Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The stories about 71% of youth - Tin Foil Hat Time
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 593

The stories about 71% of youth - Tin Foil Hat Time

May 21, 2019, 1:10 PM

not being able to join the service due to a myriad of issues is a really old story....5 years in fact. See the time article below from 2014. However it has been ALL OVER the news here lately. I see it on every channel I pass when bored on the hotel treadmill or listening to podcasts.

So is the media bringing this up and is the government pushing this right now because they want a story and ramp up for war with Iran and then all the fallout side conflicts that will occur? Any press is bad press, so are they pulling something on us here?

I am not sure I believe what I am typing, but seems plausible.

http://time.com/2938158/youth-fail-to-qualify-military-service/

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Picture in OP looks like a downs kid

May 21, 2019, 1:11 PM

great shooters, ###### runners

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

End subsidies for growing carbohydrates.

May 21, 2019, 1:24 PM

And change the food pyramid. Halve the carb recommendations, and double the fat.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: End subsidies for growing carbohydrates.

May 21, 2019, 1:36 PM

Totally agree, but I guarantee the opiod epidemic is causing a lot of these issues.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The stories about 71% of youth - Tin Foil Hat Time

May 21, 2019, 1:34 PM

My 15 and 18 year old sons would qualify, but I would take them to Canada if I ever thought there would be a draft to go fight for any conflict started by the current CIC...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lutz...

May 21, 2019, 2:51 PM

As if going to Canada is easy. Their citizenship is pretty hard to get.

Although I have not looked at their draft dodger status.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

OMG a bone spur epidemic....

May 21, 2019, 2:55 PM

But that too is old news .

Seriously to your point, not sure the lines have been drawn between the pro and anti Iran war sides. Would a conflict help or hurt the present administration? Conventional wisdom says help but that may no be true.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Their fat dumb butts would do if we had an all out war...

May 21, 2019, 3:04 PM

during good economic times. Back in the day they'd draft your butt if you could sign your name.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The stories about 71% of youth - Tin Foil Hat Time

May 21, 2019, 4:01 PM

I think you may be on to something there Tigermanac. They don't put these stories out there for nothing.

Iran appears to be becoming a thing these days, and lets not forget about Venezuela. The Military Industrial Complex has an enormous amount of power in our politics.

There is a lot of money to be made in war.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 593
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic