Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Things that could have been
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

Things that could have been

Aug 17, 2019, 7:36 AM

If someone who KB trusts had convinced him the best path to the NFL is at a position other than QB, he could be ready to shine.

Just suppose KB had chosen to take a red shirt and hit the weight room and nutrition center. He could have committed to adding 20 good lbs and learning the TE position. As thin as we are there and as athletic as KB is, he could have had a solid senior season, received a natty ring as PART OF THE TEAM and potentially won another. If he had taken the attitude of whatever-I-can-do-to-help-my-team he could possibly be starting at TE and maybe impress some pro scouts.

As the QB at Mizzou, all he's going to do is prove CDS made the only decision that made sense. There is no way he gets a shot to play QB in the NFL. Unfortunately, the voice he's willing to hear is telling him he's got a very good chance. His trusted adviser is steering him off a cliff and he's more than happy to stay the course.

Too bad. I can't help but think about what could have been.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

has ESPN reported on the QB KB stole a starting job from?

Aug 17, 2019, 8:06 AM

because he did take a starting job from some Mizzou QB. Wonder if that guy quit his team and is transferring.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Things that could have been

Aug 17, 2019, 8:19 AM

He doesn’t seem sturdy enough to be a TE, what about WR? He seems like a Jaron Brown type receiver.

Aside from Bryant’s pro prospects, he could guide Missouri to 10 wins this year.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 17, 2019, 9:07 AM

He would have had to transfer if he moved to WR, as he would barely see the field at CLEMSON. We are loaded at WR, with arguably the best WR corp in the country.

But I agree, he would have possibly become a good WR, maybe. But a lot would depend on which school he transferred to, and which WR he stole their starting position from.

He would have had to gain 20 good lbs

Aug 17, 2019, 10:00 AM [ in reply to Re: Things that could have been ]

And KB is definitely not frail

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 17, 2019, 9:25 AM

I agree that he has no future in the NFL as a QB. He will not be drafted as such, and no team will sign him as a UFA at that position. This is not a knock on him, just an honest evaluation of his talent vs others that I have seen come out of college in recent years who didn't get a sniff of the league. But, he deserves to carry his dream as long as he possibly can, I guess.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My point is if the NFL is his ultimate goal

Aug 17, 2019, 10:10 AM

then his trusted adviser has taken him off the rails. Too bad he didn't get some straight talk and taken a realistic path. QB is not his chance to play in the league.

Aug 17, 2019, 1:26 PM

Reminds me of Major Harris from wv-who. Clemson exposed his weaknesses as a QB. He could of stuck in the nfl if he would have moved to different position. He finished 3rd in Heisman voting and left early for the nfl. Never played in nfl, 1 year in Canada, then kicked around in arena and semi-pro.

Sad really. I hope KB does make it, time will tell.

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic