Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Time for a new pitching coach
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1,381

Time for a new pitching coach

May 18, 2019, 2:44 PM

This is just pathetic. You have one guy in the bullpen you can depend on and his arm may fall off soon with how much he’s had to pitch. All of the older guys have regressed. Every season it seems late in the year the pitching just falls apart

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Time for a new pitching coach

May 18, 2019, 2:50 PM

I'm been preaching that for months. We play too many games with multiple times of 2 mid week games. Wears everyone out, especially pitchers and catchers.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was thinking the starter stayed too long,laboring to

May 18, 2019, 2:59 PM

throw strikes

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I was thinking the starter stayed too long,laboring to

May 18, 2019, 3:07 PM

Yep. Got that right. 98 pitches and only 55 were strikes. Wonder if his shoulder was still bothering him or he was just tentative.

Crawford hasn’t recovered from when he got hurt in the coots game. Not a lot of options this year.

I really wish he’d put coker or o’rear out there just to see what they could do.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Coach See was great his first 3 years...

May 18, 2019, 3:16 PM

Strider and Hennessy’s injuries have led to 3 different freshmen weekend starters.

Throw in short outings from the newcomers and poor defense behind them... bullpen becomes overtaxed... it’s the snowball effect. A big brown snowball of ??!

I wouldn’t run him off after this season. Now if we get a repeat of this next year... let’s start looking.

~JKB

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

4 questions...

May 18, 2019, 3:22 PM

- Do we keep less pitchers on the team than others?

- Did we lose any pitchers to unforeseen injuries this season.

- Did we lose any pitchers to transfer last year that was unforeseen and couldn't recruit against?

- Are we "young"?

Forgive me for not knowing as i don't watch closely enough to know, but I am curious about these 2 questions.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 4 questions...

May 18, 2019, 3:29 PM

The last two posts pretty much sums it up. Didn’t lose anyone that blindsided us. Striders injury in the fall really hurt. He was going to be a starter.

We lost a ton of power but donathan and raffield were out pre season too. Take away kier for all but a couple series and Michael Green- yeah, we were pretty much decimated.

Actually, it’s not been a bad year considering all that. We’ll be better off for it next year.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

+1 only for Spiers arm about to fall off***

May 18, 2019, 5:55 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 1,381
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic