Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
VT's Logan Thomas: Anyone else wondering when Beamer
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

VT's Logan Thomas: Anyone else wondering when Beamer

Nov 2, 2012, 9:38 AM

and crew will give the 2nd string QB a shot? Most of his throws were low or behind the receiver last night or into a crowd. He looks like he's regressed instead of improving. They'll never have a consistent offense with that kind of QB play as the read option will only get you so far.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But he's a Hiesman candidate.***

Nov 2, 2012, 9:39 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

An he's so tall! LOL***

Nov 2, 2012, 9:44 AM

Re: VT's Logan Thomas: Anyone else wondering when Beamer

Nov 2, 2012, 9:44 AM

I'm amazed at some of the throws he misses and misses badly. Looks like barring injury they are committed to him for this year but the way it is going you'd think second qb would get work. they need to develop a qb for next year. this guy isn't cutting it or even close in spite of Palmer's idiotic ramblings.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're in agreement then. Horrible QB and not improving***

Nov 2, 2012, 9:49 AM

I was wondering the same thing but I am assuming there just isn't a better option. I also think yanking QB's in college is a much tougher way to win in the long run as they are younger and not going to bounce back from sitting on the bench as say a pro QB might be able to do.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There was a reason he was a TE in High School...lol***

I was thinking the same thing last night. Either his HS

Nov 2, 2012, 9:55 AM

coaches overlooked his ability to be a QB or they tried him out and it just didn't work out.

VT has bigger problems than Logan Thomas

Nov 2, 2012, 9:59 AM

Penalties, Turnovers by other players, bad pass protection, and just bad football in general.

They lost a lot from their offense this season and really they weren't that good on offense last year either.

Logan Thomas is an above average QB and probably better than whoever they have behind him. He just needs to make better decisions and people around him to make plays.

Pass-pro isn't the problem. Can't-make-a-decision-itis

Nov 2, 2012, 10:00 AM

is the problem. The OL can't put up a permanent wall around the QB. He's got to get rid of the #### ball.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pass pro is a problem for VT

Nov 2, 2012, 10:09 AM

Anyway I'm not here to defend Logan Thomas, I'm just giving my honest opinion of the situation. He has regressed a little since last season, and the offense around him has gotten worse. He can play better and if I were a coach at VT I wouldn't be ready to give up on him yet.

Re: VT has bigger problems than Logan Thomas

Nov 2, 2012, 10:14 AM [ in reply to VT has bigger problems than Logan Thomas ]

dude cant hit the broad side of a barn and he's above average? he missed MANY wide open receivers last night with horrible throws.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Re: VT has bigger problems than Logan Thomas

Nov 2, 2012, 10:25 AM

Same guy only had one incompletion and led his team on a last minute drive to win the game last season against Miami.

The Heisman hype and stuff like that is ridiculous, but he can be a solid QB for VT.

Re:I agree on decisionmaking

Nov 2, 2012, 10:39 AM [ in reply to VT has bigger problems than Logan Thomas ]

he should decide to go back to tightend

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He ought to do it right now.

Nov 2, 2012, 9:59 AM

There's no reason for Logan Thomas to continue at quarterback. They have nothing left to play for (aside from some bottom feeder bowl, which they may or may not make it to anyway) so it's time to get the backup some reps so they can have some hope next year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^This***

Nov 2, 2012, 11:20 AM

Nov 2, 2012, 10:25 AM

But he's so tall.

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic