Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The truth is we had bama beat before the game started
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

The truth is we had bama beat before the game started

Jan 9, 2019, 10:04 PM

We were in Saban's head before the clock even started. To go for it on 4th down 6 times in a game? An insane fake FG? Saban KNEW bama couldn't keep up with us just by watching the film and he came out in full desperation mode from the opening kickoff. He was right.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree & makes sense since some analysts are saying Clemson had better athletes & backups.

Jan 9, 2019, 10:06 PM

??

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The truth is we had bama beat before the game started

Jan 9, 2019, 10:35 PM

Totally agree. Their in-game decisions seemed desperate from very early on. Bad optics. And they didn’t translate the success of converting those 4th downs into points. Them not even trying to score at the end of the first half was telling. Gave our guys confidence as well.

Re: The truth is we had bama beat before the game started

Jan 9, 2019, 11:05 PM

they were gonna try but when a tipped ball dropped a few yards short of a tiger...he called it to take into half and lick wounds

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Still annoyed that in 2015 he knew he couldn't beat us...

Jan 9, 2019, 10:51 PM

...unless he pulled the trick play. Dammmmmn, freaking special teams letdown...we had that 2015 sewn up.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Me Too @clembert! But, for different reason.

Jan 9, 2019, 10:55 PM

I will go to my grave believing we were better than them in 2015 and that they were just fortunate. The st play yeah, i'll give you that. We had a time stopping OJ Howard too! But, had Mike Williams not been injured on the very 1st game of the year; it's lights out for Bamer! They had no DB that could cover him. He proved it a year later; but he would have been paired with some other veterans that would have forced them to play him 1 on 1. Forget about it with DW throwing it to him. Leggett underneath as well, pah lease!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree I think we were the better team in 2015

Jan 10, 2019, 7:56 AM

and the scary part is if we win that one then we have 3 in 4 years and Deshaun probably wins the Heisman in 2016.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Me Too @clembert! But, for different reason.

Jan 10, 2019, 8:07 AM [ in reply to Me Too @clembert! But, for different reason. ]

Mike Williams: I see that we have added some padding to the GP in DV... I just can't understand why there has not been a new design to have the support beam(s)away from the back of the end zone...It would not be that difficult... And might get featured on Modern Marvels(sarcasm)...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Every coach on our team is responsible for that.

Jan 9, 2019, 11:02 PM [ in reply to Still annoyed that in 2015 he knew he couldn't beat us... ]

We showed a vunerability and Saban found it then exploited it. Imo, it's part of the game and was part of Dabo's growth process.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Some time late in the 1st qtr Saban revisited...

Jan 9, 2019, 11:00 PM

the truth he learned when DW was a Jr. To beat Clemson when we have a good quarterback he would have to match scores because we don't tire and we can score at will late in the game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Some time late in the 1st qtr Saban revisited...

Jan 9, 2019, 11:08 PM

It’s funny how old tricky Nicky has transformed his offense to try to emulate Clemson! Too bad slinging it around on CBV bit him in the a55

Yeah, I don't get why they didn't just keep running it.

Jan 9, 2019, 11:11 PM

Seemed like they were tearing us a new one.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He knew. I knew. Dabo knew.

Jan 10, 2019, 7:44 AM

None of the talking heads knew.

Like I posted before the game. We owned the intangibles in that game. I predicted a win of 14+. And then we overachieved.

But Saban knew all things being equal, we would win. Honestly I think we could have tacked on another TD if we wanted to in the 4th. But Saban came out with his best game posture. By halftime it was gone. That 2nd quarter broke Nick Saban. Then that third quarter finished him. Just the body language. The play calling. He fell right with the players on the field. Never thought I'd see the body language of defeat from Nick Saban. Especially before the last 5 minutes of the game.

A coach who never loses can smell defeat long before anyone else. They just usually don't show it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You could see it in his face before the game even started.***

Jan 10, 2019, 7:52 AM

Yeah, going for it on 4th down so early on their own 35

Jan 10, 2019, 8:24 AM

I thought, these guys are scared... I think 3 or 4 plays later was the long int to Mullen. I was like I see why, we are better them and he knows it.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic