Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Christian Wilkins ... Wow! What a player, What a leader !!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

Christian Wilkins ... Wow! What a player, What a leader !!

Dec 3, 2017, 9:29 AM

This quote brings a tear to my eye. When he was asked for thoughts on the big game ... THIS is the first thing that came to his mind. He said, “ … I want to give a special shout out to First Sargent Frank Thomas, who sang “America the Beautiful” before the fourth quarter. That’s just a time to reflect, definitely appreciate, and look and see how proud you are to be an American. That was remarkable. I was singing right there with him. A lot of my team mates were singing right there with him. A good time to reflect and appreciate for sure.”

We are going to miss this guy when he graduates and moves on to the NFL!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's the one "secret" component that so many others

Dec 3, 2017, 9:38 AM

miss about Dabo's recruiting priorities...character. "Is this a good, decent kid, or just a thug who can run fast?" Dabo gets it.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is great...

Dec 3, 2017, 9:40 AM

nm

Dabo!***

Dec 3, 2017, 9:58 AM [ in reply to That's the one "secret" component that so many others ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That's the one "secret" component that so many others

Dec 5, 2017, 3:29 AM [ in reply to That's the one "secret" component that so many others ]

You just had to be racist huh

Re: Christian Wilkins ... Wow! What a player, What a leader !!

Dec 3, 2017, 9:43 AM

Great post, but please note CW isn't just "leaving for the NFL." He is GRADUATING.

Dec 3, 2017, 9:50 AM

Yep great point. Big big difference!!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 3, 2017, 9:55 AM

I'm sorry, I overlooked "when he graduates" in your original post. I am just extra proud of the fact that our guys actually get a college education, unlike so many other schools!

Dec 3, 2017, 10:06 AM

No ... you were right. I fixed it. ;)

Dec 3, 2017, 9:48 AM

Yes, you are so so correct. Talk about living “best is the standard “. Don’t get no better than this. And he definitely passes it on to the younger guys.

No doubt they’ll be books and movies in the future: The Dabo Effect or Dabo’s Way etc.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

On top of that, he has played multiple positions for us

Dec 3, 2017, 9:50 AM

(RB, lineman, DE, DT) and even spent some time playing TE. Dude has done it all and has not missed one game during his time at Clemson, which says alot considering the position he plays. He will no doubt go down as one if the best tigers of all time

Dec 3, 2017, 9:51 AM

Wow, what a wonderful role model Christian Wilkins is. NFL could learn a lot from a young man like this. I was so proud to see that special moment, of him singing, was caught by the camera.

Christian is one of a kind

Dec 3, 2017, 9:57 AM

I will miss him as much as any Tiger ever

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

His leadership will be missed next year. He has been

Dec 3, 2017, 10:24 AM

outstanding since day one. Very hard to replace that young man

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: His leadership will be missed next year. He has been

Dec 6, 2017, 5:22 PM

DITTO

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 3, 2017, 11:16 AM

POTD! +1

I was formally known as Furious george and have changed my name to match the name I use to call on WCCP radio.

Dec 5, 2017, 5:24 AM

See, I told you guys this was the POTD!

I was formally known as Furious george and have changed my name to match the name I use to call on WCCP radio.

Bump. We had a lot going on today but this can't be buried.

Dec 3, 2017, 7:26 PM

My goodness we will miss this man when he leaves.

null

Dec 3, 2017, 7:56 PM

Love this guy and others!!!! We are truly blessed with players who are great young men! He is already one of my all time favorites!

Dec 4, 2017, 12:04 AM

A truly special individual. Celebrate, everybody! We get to see him play in two more games!!????

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 4, 2017, 12:11 AM

Great post. Thanks for sharing. Twenty years from now, CW will be one of the first to pop in your head when you think of Clemson's all time greats.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 4, 2017, 12:29 AM

I know these are college students, you get them for 3-5 years to play in your football program and then they will graduate, Diploma in hand hopefully or leave early for the NFL. Dabo really tries to get all of our players to commit to get a degree in a subject they can thrive in once Clemson and/or the NFL is done. For athletes that leave early without that Diploma Cllemson has a program for any athlete to come back to CU and get that Diploma. Once a Tiger, always a Tiger. A Tiger Man needs no introduction!

Oh my goodness, the reason I started the post was Christian Wilkins and I didn’t even mention him. I love watching all of our guys, but there is something special about Christian Wilkins. He seems like the energizer on overload. Have never heard one negative thing ever said about this young man.,I love watching every game he plays, every interview he gives, before or after the game. He makes me so proud of him. I know he has his own Mom, but I would love to get to meet him and get a huge hug/squeeze. He is not selfish. He helps and encourages all of the other players no matter what part of the team they in. He just lights a room. Last night during the game and at the break before the fourth quarter when they were singing God Bless America and you look over there and Christian is all smiles bellowing the song right along with them. You could see the heart and love for his team and our Country shining off of his face. I was never more proud of anyone than Christian Right there in that moment. One of those darned confetti times. Will miss this big fellow so much when he leaves the Tigers to go kick ### in the NFL. When he graduates I would love to have that young man around my dining room table telling all of his Clemson exploits. Go Tigers

Message was edited by: jeancooper®

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Dec 4, 2017, 8:27 PM

#42 is one I will follow closely in the NFL. I check out them all periodically....but there are a few that hold a special place in this Clemson fan's heart.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thought the same thing when i read his response to the inter

Dec 4, 2017, 8:48 PM

View. And saw him singing between quarters.

I’ve said this before about what he brings to the table more than anything else, including his athleticism, is his character. To me he’s the main cog in this team. He controls the culture of the entire team and more than anything else and anyone else, we’ll miss him next year due to his leadership and outlook on life. I think the entire team looks to him for leadership, and as he goes, the team culture goes. What a classy Clemson TIger. I sure hope he passes that life outlook on to some other guys who can try to pick up the mantle for future teams and carry it on.

Roar TIgers!

And, 1st Sgt Frank Thomas sounded great too!

Dec 4, 2017, 8:54 PM

What a roaring voice!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 4, 2017, 8:57 PM

My wife teaches with someone whose husband drives a CATBus and CW is a regular rider. During the game, she told me what the fellow teacher told her about CW. She said he always asks how the driver is doing, is very polite, and tells the driver, "I really appreciate what you do."

Dec 4, 2017, 9:00 PM

This is great!!!

https://www.facebook.com/SeldomUsedReserve/videos/1479005772215875/

Dec 4, 2017, 9:02 PM

great player, but he's kinda fruity if you know what I mean

Dec 6, 2017, 4:11 PM

Pretty sure you'd be afraid to come out from behind your anoymous board handle to make that statement.

Right, Teddy Brosevelt?

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic