Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Whoa..QB Russell Wilson to be the highest paid QB in NFL History
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 2,194

Whoa..QB Russell Wilson to be the highest paid QB in NFL History

Apr 16, 2019, 8:44 AM

and to think he came from NCst & then was squeezed out his last year since he wanted to play 2 sports, and had to go play for Wisc!

Oh, did he beat Clemson in his 2-3 yrs at NCst?

(neliconcept checked in on a post later and said the Wolf-packer NEVER beat Tigers!)

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Whoa..QB Russell Wilson to be the highest paid QB in NFL History

Apr 16, 2019, 8:52 AM

Now they can find some cheap linemen to protect.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I heard Flacco and Rodgers told him the $$ is a good

Apr 16, 2019, 8:55 AM

distraction from their talent-less 4-13 football team

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Re: Whoa..QB Russell Wilson to be the highest paid QB in NFL History

Apr 16, 2019, 8:58 AM

Never beat us while at NCstate either..

These ridiculous deals for QBs is getting out of hand. Other players are going to be like ### what about my contract and then they can't afford it due to salary cap. And then you have one great QB (or good being subjective) on a team with a bunch of ok players and they never go back to the SB.

Probably the biggest reason I'm not a big NFL fan

Apr 16, 2019, 9:07 AM

I'm not one to boycott the league or anything. There are several boneheads, but there are a LOT of really good men out there.

But this money is ridiculous. I'm sorry, but no one athlete is worth that much money. Not in my opinion. Stats also show that as salary increases, performance doesn't necessarily increase with it, or even stabilize. It really just keeps them from ever wanting to be traded.

It'll never happen, but I think the NFL and the other pro leagues should put a reasonable cap on salaries. They can have incentives and endorsements all they want, as much as they want, but all this guaranteed money rarely pays off, even though it pays out.

Sorry, but I prefer to watch these college kids play the game, most of them playing just for the love of the game and competition. Give me college ball any day over the NFL. Any day.

Re: Probably the biggest reason I'm not a big NFL fan

Apr 16, 2019, 12:23 PM

I kind of see it both ways.

I think it's crazy that Russell Wilson, who throws like 15 passes a game, is now the highest paid player in the league. But I get it.

I think these guys have a right to earn their worth. The NFL is a cash cow, no doubt about it. In 2017 they distributed $8.2Bn in league-wide revenue to its 32 franchises (250m per), which is made up of TV and Sponsorship deals. Teams generate their own revenue locally from tickets, food sales and other sponsorships. End result is a TON of money flowing into each franchise and more directly to the owners.

Only have to look at the Panther's $2.2Bn sale in 2018 to highlight this fact and the Panther's are in the bottom 1/3 valuation wise.

So the point being? The NFL is making a TON of money, the franchises are making a TON of money, and the owners are making a TON of money. It only makes sense then, that arguably the most important position on the field is also compensated as those ridiculous levels.

This is just another way that Tom Brady and the Patriots

Apr 16, 2019, 11:05 AM

are smarter than everybody else. Brady knows that you have to have other good players on your team, and if you yourself chew up all the money, you can't get them. He has taken less money for years to assure he can compete for rings on the field. Unfortunately, Wilson, Aaron Rodgers, Cam Newton, etc, appear to be more about "I Me Mine." Just makes Brady's path back to the Super Bowl title easier. And NO, I am definitely not a Patriots fan. I am a lowly New York Jets fan, from all the way back in the Joe Willie Namath AFL days. It's been a long dry spell.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Makes up for how underpaid he was on his rookie contract***

Apr 16, 2019, 5:49 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 2,194
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic