Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Crunch time. I’m worried too!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 2,447

Crunch time. I’m worried too!

Aug 17, 2019, 11:34 PM

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/college/acc/university-of-miami/article234041672.html

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This isn’t 1995 where you only had one

Aug 17, 2019, 11:46 PM

Option for a TV content provider. If you aren’t willing to wait until Comcast signs a contract in the next 10 days then switch providers. I really don’t understand why this is a big deal, it’s not that hard.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A lot of people aren't willing to go streaming

Aug 18, 2019, 1:00 AM

and switching to cable or satellite isn't done overnight. I've known people that had to wait 2 weeks to a month after ordering directv before a technician would come install it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This isn’t 1995 where you only had one

Aug 18, 2019, 1:15 AM [ in reply to This isn’t 1995 where you only had one ]

Absolutely, this is 2019, you can say no to cable providers bc they have lost total control over what you watch, and when. Streaming TV can fill your TV needs without kissing the a s s e s of the high cost cable companies any longer bc they they have lost their control!!!

The more people that stop fearing the cutting the cable, the cheaper TV services will get so everybody can again afford top TV viewing bc of the competition after getting your business by offering better deals vying for your monthly check that high cost cable companies has been strong arming us for, for years now. The digital age is now in/at full force!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 18, 2019, 6:19 AM

Directv Now streamed over the internet wherever I am.

Aug 18, 2019, 6:36 AM

After reading about Hulu here I may have to switch to it. The reason is it doesn't have local channels here in Augusta on Directv Now, but Hulu does according to their website. Plus it's about 10 bucks a month cheaper. Now if I can figure out how to cancel Directv Now.

Aug 18, 2019, 9:47 AM

YouTube TV has local stations. Works great. Has ACC network. Check it out as an option.

Aug 18, 2019, 7:59 AM [ in reply to Re: This isn’t 1995 where you only had one ]

You can correct me if wrong, but I'm pretty certain that Directv Now does NOT carry the ACCN, but Directv will if you pony up $13.99/month for the ACCN channel. That's what I understood them telling me.

I cancelled Directv.

the issue for me is I get COMCAST as a work

Aug 18, 2019, 9:41 AM

Perk and don’t pay much much for it. I don’t want to upend my entire TV environment over a single game so I will be heading to Taco MAC I guess.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Crunch time. I’m worried too!

Aug 18, 2019, 9:50 AM

Direct will have it - but the channel isn't up yet. These other providers are probably just playing hard ball for a good deal. I think they get it in the last minute!

I am not going to phreak out now b/c the channel isn't on the guide as of today. The day before or day of the game; then I'll phreak out. Give it a couple days and see; it'll be there.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

thanks. Good advice.***

Aug 18, 2019, 9:55 AM

Replies: 10
| visibility 2,447
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic