Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Thoughts and prayers
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 35
| visibility 1

Thoughts and prayers

Mar 10, 2019, 10:18 PM

Tiger friends, be thinking about our youngest son who is an ER nurse. He was stabbed last night by a patient with mental issues, The guy stabbed him in the groin and severed his femoral artery. lost lots of blood, but they got him to OR quickly for hour and half surgery. Results were good and he is in stable condition. Is there no place that is safe these days?

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Thoughts and prayers

Mar 10, 2019, 10:22 PM

Sorry to hear that. Prayers for a healthy recovery!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

From what I have seen, it certainly isn't the ER

Mar 10, 2019, 10:22 PM

that is a safe place. Prayers for your son.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 10, 2019, 10:23 PM

times have changed,not necessarily for the better.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Mar 10, 2019, 10:34 PM

I am so sorry! Oh my gosh what in the world is the world coming to?! There trying to help someone and they nearly kill him. I’ve spent enough times in ERs to know they are full of some of the best humanity’s has to offer and some of the worst! Thank God for the people who keep trying to help those who don’t even deserve it. My best to your son. Tell him Tigernation is behind him!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 10, 2019, 10:35 PM

This is one crazy world we are living in now. Prayer for a quick healing for your son.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Mar 10, 2019, 10:50 PM

that's an understatement.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Mar 10, 2019, 10:37 PM

Prayers for a complete recovery.

Mar 10, 2019, 10:44 PM

Wishing alliance the best for your son’s recovery. Prayers going up for him.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 10, 2019, 10:46 PM

So sorry this happened to your son; praying for quick recovery for him and strength for the family. God bless.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's awful. May the good Lord bless him and your family.***

Mar 10, 2019, 10:50 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 10, 2019, 10:48 PM

Prayers sent.

null

Mar 10, 2019, 10:53 PM

Prayers up - tiger kid! -:(

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Mar 10, 2019, 10:57 PM

Crazy. Glad he okay. Had he not been at the hospital he would be gone I bet. Wow...that is nuts.

Mar 11, 2019, 11:48 AM

Weird but if he hadn’t been at the hospital, it wouldn’t have happened. Nuts.

Mar 10, 2019, 11:02 PM

Prayers sent your family's way! Was this your kid?
https://www.wral.com/johnston-medical-center-employee-seriously-injured-after-being-stabbed-by-patient/18247058/

Mar 11, 2019, 9:59 AM

Yes, he is doing better this morning. Thanks to Tiger nation for your thoughts and prayers

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 11, 2019, 10:06 AM [ in reply to Re: Thoughts and prayers ]

That's crazy. After doing my RN internship at Duke ER for 3 months I knew I wasn't going to be able to handle the ER. Between the psych patients and pain med seekers I felt like I was going to be in a fight at any moment. Once this guy ripped a heavy solid oak door off the hinges threw it on top of a nurse and started jumping up and down on her, craziest thing I've ever seen. Tmail me if he is wanting to get a desk jockey 8hr/day m-f job after he recovers, I work over by airport so not too bad a commute depending where he lives, and we are almost always looking for RN's.

Done***

Mar 10, 2019, 11:09 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Prayers Up for your youngest son!!!

Mar 10, 2019, 11:16 PM

And no, there is no sanctuary these days . . . not our places of work . . . not even our homes.

Prayers for safety to everyone in our tnet family!!!

Praying for a full and speedy recovery.***

Mar 10, 2019, 11:28 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: Praying for a full and speedy recovery.***

Mar 10, 2019, 11:48 PM

Praying for speedy recovery

Re: Prayers sent

Mar 11, 2019, 12:00 AM

Nm

Done....***

Mar 11, 2019, 4:47 AM

Mar 11, 2019, 7:04 AM

Absolutely done.

In my prayers***

Mar 11, 2019, 7:17 AM

Mar 11, 2019, 9:17 AM

SHocking and sorry to hear that. SOunds like he was able to get the immediate care he needs there. So that was a good thing

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 11, 2019, 9:40 AM

Praying for your sons rapid and full recovery.

Mar 11, 2019, 10:03 AM

God bless hope everything works out

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 11, 2019, 10:14 AM

Praying for a full and speedy recovery.

GO TIGERS!!!

Mar 11, 2019, 10:16 AM

I'm very happy to hear that your son ( a care giver ) will be fine after all of his healing process is completed. The answer to, is there anywhere that we should expect to be safe in the world we live in today, my answer is I don't believe there is a complete safe place. That is why I contentiously preach to close friends and definitely my family, to get proper fire arm training and to stay prepared by arming themselves... When the psycho's and the bad people are armed with the intent to harm as many as possible, the screaming, crying, and begging for your life will not save your life. Fear and Tears are a terrible choice to have at a gun or knife fight!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 11, 2019, 11:26 AM

I respectfully disagree with you and so does my injured son.

Mar 11, 2019, 11:30 AM

That is awful. Glad he's feeling better today. My best wishes for a full recovery.

Praying for and expecting a FULL recovery!***

Mar 11, 2019, 11:44 AM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

Mar 11, 2019, 12:00 PM

This is terrible news. Thoughts and prayers for a rapid and complete recovery

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 11, 2019, 6:20 PM

Love and prayers!

Replies: 35
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic