Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
As for me, IDC IF DCBV’s daughter gets a scholly
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1

As for me, IDC IF DCBV’s daughter gets a scholly

Feb 8, 2018, 11:34 AM

Or ANY of our coaches family; family of friends; friends; hayull, even FM (who’s played multiple high school sports and is a better athlete than most of us), Balm or even DSP (sorry bob, while you may be a pretty good bet at shortstop, I just don’t see you as worthy of an athletic scholarship... English Major, perhaps?). But for those complaining about kids of coaches getting schollies, “...three place kicker holders...”, etc., on the team, I disagree!

If you look at this year’s signees, we finished with the 6th best class with only 17 recruits. So, extrapolate that out and you have a total of 68 scholarships - and quality players - over a four year span. Which leaves 17 open slots to stay under the 85 scholarship limit. Which works for me! And appears to be working for us... in the CFP three straight years... should be in that hunt/conversation for the forseeable future with HCDS & Co. Just seems to me they’ve proven that they can do this with family and friends, don’t you think?

So, keep bringing their kids, and friend’s kids, and heck, even the kids of their kids COMING!

GO TIGERS!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Glad you brought this up!!!

Feb 8, 2018, 11:49 AM

The way I see it, this is a BIG PART of the phenomenal “culture plan”. As more of our Outstanding Former Players families & the families of our AMAZING Coaching Staff create deep generational ties to the heritage and legacy of Clemson University and our Football Program by attending Clemson and participating in its development, the more stability & continuity exists.
There’s nothing but POSITIVE THINGS to say about that combined with our ongoing success! ??????

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, I'll only have a problem if I see Young Mr. Batson

Feb 8, 2018, 11:52 AM

out there over Young TL at QB, but don't think that'll happen. I'm all for all of these kids getting to be on the team. It is none of my business who Dabo brings in. I'm just a fan!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: As for me, IDC IF DCBV’s daughter gets a scholly

Feb 8, 2018, 11:56 AM

Me too. But, even though I will never speak for someone else, I really think the posts where peeps are complaining about the coach's kids getting scholly's is just sarcastic poasts... Could be wrong but I don't think anyone is really complaining about our recruiting imo.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Think of it this way...if not for this we wouldn't have

Feb 8, 2018, 12:07 PM

Coach Jeff Scott. I'd say it's worked out pretty darn good...

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We have 5 scholarships to give to walk ons

Feb 8, 2018, 12:18 PM

Based on tigernets scholarship breakdown not including renthrow of course. We are at 82 of 85 with 2 walk ons that didnt play last year

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic