Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
This sounds a bit sketchy, but I wonder if IPTAY will go
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1,838

This sounds a bit sketchy, but I wonder if IPTAY will go

Jun 11, 2019, 11:58 AM

down a similar path..

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/florida-state-seminoles/os-sp-fsu-athletics-0608-20190609-osc2hupcmfhvhdoeb32rquvw7m-story.html

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

I’d try and keep that mess private too. ***

Jun 11, 2019, 12:07 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: I’d try and keep that mess private too. ***

Jun 11, 2019, 12:26 PM

Gets them around "Lack of institutional control" and "benefits not afforded other students."

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whose privates you keep messing with?***

Jun 11, 2019, 1:08 PM [ in reply to I’d try and keep that mess private too. *** ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

One thing is not changing--FSU has always been sketchy***

Jun 11, 2019, 12:20 PM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Re: This sounds a bit sketchy, but I wonder if IPTAY will go

Jun 11, 2019, 12:45 PM

Very shady...protected from public inquiry AND limited to just $200K damages. It really just highlights how far removed major revenue generating college athletics are from the mission of their respective universities. Honestly, it's probably time to just sever the ties to universities and create a semi-pro league for football and probably bball as well.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This sounds does sound sketchy

Jun 11, 2019, 2:50 PM

I do not understand how you can privatize an athletic department at a public school. Seems weird to me. Are AD employees state employees? Do they qualify for state pensions? How can the records associated with student athletes at a public school be privatized and no subject to public records review?

I think the outcome would be interesting if some Florida newspaper sued FSU and the so-called private Athletic Department over any conduct or records privacy in excess of that which would be required at any other state agency or department. State legislatures pass laws all the time that are later found to be unconstitutional by state and federal courts. This course of action might not stand up to judicial review.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 1,838
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic