Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
OK, let's start a new thread and take King out of it.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 55
| visibility 580

OK, let's start a new thread and take King out of it.

Jan 15, 2019, 8:18 AM

Talib is a racist and the Democratic leadership should condemn her for her comments.

Think that will happen?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

is Joy Reid still a celebrated host at PMSNBC?***

Jan 15, 2019, 8:20 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Which specific comments?***

Jan 15, 2019, 8:39 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Let's start with calling the POTUS a MF-er.

Jan 15, 2019, 8:49 AM

Then we can move on to this:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/rashida-tlaib-accused-of-anti-semitic-slur-days-after-profane-anti-trump-tirade

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

LOLLERS. Tell me specifically how saying congressmen

Jan 15, 2019, 8:53 AM

represent only one country is racist.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're dismissing the MF-er.

Jan 15, 2019, 9:10 AM [ in reply to Let's start with calling the POTUS a MF-er. ]

It's not racist and the president, along with his supporters like you, have championed such language and attacks for the past two years. It's fair game.

Okay, let's go with the other comment.

"They forgot what country they represent." Apparently she said this to attack Senate Republicans because she feels they are showing more loyalty to America than Israel. At least, that's what the article says.

She continued with, "This is the U.S. where boycotting is a right & part of our historical fight for freedom & equality. Maybe a refresher on our U.S. Constitution is in order, then get back to opening up our government instead of taking our rights away."

And you're saying these comments are on the same level as this:

“White nationalist, white supremacist, Western civilization — how did that language become offensive?”

Help me understand how they're similar.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

Please post specific quotes where Trump has used M-Fer...

Jan 15, 2019, 2:13 PM

I'll pop some popcorn and wait on your sound bites.

Re: Please post specific quotes where Trump has used M-Fer...

Jan 15, 2019, 2:17 PM

In a 2011 speech, talking about the Chinese, "“And I could say: ‘Listen, you mother #######, we’re gonna tax you 25 percent.’”

Hope the popcorn was good.

Three links for proof

Jan 15, 2019, 2:20 PM

Or you are a lying MFer.

-Doc

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

How about just one video?

Jan 15, 2019, 2:40 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wN7KHWdyrbI

Thanks for playing.

How does it feel getting owned this bad when you issue a challenge?

Jake's 500 yds.

Jan 15, 2019, 9:58 PM

rings as loud as your taking 8 hrs.to find Trumps MF bomb. Impeach that. Lemme know how that works for you. What would Berney do?

Save all that for someone as naive as your TU'pers. Keep living in your perfect hypocrisy.

Facts are Trump is running you in circles with his rhetoric and you jump at all of it. Way to go fool. Meanwhile he runs the country without giving handouts to broke d icks to your liking.

Did you fall in love with Electric Aunt Jamima's Jellyfinger??

-Doc

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

What an idiot..... ^^^***

Jan 16, 2019, 2:10 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hey, you asked for evidence

Jan 16, 2019, 8:05 AM [ in reply to Jake's 500 yds. ]

Because you were insinuating I was a liar. I absolutely crushed you with it. Sucks, doesn't it?

Doesn't look like Trump is running much of a government right now, which he's done on purpose.

And it warms my heart that you're so weak-minded that people TUing my posts upsets you.

I never heard Trump brag about saying that type of language

Jan 15, 2019, 2:31 PM [ in reply to We're dismissing the MF-er. ]

to his 7 year old son.

She did.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh. I guess that completely exonerates him, then.

Jan 15, 2019, 2:41 PM

I'm lovin' y'all's arguments. "I mean, it's okay when Trump uses bad language and degrades people, but not okay when people do it to him!"

That's basically all y'all are presenting here.

You read a lot into what I said; a lot that wasn't there

Jan 15, 2019, 2:44 PM

and none that was.

If you say so. It's a pretty simple equation.

Jan 15, 2019, 2:51 PM

Trump supporters either have to be cool with all vitriol spouted from both sides, or they have to be against all of it that comes out of both sides. No in between.

Is that the new rule, regardless to whom it is targeted?***

Jan 15, 2019, 2:54 PM

I figured it's an old rule.

Jan 15, 2019, 2:56 PM

One that says you can't be cool with your guy flinging poo at others and then get butt hurt when someone flings it back at him.

I didn't know you were making *any* rules I had to follow

Jan 15, 2019, 3:06 PM

I don't really care what most of what Trump says, but I'd assume the cursing that you continue to say he does isn't aimed specifically at 7 year olds. I wouldn't be cool with anyone saying that to a 7 year old, and I would *think* most people wouldn't be--especially their own kid.

But hey--you do you.

I mean, I wouldn't do it...

Jan 15, 2019, 3:08 PM

But not sure how she raises her kids.

You don't have to follow the rule I listed, but anyone who doesn't looks pretty silly.

I don't get how that is anti-Semitic.

Jan 15, 2019, 1:36 PM [ in reply to Let's start with calling the POTUS a MF-er. ]

I'm missing something, maybe.

Also, as someone whose parents are Palestinian, Tlaib is herself Semitic. Not that that precludes someone from saying something anti-Semitic, but it would be strange.

As you know, in this context, anti-semitic would be

Jan 15, 2019, 2:32 PM

anti-Jewish. I feel sure no one needed to explain that to you however.

What did she say negative about Jewish people?***

Jan 15, 2019, 2:33 PM

I'll refer you back to the original article.

Jan 15, 2019, 2:38 PM

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/rashida-tlaib-accused-of-anti-semitic-slur-days-after-profane-anti-trump-tirade

Read it multiple times the day it was posted...

Jan 15, 2019, 2:41 PM

Looking for the part where she said something negative about Jewish people. I found quotes from a couple of people who said something weird that didn't make any sense about "dual loyalties".

I didn't even see where she said anything negative about any Jewish person, much less something negative about their "Jewishness".

I mean, if the President wants to prioritize...

Jan 15, 2019, 2:43 PM [ in reply to I'll refer you back to the original article. ]

America's needs over that of, say, Syria, does that make him anti-Semitic? I don't think so. I don't see how this quote from Tlaib is any different.

What did Rubio say?

Jan 15, 2019, 2:46 PM

Trying reading his tweet again. I'm not sure why you require this amount of dissection.

I haven't read his tweet...

Jan 15, 2019, 2:48 PM

I read what this article says about his tweet. Is the article's summary of it incomplete?

Try reading his tweet. I'd start there, and make your own

Jan 15, 2019, 2:49 PM

decision.

OK, I found it...

Jan 15, 2019, 2:54 PM

Tlaib made a tweet about the right of Americans to boycott, and Rubio replied, "This "dual loyalty" canard is a typical anti-Semitic line." And the rest of the tweet had nothing to do with anti-Semitism.

So...I don't see any explanation from him in that tweet about what he means with his anti-Semitism accusation. It seems like a very random accusation to me. Can you explain it to me?

If he could explain it to you

Jan 15, 2019, 2:57 PM

he would not keep asking you to go read more stuff in the hopes that you would jump to the same conclusions he did.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, I understood the BDS accusation Rubio made immediately.

Jan 15, 2019, 3:00 PM

I don't necessarily agree nor disagree with what he said.

Why Prodigal is pretending he can't figure it out is the part I don't understand. This seems to be Prod's MO, and its not my job to explain stuff to him.

I don't get it either.

Jan 15, 2019, 3:07 PM

And agree that you've been unable to articulate it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Like Prod, IE doesn’t get it either.***

Jan 15, 2019, 3:08 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apparently, Rubio felt that Tlaibs comment were

Jan 15, 2019, 3:21 PM

"ANTI JEWISH" ($1 to prod semantics argument) because she disagreed with the BDS bill that would punish companies the participate in BDS tactics against Israel that the republicans were going to introduce. I'm pretty sure it doesn't help that she is Palestinian (does that need to be explained more as well?)

"Apparently the BDS proponents seek to pressure Israel through economic and other means -- often, until Israel ceases to exist in its current form." (c/p from the fox article).

Now really..was Rubio that difficult of a concept to understand? I mean half of that #### I c/p pasted directly from the article. Or did you just want to see if you could make me waste my time typing that?

IE, we all know that Mr. Rubio feels her comments were

Jan 15, 2019, 3:30 PM

"Anti-Jewish". That's why he said what he said. The thing we are missing, that he didn't give in his tweet, and that you haven't given, and no one else has, is what makes her comments anti-Semitic. That's the whole point of this discussion, which hasn't been answered.

You seem hung up on this "anti semitic" vs "anti Israel"

Jan 15, 2019, 3:37 PM

thing. I think historically, being being labeled as anti-Semitic has been given the equivalent of being anti-Jewish, and necessarily, being anti-Israel.

You can argue with the definition however you'd like, but if you google anti Semitic, it is typically used in a context as being anti-Jewish/Anti Israel.

Once again, I don't know why I am explaining this to you.

Well, I'm glad you are, because you are helping me.

Jan 15, 2019, 3:43 PM

I am not "hung up," but I suspect that I am starting to get the argument more. Am I correct in saying that stances that are contrary to the nation/government of Israel, are often viewed as equivalent to being contrary to the totality of Jewish heritage?

I do disagree with that. When I think "anti-Semitic," I view that as a racist ideology, which is about not liking who people are. Taking political stances is more about not liking what people are doing.

I thank you for engaging with me here (though I think we could have saved some energy if the reply you just made would have been your original reply to me).

I didn't need to type *that* reply.

Jan 15, 2019, 3:55 PM

You know very well what the traditional "anti Semitic" definition is, and who it typically refers to.

I get it..you looked up the definition of "semitic", and found that it can apply to anyone who speak a family of languages, and not just those that speak Yiddish and Hebrew.

I find it clearly impossible to believe that one of the most fervently religions people who posts here could not know the "anto semitic" assumed definition. I've seen you post this "I don't know, but..." style of argument from personal incredulity previously, and it's just annoying.

Well, in any case, sincere thanks for your help.

Jan 15, 2019, 4:00 PM

I will say that I didn't really "look up" anything. It's more of a Biblical thing, to me. "Semitic" means people descended from Shem (son of Noah). That's pretty much the middle-Eastern people. Japheth would very generally be the European crowd, and Ham would be the African.

I don't know politics too well, but I'd like to think I know the Bible OK. So a lot of times that's where I draw from.

So you have never heard "anti semitic" used as being

Jan 15, 2019, 4:09 PM

intended solely as anti-Jewish?

Well, of course. I don't personally agree with that usage

Jan 15, 2019, 5:02 PM

But I recognize that is how most people use the word.

However, I had never really thought about the term being used toward the political state of Israel, as opposed to ethnic heritage, until this discussion.

So you didn't recognize it, or you were just playing dumb.

Jan 15, 2019, 6:52 PM

Which was it?

Re: So you didn't recognize it, or you were just playing dumb.

Jan 16, 2019, 6:39 AM

I'm not sure how to say anything any differently in response to your question. It's as if I said, "they sky is blue," and your response to me was "well, what color is the sky?"

One of us is pretending to have a comprehension problem

Jan 16, 2019, 9:40 AM

It ain't me.

I just wonder why you are doing that.

I am have much trouble comprehending

Jan 16, 2019, 9:44 AM

your current line of questioning, and I promise you I am not pretending.

I am sorry I cannot give you the answers you seek.

LOL***

Jan 15, 2019, 3:07 PM [ in reply to If he could explain it to you ]

If after reading the tweet, and the accompanying article

Jan 15, 2019, 2:58 PM [ in reply to OK, I found it... ]

and you still don't understand it, then no, I probably can't explain it to you.

Well, at least I tried.***

Jan 15, 2019, 3:00 PM

At best, I think you can say Tlaib's stance on this

Jan 15, 2019, 3:00 PM [ in reply to OK, I found it... ]

issue is anti-Israel (the nation). But that's not nearly the same thing as anti-Semitic.

FWIW, I am not necessarily disagreeing with Mr. Rubio on his stance on this issue, I just don't get why he would go ad homimen and accuse someone of anti-Semitism. Doesn't make any sense. Argue for the law on its merits, not by calling other people names.

So if you understood what was said, why did you

Jan 15, 2019, 3:02 PM

pretend you didn't? Was it simply the semantics of anti-Israel vs anti-semitic?

I do not understand Rubio's accusation of anti-Semitism...

Jan 15, 2019, 3:05 PM

and as yet, I have yet to hear anyone be able to help me understand it.

Anti-Israel vs. anti-Semitic is not semantics. They are two different things. Just like me not liking Fidel Castro doesn't mean I don't like Cuban people.

Ok

Jan 15, 2019, 3:07 PM

I'm out.

Re: OK, let's start a new thread and take King out of it.

Jan 16, 2019, 9:52 AM

She seems like she will be out after 1 term.

Your girl is just as bad as our guy...

Jan 16, 2019, 11:49 AM

That's your argument?

Replies: 55
| visibility 580
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic