Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
This is the post of a lifetime that began with Don Munson
Hall of Fame - Tiger Boards Hall of Fame
add New Topic
Replies: 0
| visibility 1
   | View Original Thread |

This is the post of a lifetime that began with Don Munson

Oct 22, 2006, 3:59 PM

calling me on Friday and telling me he had a sidline pass for me for the GT game. I met him at the Tailgate show at 6:30 and we soon made our way to the field. I stood with Don behind the goal posts as the Tigers prepared to run down " The Hill". Luckily, I remembered my new Treo phone had a decent camcorder and I quickly learned how to activate it. Don, reminded me not to get run over as the Tigers came running down; and it was an experience I won't ever forget.Unbelievable for a Tiger Fan to say the least.
Eventually, Don and I found ourselves in the endzone standing by the cannon. It looked like we were possibly going to score and I asked the cannon firer if I could fire it if we scored. Don said," Are you crazy?"; but the guy said to my disbelief " Sure!". Well, we didn't socre and had to punt. The cannon guy ( Richard)said , " Well, I've got to go to the other end of the field". They always go to the opposite end of the field from the ones the Tigers are facing. I guess because one year the cannon was fired right in the face of an official on a TD. Anyway, Don askes me where I want to go stand now. I said, " Don, I'm going with that cannon!". We go to other end of the field, at the bottom of hill and I relocate beside Richard. About that time, JD breaks a long one to the 6 and Richard starts giving me instructions on how to roll the cannon forward with my foot as I pull the cord to the firng pin with my right hand. Don is still in disbelief. I said , " Don, get your video ready!". Don is scared to death that I am going to fire the cannon before we actually score. But, JD runs wide ( making it easy for me not to mess up) and scores. I push the cannon forward with my foot and pull the cord. Bam! The ten guage shell goes off and smoke is everywhere, Don is cracking up laughing and I am yelling " How 'bout that Pardner?!!!". And Don has it all on film.
Then the second half starts and after talking to a really nice guy for about ten minutes, I introduced myself to him and he says his name is Billy. I asked , " Billy who?". He said," Billy Davis". I said , " Oh yeah, #24, Safety, ran a long punt back against Nebraska in the Orange Bowl. Are you still in the secret service?". He thought that was neat that he was till remembered. Anyway,he told me he still gets an adrenalin rush being down on the sideline( so all of us wannnabes don't have to feel so bad about it). Then JD runs a 20 yarder to the fifty heading toward the hill and I tell Billy that Spiller is gonna break one anytime( I swear on my mother's soul). And CJ breaks one the next play, coming straight at us. I start pointing straight at CJ as he runs right at me in the endzone and about the twenty yard line he points straight back at me. He stops one yard from me in the end zone. I'm the guy in the purple pullover with the orange hat and gray hair pumping my fist in the endzone shot on ESPN.

Now, if anybody has a story to top that one, I want to read it. Can't waih to get my cd from Don.

I just want to give great thanks to Don and to Richard for a night to remember!

Bryan

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 0
| visibility 1
Hall of Fame - Tiger Boards Hall of Fame
add New Topic