Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Kudos to Our OL
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1,552

Kudos to Our OL

Jan 18, 2019, 2:54 PM

There have been many posts re the OL is the weak link on our team and Caldwell can't recruit top OL talent. I'm here today to lavish a little praise on our OL. They have been producing all season without any fanfare. Their performance in the championship game was a thing of beauty. Lawrence is somewhat an escape artist but the OL gave him time to do his thing. Reading comments by posters on other boards alluded to the fact our OL was outstanding.

I will admit Alabama's game plan made a big difference from what we saw last year. Having Lawrence at QB made the Tide defend the pass. Most of the time Alabama was sending four men and that's much easier to handle than having six men rushing the QB. I don't know what the count was for the Tide DL pressuring Lawrence but it could not have been many and the Tide had no sacks. That's a pretty good day's work. So, I'm here to go on record for a huge shout out to our OL for a job well done.

Message was edited by: Joe21®

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They definitely made a lot of people eat crow in that game.

Jan 18, 2019, 3:01 PM

We didn't have a great stat-line in rushing yards but ETN's second rushing TD on the goal-line, where he walked in untouched was a thing of beauty!

Pass pro was amazing all night!

It was the best performance by an 0-line at Clemson I can remember since maybe the 2006 GT game.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: They definitely made a lot of people eat crow in that game.

Jan 18, 2019, 3:04 PM

Not that stars don't indicate athletic ability, but they don't measure heart. ur line did their job every week.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Some people never learn...

Jan 18, 2019, 3:05 PM [ in reply to They definitely made a lot of people eat crow in that game. ]

Keep doubting Clemson and then watch them continue to make you look foolish and uninformed (i.e., Desmond Howard).

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Kudos to Bama's defensive line...

Jan 18, 2019, 3:04 PM

for being ranked in the top ten and getting their suck on the the CFP final game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Kudos to Our OL

Jan 18, 2019, 3:08 PM

The OL sure quieted everyone down. That was impressive.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Check out these blocks on the Goal Line

Jan 18, 2019, 3:54 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Replies: 6
| visibility 1,552
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic