Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: The Making of a Man: How Greek life, maturity, and lessons learned helped Shaq Smith
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

TNET: The Making of a Man: How Greek life, maturity, and lessons learned helped Shaq Smith

Mar 8, 2019, 7:01 AM

The Making of a Man: How Greek life, maturity, and lessons learned helped Shaq Smith

Clemson linebacker Shaq Smith said those words to me two years ago as Clemson prepared to take on Alabama in the National Championship Game in Tampa, Fla. Smith redshirted the 2016 season and was looking forward to grabbing playing time in 2017 but playing time didn’t come immediately. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great story about a remarkable man.

Mar 8, 2019, 7:14 AM

This shows even more so than the performance on the field the caliber of of gentlemen that our coaching staff has gathered to be on the football team. His response to the QB situation shows a maturity way beyond his years and is a great insight into the psyche of the team.

Great article, thanks.

Re: TNET: The Making of a Man: How Greek life, maturity, and lessons learned helped Shaq Smith

Mar 8, 2019, 7:15 AM

Now that is a Clemson Man. We expect great things from you young man!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Awesome story. Shaq is one of my favorites

Mar 8, 2019, 7:50 AM

Most 5* recruits would have probably transferred out by now. But he has really matured so much since he got on campus. I hope so much that he comes in and dominates the next 2 years. He really deserves it.

Snowflake Basher........Out

Exactly what I was thinking.

Mar 8, 2019, 8:27 AM

I hope his patience and hard work is rewarded.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Dude abides

Re: Awesome story. Shaq is one of my favorites

Mar 8, 2019, 9:20 AM [ in reply to Awesome story. Shaq is one of my favorites ]

I'm expecting an All ACC type of year and enter the draft after the season.
I'm happy for him and Tigers that the light has turned on!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This guy will be an All American. Mark it down

Mar 8, 2019, 8:16 AM

He has the kind of attitude and drive that it takes to be a legend

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Re: TNET: The Making of a Man: How Greek life, maturity, and lessons learned helped Shaq Smith

Mar 8, 2019, 8:41 AM

New name - Zorba the Greek!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What a great article

Mar 8, 2019, 9:22 AM

Way to represent yourself, your fraternity, your school, and your family Shaq! Sounds like you've learned a lot more than just football and academics during your time at Clemson. Can't wait to see you on the field this season.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 8, 2019, 9:31 AM

:)

Mar 9, 2019, 7:55 AM

Talked to this kid in length when he was a freshman and more than a few times since then. He’s a good guy!! I’m really pulling for him!!

Always so impressed with the character and maturity of our

Mar 8, 2019, 10:11 AM

guys at that age. Culture matters.

I hope Shaq shows out this year!

Mar 8, 2019, 10:12 AM

He has done things the RIGHT way and has learned to be patient and expectant. Many kids with his recruiting notoriety would have split after year 1. This kid came in the same year Tre Lamar did and was higher rated than Tre Lamar was as a Linebacker. Hope he stays healthy and dominates his position this year.

I was easy for just a casual fan

Mar 8, 2019, 10:20 AM

To see him improve from game to game this season. He played really well in the three championship games and showed that he was ready to take over on the field. I expect him to be an all conference Player in 2019.

Hoping for great things from Shaq!

Mar 8, 2019, 10:24 AM

He is already proving to be an exemplary young man and developing leadership skills that will carry him far in life. Here's to an All-American young man becoming an All-American football player. Go Tigers!

GO TIGERS!!!

Great stuff! Makes me excited to see him on the field this season!***

Mar 8, 2019, 10:29 AM

null

Mar 8, 2019, 11:53 AM

It sounds like Shaq really has his head on straight and is ready to make moves on the field and in life. Young people don't mature at the same speed, so players may need more time to mature and develop their potential. This young man has taken such positive steps to reach that potential — seeking out good role models, assessing his strengths and weaknesses, and being introspective about what he wants to achieve. Go get it man ... this is your time.

Mar 8, 2019, 1:39 PM

Having learned more about Shaq, I’m a fan. Will be pulling hard for him to succeed in 2019/20.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

go get 'em shaq!***

Mar 8, 2019, 2:35 PM

Mar 8, 2019, 3:14 PM

Have a great year Shaq!! Behind you all the way!

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Mar 8, 2019, 5:17 PM

Awesome attitude, awesome guy! THIS is what Tiger Nation needs. Can’t wait to see you FULL time on Saturdays! Go Tigers!

Mar 8, 2019, 5:35 PM

So proud of this young man!!!!

Mar 8, 2019, 6:30 PM

A Phiiiii- 06!!!!!

in case anyone is wondering he’s an Alpha***

Mar 9, 2019, 8:11 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: in case anyone is wondering he’s an Alpha***

Mar 9, 2019, 8:19 AM

Persistence have results. You are a Clemson man Respect you have earned. Hope your dreams come true. I'm betting they will

He’s going to have a breakout year!!***

Mar 9, 2019, 4:28 PM

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic