Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
A "Roll Tide" drive-by
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 3,472

A "Roll Tide" drive-by

Mar 9, 2019, 9:41 AM

At the local Home Depot today, wearing my grey Russel Athletics hat w/ orange paw(work hat). As I came to the end of an aisle I hear a muted, "Roll Tide" coming from a guy rolling by with a shopping cart.

I ask, "Where they rolling to?"
Guy just smiles. Then says, "Y'all just got 2 championships right?"
Me, "3 if you go back to '81"
He don't remember that one, "I'll take your word for it."
Then in 'Bammer fashion, "You know when Nick..."
I cut him off, "Dabo ain't going nowhere. I don't think he can build the culture there he's built in Clemson."
So he moves on to, "You know he's from Alabama. He'll be going back home, everybody wants to go back home."
Me, "I think he's found a new home."
Then, "Money talks!"
"I don't think money talks to him the way it talks to other people."

He finally, succumbs to reality, hangs his head and starts walk on.

Feeling sorry for him I say, "As long you ain't wearing Cry-Baby Blue I don't care who you pull for."(I live in NC, was raised by a 'Pack fan and jumped on the Tiger bandwagon in '80)

He smiles, rolls eyes and finally walks on.

Later in the parking lot he rolls by in his car as I'm coming out to my truck, rolls the window down and says, "Y'all sure wore us out!"
Still consoling him,"Y'all ain't going no where. Neither one of'em are going anywhere, anytime soon! See ya next year."

Dabo's right, "The fun is in the winning!"

ST

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: A "Roll Tide" drive-by

Mar 9, 2019, 9:53 AM

Your encounter with the Roll Tide fan, it sounds so similar to the one I had with a Roll Tide in Sam's a few weeks ago, and they all think they can get Dabo just for the asking!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TU for the way you handle

Mar 9, 2019, 9:55 AM

him....lol
So true, the way winners talk about winning is a lot more respectful then dealing with a coot that has no idea about being respectful, because winning with grace takes one thing the coots can't do, and thats Win!! Lol
Go Tigers

Then what happened?

Mar 9, 2019, 10:00 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Meat up bored is that way ———->***

Mar 9, 2019, 2:17 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

I have found out that Auburn and Tenn Fans LOVE us:>)

Mar 9, 2019, 11:20 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

For the record, I'm from Alabama...

Mar 9, 2019, 11:28 AM

And I'm not going back! So much for the 'going home' myth! ;)

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pretty well played, but...

Mar 9, 2019, 11:48 AM

you missed an opportunity to hit the Bamacoot with the most notable, salient truth - the fact that Clemson not only beat the supposedly invincible king, the best of the SEC best, in two out of three national championships... but we beat the ever-living DOGSHYATT out of them. We made them our female canine. We made them surrender. We had the mighty Nick Saban stammering at half-time about "copy cat plays that we hadn't practiced for" (what kind of BS is that, anyway? If others used it successfully, why WOULDN'T you expect your more capable opponents to do it to you???). His last statement before running off to the lockerroom was "we'll get it fixed at halftime". How'd that work out, Bamacoots? How do you Bamacoots rate Nick's halftime adjustments? Second half score: Clemson 14, Bama NADA. And it was our mercy that kept it from being 21-0 in the second half and a FIVE TOUCHDOWN beatdown of the almighty crimson tide. Seems to me that crimson tide needed some tampons.

You showed remarkable grace in reacting to someone who had absolutely no room to be talking right now. His parking lot admission was remarkable. I commend you for your restraint, but again, given the fact that HE started the smack talking, I would have calmly hit him with the facts listed above. He was asking for it, and he couldn't possibly deny it. The parking lot conversion is proof of that.

Message was edited by: Flying Tiger®

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just reading these posts has left me...

Mar 9, 2019, 1:48 PM

Mentally Confused & Worn Slap Out!

LoL...Go TiGERS!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Just reading these posts has left me...

Mar 9, 2019, 2:14 PM

That's what a good talked game will do to you Bill, especially if they go 4 quarters;)

Re: Just reading these posts has left me...

Mar 10, 2019, 8:52 PM [ in reply to Just reading these posts has left me... ]

Bill ---- I had assumed from reading your earlier posts your being "mentally confused" was not a recently acquired condition.

(The devil made me do it. It seems he is always by my side "nugging" me on to be free with my compliments)

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I highly doubt Dabo is going anywhere.. but IF he does..

Mar 9, 2019, 1:53 PM

it will be down the road aways. Not going to follow Saban. not smart.. he could be the guy AFTER Sabans replacement. 7-10 years and at least one other natty down the road. :)

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I love this place, I've got a spot already picked out where I want 'em to put me when I die - up there on that ole hill near the stadium. I want to be there so I can hear all them people cheering my Tigers on Saturdays; then I won't have to go Heaven; I'll already be there."- Frank Howard

One natty in 7-10 years? "Three of four...That's the score!"***

Mar 10, 2019, 8:31 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He was a chicken fan. They love doing that***

Mar 9, 2019, 2:25 PM

Re: He was a chicken fan. They love doing that***

Mar 10, 2019, 8:04 PM

Nah, had a 'Bama hat in his car...

not that that means anything! :)

Replies: 14
| visibility 3,472
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic