Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
'But please, spare me the revolution! It can wait.'
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 597

'But please, spare me the revolution! It can wait.'

Jul 18, 2019, 9:00 AM

"I was shocked that so many candidates in the party whose nominee I was planning to support want to get rid of the private health insurance covering some 250 million Americans and have “Medicare for all” instead. I think we should strengthen Obamacare and eventually add a public option.

I was shocked that so many were ready to decriminalize illegal entry into our country. I think people should have to ring the doorbell before they enter my house or my country.

I was shocked at all those hands raised in support of providing comprehensive health coverage to undocumented immigrants. I think promises we’ve made to our fellow Americans should take priority, like to veterans in need of better health care...O.K., I’ll give the left a revolution now: four more years of Donald Trump."

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/16/opinion/trump-2020.html

Message was edited by: ClemsonTiger1988®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DNC response "Qu'ils mangent de la brioche"***

Jul 18, 2019, 10:29 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 'But please, spare me the revolution! It can wait.'

Jul 18, 2019, 12:33 PM

What is missing from your appeal is that the vast majority of private health care subscribers would love nothing better than to get rid of private health care.

They make too much for Obamacare so they're completely at the mercy of Ins. Co.'s greed.

For a family of 4, son 16, wife 44, daughter 22, myself 64....we pay right at $2000 a month with a $13,000 deductible and xrays aren't covered.

And don't give me that line "blame Obamacare" as if the Insurance carriers are as big a victims as we are. Since 2010 Cigna Health's stock price has bone up 1100 %.

Collectively they made $15 billion in profits, not gross, but profits last year.

So yeah, we're being raped by Corporations and you guys blame it on Obama.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is a NYT opinion piece which seems accurate.

Jul 18, 2019, 12:52 PM

I didn't need anyone to point out to me that Obamacare was backed by the health insurance industry. That says more about Obamacare than you would admit when he was lying about premiums going down and people could keep their insurance and doctors if they want.

Long ago you should have learned that a pig in a poke wasn't worth whatever the seller wanted for it. Obamacare had no teeth until Obama EOed a directive to charge people who didn't want to participate in the program. No one who was retired at the time forgets that he raped the coffers of Social Security to help finance Obamacare either.

Your real problem isn't with me or the writer, Felix. The real problem you're facing is your party moving off and making you, a reasonable centrist look like a staunch conservative. You're old and your views are slow to change, don't ask how I understand. You're not about to go along with another foolish government plan to take over the health insurance business, open the borders and provide coverage to ever Juan, Carlos and Maria that steps foot on our soil.

Your choice will be vote for Trump or stay at home. So will million of centrist democrats. You want to see Trump go down but the cost isn't equal to the pleasure of seeing him and his supporters squeal.

Is the writer wrong?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This is a NYT opinion piece which seems accurate.

Jul 18, 2019, 2:41 PM

You can get Trump out and prevent the revolution you don't desire. Split ticket voting is legal and the fact that most people don't do it is crazy to me. Not once in my life have I selected all D or all R.

The bigger issue to me is how do you get people to care enough to actually look into candidates and make honest selections at the voting booth instead of being lazy and partisan?

I can not excuse people being one party hacks.

Jul 19, 2019, 9:12 AM

With the complication of truly knowing who a candidate is, what he really intends to do and whether or not he's lying when he promises something there's also the very complex problem of sources of information being more opinion than fact. Basically, those factors lead one to conclude that instead of focusing on what a particular candidate says he/she believe is important we resort to what we believe is important and try to set a priority list of just how those issue related in value to each other.

That leaves us focused on fewer and fewer issues due to time, information and accuracy of that information. I think this is how people become one issue voters. Among the confusion of 'is he lying, are they lying about him, do I care more about that issue than the other,' we get frustrated.

That's why people vote according to party. Overall voters might not like everything their party does but generally the values align.

Re: This is a NYT opinion piece which seems accurate.

Jul 20, 2019, 10:17 AM [ in reply to This is a NYT opinion piece which seems accurate. ]

You serious Clark? Health Ins. co's profits skyrocketed after Obamacare.

"Winners: Health insurers. The stock price of Centene, a major Medicaid and ACA marketplace insurer, has multiplied by 12 times or 1,100%. Shares of UnitedHealth Group have jumped by more than 700%."

https://www.axios.com/aca-health-care-industry-insurance-hospitals-profit-856273fc-4248-4021-adf3-dfda8bc13040.html

Jul 18, 2019, 7:33 PM [ in reply to Re: 'But please, spare me the revolution! It can wait.' ]

SOunds like a private plan or really bad employer coverage is your issue. Private plans/ Employer plans were driven higher by Obamacare, lots of add in on what had to be covered. If a Company plan ,well I feel bad for you there and personally would look for a better company. For decades I paid $287 per month for a family of 4 ,covered 100% with ZERO deductible. Now that I retired it runs $400 a month for the wife and I, same policy with zero deductibles. My only costs were a $100 fee for processing no matter the cost of bill, all routine stuff required no fee like office visits,test,xrays etc.

Jul 19, 2019, 8:08 AM

Obamacare was by no means great but it had some good points and slowed the growth of plan rates compared to pre-ACA in most areas. Well, at least that was true until recently when part of its funding and insurance guarantees were stripped.

It’s too bad congress couldn't bother to work together long enough to fix/replace the areas that needed it and make the whole thing work.

Jul 19, 2019, 10:46 AM [ in reply to Re: 'But please, spare me the revolution! It can wait.' ]

Felix2, excuse me for riding on the short bus but the only thing I got out of your rant was you are 64 and your wife is 44. Dude you hit life’s lottery! Sit back and relax! You’ve won my man! ????????

Jul 20, 2019, 10:18 AM

She's waay prettier than I am too dude. Problem is, I can't take her to dinner 'cause of health ins. premiums. :)

Why do you say that like it's a bad thing?

Jul 20, 2019, 10:21 AM

You can't copulate in public, it's against the law.

Jul 19, 2019, 9:16 AM

Trump is going to wipe the floor with them all and then make them cry and then send them home to mommy.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 597
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic