Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
My feelings for the Eagles are well known, but
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 281

My feelings for the Eagles are well known, but

Feb 15, 2019, 8:16 PM

I gotta say Joe (and Gary) did a really nice job with my favorite Beatle’s song.

Dave—-I like Dave, but he sounds like Dave on everything he plays—-homie has no subtlety as a drummer.

https://youtu.be/FpKqX7UyP8E

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

to clarify....

Feb 15, 2019, 8:21 PM

Not my favorite Beatles song (that would be a day in the life)...but my favorite Beatle’s (George Harrison’s) song.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

to clarify, David Grohl and Gary Clark Jr. are not Eagles.

Feb 15, 2019, 8:34 PM

and neither is Joe Walsh. Just a hired gun in an effort to inject a lil personality and soul into the Eagles and replace a guy they fired. To me, he was always James Gang and solo artist first. In fact, the History of the Eagles show I took Mrs No to, by her request, they had another anonymous hired gun to play the tired Eagles lead parts, and Joe pretty much took up space until he got to shine in his lead segment towards the end, which got the most crowd response.

And agreed, George Harrison's tunes are my fav Beatles tunes. But won't link "Something".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbmtW31oAj8

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

understood. I was ultimately trying to give Joe credit

Feb 15, 2019, 9:18 PM

Despite being guilty by association.

Of all the Eagles members, he’s the one I find the most tolerable. Dig James gang, and his solo stuff is good for a goof. Henley is only good in his solo career, IMHO, and Glen Frey....uggggggghhhhh, all his stuff aged incredibly poorly.

Leadon? Meisner? I only associate them to the formulaic Eagles stuff I don’t enjoy. The opening chords to Witchy Woman make me want to pop an ambien and take a nap on some train tracks.

ditto on Frey. Henley solo tolerable. Actually like Timothy

Feb 15, 2019, 9:55 PM

B Schmit 2 tunes the best of the Eagles. Respect their career, enjoyed the live show more than I expected, but Joe Walsh is on a different planet from those guys.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^^^This ^^^^^

Feb 15, 2019, 8:34 PM

is dang good stuff...

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Thought this was a football post as in Philly

Feb 15, 2019, 8:37 PM

This was vastly superior.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I never minded the Eagles...didn't love me, didn't hate me.

Feb 15, 2019, 9:47 PM

But for me, they were always kind of an inferior imitation of Mike Nesmith's First National Band. The FNB never gets the credit they deserve as the founders of the California country rock genre. Give me FNB or Doug Sahm over the Eagles any day.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'em, not me.

Feb 15, 2019, 9:49 PM

Geez, I hate tnetting on a phone.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm pretty sure

Feb 15, 2019, 10:19 PM

they don't care about you one way or another.

well, yeah....you seen their ticket prices?

Feb 15, 2019, 10:23 PM

It's pretty clear what they care about.

Henley wanted $240/ticket for the cheap seats last year at the Ryman....what a shock it didn't sell out.

I can’t stand the Eagles.

Feb 15, 2019, 9:54 PM

But I am a fan of Dave’s drumming, Gary’s soul, and Joe’s freakness.

Yes, Dave has one gear = animal from the muppets.

Gary oozes vibe.

And Joe...he’s so strange...that Maserati.

And then you add George’s weeping guitar.
Enter Prince & co. This song really is the shît:
https://youtube.com/watch?v=6SFNW5F8K9Y

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In fairness,

Feb 15, 2019, 10:12 PM

wasn't that really Clapton's weeping guitar?

On the studio version of the White Album it was.***

Feb 15, 2019, 10:32 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 281
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic