Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
This guy thinks we should have pulled the starters in the
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 4,548

This guy thinks we should have pulled the starters in the

Nov 11, 2019, 12:28 PM

first half?

https://www.newsobserver.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/luke-decock/article237207243.html

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

I like to say this author's name really fast.

Nov 11, 2019, 12:31 PM

signed, Francis Marion®

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Careful, he gets hurt and offended easily.***

Nov 11, 2019, 9:15 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Careful, he gets hurt and offended easily.***

Nov 11, 2019, 9:16 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Make it idjit proof and someone will make a better idjit.

Re: Careful, he gets hurt and offended easily.***

Nov 11, 2019, 9:27 PM [ in reply to Careful, he gets hurt and offended easily.*** ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Looks like you made a new enemy.

Nov 11, 2019, 9:35 PM

Bob will enjoy having company.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you talking about yourself right?

Nov 12, 2019, 1:25 AM [ in reply to Careful, he gets hurt and offended easily.*** ]

Except I do think you're a she. Nothing wrong with that. But you sure could try to get a handle on your emotions and stop the petty antagonism of the men here. Look, we know you have feelings for Brad. Thats okay, but it doesn't justify his 10 year level of success, or lack thereof. I like Brad and hope for him to show a miraculous turnaround in the data, but I really wish you would stop trying to shove every simple win in the face of everyone, and learn to deal with constructive criticism better. Otherwise you seem like a nice lady. I'm not sure your literal love for Brad allows to to see things logically and reasonably though. All in all here, you are not one to be accusing anyone of getting emotional. You take that cake, hands down.

Re: you talking about yourself right?

Nov 12, 2019, 8:31 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

that article is actually an indictment of how bad NCSU is ***

Nov 11, 2019, 12:34 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: that article is actually an indictment of how bad NCSU is ***

Nov 11, 2019, 12:38 PM

Yet Clemson’s star players were in danger. DANGER!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

He can send his complaints to the CFP and other poll voters.***

Nov 11, 2019, 12:35 PM

Margin of victory and style points aren't supposed to be factors that are taken into consideration but clearly they are.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

But even moreover

Nov 11, 2019, 12:37 PM

No one pulls their starters in the second quarter on the road against a conference opponent when you are playing for something important. This wasn't us having all the guys in the game deep into the fourth quarter up 60.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Trevor should not even played in the game

Nov 11, 2019, 12:38 PM

Maybe Chase could have kept the game closer

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Re: He can send his complaints to the CFP and other poll voters.***

Nov 11, 2019, 12:39 PM [ in reply to He can send his complaints to the CFP and other poll voters.*** ]

Clemson already uses more players every game than anyone else, so I would not be too concerned. Also, the Tigers have another week off on the 23rd. Plenty of time to rest up for the stretch run.

Re: He can send his complaints to the CFP and other poll voters.***

Nov 11, 2019, 12:48 PM [ in reply to He can send his complaints to the CFP and other poll voters.*** ]

I think the article IS the complaint to the CFP and poll voters.

This is a very well-written article. Not saying I'm agreeing with him on everything. But he managed to cram in insults for Clemson's approach, NCSt program AND the CFP tactics all in one article. Well-done author. That takes some planning there.

ohio st pulled there starters in the

Nov 11, 2019, 12:40 PM

First half and still hung 73 on merryland

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The risk of

Nov 11, 2019, 1:08 PM

Being injured is always present in the game of football. Perhaps the front line guys should not play anymore in the regular season. The NCSU starters were still in the game looooong after the game was over. I recall seeing the wolfies laying all over the field the entire game. Once there was three guys down at once!

If you go into a game being afraid of injury you should stay home

Re: ohio st pulled there starters in the

Nov 11, 2019, 1:15 PM [ in reply to ohio st pulled there starters in the ]

Mary-Land not too good.

Re: This guy thinks we should have pulled the starters in the

Nov 11, 2019, 1:11 PM

He gave the reason later in the article:

Clemson had no choice, with its fate in the hands of these political hacks, but to deliver a message of its own Saturday night, running up the score on N.C. State on the marquee game of the day on national TV, even if it meant risking its chances at winning a national title.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's the reason he thinks we left in the starters...

Nov 11, 2019, 1:16 PM

we probably wouldn't have pulled them in the first half regardless.

At some point you need a few reps to keep the rust off.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

THIS IS WHAT HE ACTUALLY SAID

Nov 11, 2019, 1:20 PM

Clemson had no choice, with its fate in the hands of these political hacks, but to deliver a message of its own Saturday night, running up the score on N.C. State on the marquee game of the day on national TV, even if it meant risking its chances at winning a national title.

Link

Nov 11, 2019, 1:21 PM

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/message/Thats-the-reason-he-thinks-we-left-in-the-starters-26312250

Not helpful.

Nov 11, 2019, 11:06 PM

Bless your heart.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Re: This guy thinks we should have pulled the starters in the

Nov 11, 2019, 1:22 PM

The dood just doesn't understand that the starters need game reps. Dabo knew before the game started when he was going to pull the starters if we had a comfortable lead. I doubt that the CFP has one iota of influence on Dabo's game plan.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So it's OK for Bama to play starters until the 4th quarter..

Nov 11, 2019, 8:59 PM

...against an over matched SEC team?

They just talk about how great Bama is when they roll the tide.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's probably happy with a wash'n'wax in a bottle.

Nov 11, 2019, 10:03 PM

He's probably has no clue what a good buff job can do for a car's appearance and he probably is too cheap to care. He wouldn't understand torque specification on anything or changing oil hot and often.

He is clueless as to how to prepare a three deep WR corp and polish third string running backs in preparation for a national championship run.

He probably doesn't understand setting up formations and running the same play off of them just so postseason opponents will be surprised when Dabo uses that formation and runs something totally different and worth 6 points.

He's a pretty good writer, it's a shame he isn't doing romance novels for Harloquin. They would appreciate him.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Contrast his article with this lol

Nov 11, 2019, 11:22 PM

I did not even bother reading this thread

Nov 11, 2019, 11:34 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Guess This Aszhat Didn't Watch The O310 Game***

Nov 11, 2019, 11:52 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree with this part

Nov 12, 2019, 1:44 AM

The cfp selection committee is 'cronyism' and is actively encouraging blowouts. Bad for football.

Could not agree more.

Replies: 29
| visibility 4,548
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic