to be in a big city, I look for a concert or sporting event I'd like to see. So, I thought I'd offer some insight to those of you without tickets.

BUY WHAT YOU CAN ON STUBHUB NOW!!!

Why?

1. For the Bama-ND title game a few years back, I had a buddy sell two upper deck tickets for $1200 a piece. He said if he'd waited, he could have gotten $2000.

2. Bama has a season ticket waiting list of over 100,000 names. Those folks will gladly pay north of $1000 to watch Bama in this game. Their demand curve is much different than ours. It's Econ 201. Prices aren't gonna drop.

3. The number of ads looking for tickets on TigerNet and other Clemson websites outnumbers those ads selling tickets by a factor of 20...at least.

4. Supply on StubHub is shrinking. Less than 1800 tickets this morning. There were more than 3000 tickets at the end of the Fiesta Bowl.

There won't be much available outside of the stadium on Gameday. Happy Hunting and Go Tigers!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: To StubHub or not to StubHub? My .02

Jan 3, 2017, 10:20 AM

Thanks for the info jj. We were really hoping to go and had thoughts of last year when people said they were able to get them before gametime at a much lower price but obviously it's not the case this year.

Anyone heard anymore about a viewing in littlejohn?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 3, 2017, 11:31 AM

I think a big difference last year was the cost of flying out there. I'm sure it had some impact on ticket demand. Airfare from Atlanta was going for 1100-1500 for a round trip ticket.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

this is why i jumped at buying mine yesterday

Jan 3, 2017, 10:34 AM

they increased on stubhub by about $80 from Sunday to Monday.

If I was going I had to suck it up and purchase the tickets.

I wasn't happy about dropping $800 but this is a once in a life time opportunity for me. I'm young and hope to see Clemson go to many more Championships but I had to be there for DW4, MW7, WG9, AS3 and all the other guys playing in their last game. My wife wasn't happy but I've been taught (don't recommend to you younger married guys) that its always to ask for forgiveness than to beg. hahaha

Go Tigers

driving distance for both fan bases = no price drop***

Jan 3, 2017, 10:35 AM

Jan 3, 2017, 10:43 AM

I've talked to three ticket brokers, one in Tampa, who all disagree. Ticket prices have already gone down and a bulk of tickets haven't even hit the market. Both TidePride and IPTAY don't have seat assignments yet and StubHub won't let you list without a seat assignment.

And comparing ND/Ala to Clemson/Ala is apples to oranges because ND has the best traveling fan base in the country (ask a broker). And the fact that Bama has been to 5 of 8 means many of their fans have done this already. Tickets will drop.

I hope you're right...trying to decide my price ceiling***

Jan 3, 2017, 10:52 AM

ticket prices should drop the next 2 days

Jan 3, 2017, 10:53 AM [ in reply to Re: To StubHub or not to StubHub? My .02 ]

because as you say thousands of tickets (many from Clemson fans) will hit the market. But that inventory will be eaten up quickly. I expect a 10%-20% today and tomorrow but by Friday for prices to start inching up again.

The market Sunday-Monday will be dictated by how many shorts there are and whether those brokers honor their shorts. I do not think Stubhub allowed shorts this year so you should not have a huge issue like Super Bowl in 2015 or BCS in 2011.

Re: ticket prices should drop the next 2 days

Jan 3, 2017, 10:59 AM

i tend to agree with you on this

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

put it this way

Jan 3, 2017, 11:20 AM

if the market does not drop the next 2-3 days, then all hell will break loose because that will mean there are hundreds/thousands more tickets that have been sold than what brokers have to fill orders.

You figure at least 500 brokers have Clemson season tickets so that should be at least 1500 tickets hit the market. Same with Alabama.

but again, there is enough demand to gobble that up pretty quickly. This is the most demand by far for a college game since Auburn-Oregon in 2011.

Re: ticket prices should drop the next 2 days

Jan 3, 2017, 11:02 AM [ in reply to ticket prices should drop the next 2 days ]

She (a broker) knows what she's talking about ????. Thank you for your input.

We're talking 35,000 tickets from TidePride and Iptay that haven't released seat assignments and can't be listed on StubHub. A fraction of those will flood the market.

Not to mention there's a massive winter storm that's being projected this weekend across the southeast

http://firsthandweather.com/2411/confidence-increasing-southeast-winter-storm-weekend/

Where are prices going down?

Jan 4, 2017, 5:18 AM [ in reply to Re: To StubHub or not to StubHub? My .02 ]

StubHub's Inventory is now 900, half of what it was yesterday and prices are going up.

Jan 9, 2017, 10:17 AM [ in reply to Re: To StubHub or not to StubHub? My .02 ]

And they took a bath on tickets to this game, didn't they?

I agree, price isn't coming down much if at all

Jan 3, 2017, 10:52 AM

because the supply is dwindling by the hour. This stadium only holds 65,000, it's not a 100,000 JerryWorld-like stadium. That makes availability tight from the get-go.

Folks that think there will be a glut of new available tickets after the schools release them.....99% of those will be taken by friends, family, neighbors, etc of IPTAY/Bama Pride members. I have never seen so many people inquiring about tickets for any game. Only a few extreme profit-driven folks will publicly sell their leftovers. BOTH fans bases live within driving distance, and the price of gas is low. Last year took a 2000 mile flight. Thousands will be making this trip without tickets hoping to find them there.

Way different scenario.

So prices are going to remain up there. Tickets outside the stadium will be non-existent.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

don't forget to check here too :)

Jan 3, 2017, 11:22 AM

http://www.ticketmonster.com/Clemson-Tigers-Tickets?aid=16696&categories=Football

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic