Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
More hate crimes
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 90
| visibility 1

More hate crimes

Feb 24, 2019, 7:20 AM

https://www.boston25news.com/news/woman-arrested-for-assaulting-man-wearing-maga-hat-on-cape-cod/923965262

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: More hate crimes

Feb 24, 2019, 7:51 AM

Snowflake!!!

Since double standards are typical with Liberals, this is what they will scream.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 24, 2019, 3:09 PM

Snowflake!!!

Since double standards are typical with Liberals, this is what they will scream.

There is no double standard, 60% of American's think that Trump supporters are dubazzes.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 24, 2019, 3:45 PM

You can’t have a conversation in a thread without slinging insults at people and personal attacks. Grow up. It’s hard to do on here, but I eventually was able to. Still some hiccups but it can happen.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Do you have any self awareness at all? I’m genuinely

Feb 25, 2019, 7:15 AM

curious

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 25, 2019, 12:15 PM [ in reply to Re: More hate crimes ]

tigermanac®

Pot, meet kettle.

Feb 24, 2019, 8:15 AM

She deserved to go to jail. It's a free world and he should be free to wear what he wants. That said, anyone wearing that hat has to be an absolute d-bag looking to start trouble. It's just starting trouble. Just leave politics out of daily life and social settings. Anyway, they both got what they deserved.

The d-bag is the person that reacts the way she did.

Feb 24, 2019, 8:35 AM

Stop it, CB. You lefties have such double standards. The roles, when reversed, you demand tolerance.

ANYONE should wear in MAGA gear and those oppose have two things they can do about it:

1) Nothing
2) Learn to deal with it.

-PhD

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

Re: The d-bag is the person that reacts the way she did.

Feb 24, 2019, 8:45 AM

I agree. She is the biggest d-bag no doubt. Any rational person would leave the dude alone. He did go out looking for trouble though and he came across a nut.

Feb 24, 2019, 9:19 AM [ in reply to The d-bag is the person that reacts the way she did. ]

Just like we have to deal with Trans and whatever people walking around and making out in public and everything else.

They can deal with a hat.

Feb 24, 2019, 9:25 AM

I agree that any rational person wouldn't care about the hat. That said, it's looking for trouble. Case in point of the story.

Sort of like a woman who wears a short skirt.

Jan 4, 2017, 8:17 PM

She's asking for it.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Feb 25, 2019, 12:16 PM [ in reply to Re: The d-bag is the person that reacts the way she did. ]

Since when the hell does a trans person kissing someone in public have any harmful impact on your life or infringe upon your rights in any way?

Feb 26, 2019, 6:19 AM

When does wearing a maga hat? You totally missed the point

Feb 27, 2019, 2:56 PM

And I am willing to bet the unspoken thought after your statement was "...but I sure do wish there was something preventing me from having to see them do that!"

Feb 24, 2019, 3:24 PM [ in reply to The d-bag is the person that reacts the way she did. ]

Stop it, CB. You lefties have such double standards. The roles, when reversed, you demand tolerance.

ANYONE should wear in MAGA gear and those oppose have two things they can do about it:

1) Nothing
2) Learn to deal with it.

-PhD

Your hypocrisy is breath taking. So much so that you're either dishonest or deranged, likely both.

Where would your outrage be if ANY of Obama's circle were convicted of felonies?

37 criminal indictments of Trump staff, campaign, transition or business associates.

Trump's campaign chairman sharing very expensive, highly confidential RNC internal polling research with the Russians.

You and your ilk would be apoplectic if there had been even 2 under Obama.

You are a dishonest man Doc Butter.

I love your sweet tears

Feb 25, 2019, 6:54 AM

And that I've got inside your head...

-PhD

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

Uh, that is all libs do it make politics public

Feb 24, 2019, 8:40 AM [ in reply to Re: More hate crimes ]

U gonna watch the Oscars? How bout every late night show. Or now even football and basketball.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Uh, that is all libs do it make politics public

Feb 24, 2019, 8:49 AM

So you're saying you want everything about politics or do do not? The way I view it is that people should just leave politics out of restaurants and bars. These two idiots found each other and made other people's night uncomfortable. We are in a polarizing time. Common sense should prevail.

How bout sports and tv and school?

Feb 24, 2019, 8:56 AM

Or are you just targeting trump supporters? I'm hat about the Obama gear all over the place when he was Pres? I doubt you saw anything wrong with that. Or is it cause you are a lib and are triggered by anything trump? But we're ok.with anything Obama cause of course he did as ok

Re: How bout sports and tv and school?

Feb 24, 2019, 9:04 AM

I never saw Obama gear everywhere, other than when he was running. I can tell you right now, if I pulled up to a friend's house to go out to dinner or have drinks, and they came out with Obama gear on, they would be going back into change or I wouldn't be leaving with them. I am not going out on the town making political statements, especially at a bar.

Feb 24, 2019, 8:41 AM [ in reply to Re: More hate crimes ]

Carlsbad® said:

She deserved to go to jail. It's a free world and he should be free to wear what he wants. That said, anyone wearing that hat has to be an absolute d-bag looking to start trouble. It's just starting trouble. Just leave politics out of daily life and social settings. Anyway, they both got what they deserved.

So in your little pea sized mind I guess wearing Clemson hats to FSU is considered a d-bag move deserving an assault? Good grief you are a tool Carlsbad, one that is unable to sperate your little feelings from reality. DId you find those wearing Hope and Change shirts and hats to be feminine hygiene products out looking to start trouble too? It's a hat you liberal richard with ears, libs would do well to understand that Freedom of Speech does not mean only that which they agree with.

I'm sure he wouldn't say that 8yrs ago about

Feb 24, 2019, 8:45 AM

People wearing the Obama symbol gear. They all must be douchebags cause they were wearing it. How bout pro choice stuff? Douchebags? Or wearing rainbow gear? Or their little ribbons for whatever politics stmt?

Re: I'm sure he wouldn't say that 8yrs ago about

Feb 24, 2019, 8:52 AM

Yup, he is a deluded richard with ears is about the best I can say about him. Sadly he is part and parcel of what is wrong today. He is with the I will defend your right to free speech ONLY as long as I agree with you crowd. More true, she is a reckless member of the left looking to start trouble and was lucky the supposed d-bag knock her out. The supposed d-bag showed great restraint in not doing that and also proves he was not out looking for trouble.

Feb 24, 2019, 8:58 AM

He should have knocked out a woman? Aren't you a gem. Pipe down moron. Nobody takes you seriously. You are what is wrong the world. People like you are void of common sense.

Feb 24, 2019, 9:28 AM

I am saying that if one is assaulted one DOES have the right of self defense simpleton. You claimed he was out looking for trouble right? Right? So along that vein of poorly formed thought he would have escalated the event to a physical confrontation if he was just a d-bag out looking for trouble(your words simpleton) . Now do try to follow here as it is crucial to your post, HE did not knock her out when presented with a legally allowable defense so in fact he was not out looking for trouble.Good grief you are dense.

Feb 24, 2019, 9:32 AM

She was lucky some dude didn't knock her out? You would need self defense in that situation? What a wuss you are. That is funny that you admitted it. Hey man, at least you know your limitations. Most men would just roll with it.

Feb 24, 2019, 11:05 AM

No, once again you are dense. I said it would be allowable self defense you dimwit. As to a wuss, I have found those that call other that over a computer would pee down their leg in real life. Ponder that.

Feb 24, 2019, 8:55 AM [ in reply to I'm sure he wouldn't say that 8yrs ago about ]

There is a balance. You're irrational.

What balance? Obama gear ok, trump gear not?

Feb 24, 2019, 8:57 AM

That sounds irrational to me

Re: What balance? Obama gear ok, trump gear not?

Feb 24, 2019, 9:00 AM

I never see people wearing Obama gear. I know one thing. I wouldn't wear it. If I did wear it, I wouldn't be surprised if someone talked trash to me. Would you be surprised?

Now would be odd but back then it wasnt

Feb 24, 2019, 9:04 AM

And yes I would be very shocked if that happened. I'm sure the ratio is/was 1000000 to 1 in terms of hate acts.

Re: Now would be odd but back then it wasnt

Feb 24, 2019, 9:05 AM

You wouldn't be surprised at all.

Feb 24, 2019, 9:18 AM [ in reply to Re: What balance? Obama gear ok, trump gear not? ]

Oh that BHO stuff was everywhere in that time frame. Were you blind? Selective amnesia maybe? How about those rainbow items, little pink hats, Pro Choice stuff ?

Freedom of Speech is one of the most valuable things put in the Bill of Rights, while you may not agree with what is said does not change the fact it is a protected Right. Maybe if more people actually understood that and followed it we would all be better off today. I can talk with libs, have a reasonable discussion as long as they remember they do not get to choose what I think to be true and factual.

As a fiscal conservative I could care less if you wore BHO gear, rainbow gear, little fuzzy pink hats, Pro Choice stuff or anti 2nd stuff. I would not expect nor consider it fine for anyone to accost you and berate you over you choice of apparel.

Feb 24, 2019, 9:22 AM

Those pink hats were worn at rallies. As far as freedom of speech, I am all for it. Who isn't? That said, don't be surprised when someone uses their freedom of speech to talk trash to you when you bring politics into a bar. That's freedom of speech too.

Feb 24, 2019, 9:35 AM

What I said is that is not your right to touch, physically harm over an item of apparel. You have the right to say whatever you want but that is as far as it goes.Once you go beyond that to initiating a physical event you live with those actions. Libs are unhinged when presented with an item that they disagree with though.

Feb 24, 2019, 9:40 AM

I assume she was drunk. She deserved to go to jail. I don't think you will find many people who wouldn't agree with that fact. It's not liberal and it's not conservative. It's the country right now generally. Here is a good example of a Trump supporter gone wild. People need to leave politics out of restaurants and bar.

https://nypost.com/2019/02/20/racist-diner-tells-mexican-restaurant-manager-get-the-f-k-out-of-my-country/

Feb 26, 2019, 7:59 AM [ in reply to Re: What balance? Obama gear ok, trump gear not? ]

Yeah they can talk trash if they want to... that's just as guaranteed a right

But freedom of speech isn't freedom to assault.

Maybe, but even if they did, it would not make you a

Feb 24, 2019, 3:50 PM [ in reply to Re: What balance? Obama gear ok, trump gear not? ]

d-bag idiot for wearing it.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Feb 24, 2019, 9:01 AM [ in reply to Re: I'm sure he wouldn't say that 8yrs ago about ]

Carlsbad® said:

There is a balance. You're irrational.

See, there you go again ! Balalnce determined by whom? Once again you prove that you believe in free speech as long as you agree with it. DO stop, you are not bright enough to dig yourself out of the hole YOU put yourself in CB. All the things the he brought up are valid as it pertains to your post.

Feb 24, 2019, 9:07 AM

Don't you have someone to punch in the face somewhere, Einstein?

Feb 24, 2019, 9:20 AM

Awww poor little Carlsbad has now resorted to stupidity. Well that took less time than even I figured it would for you to go full bonehead. Try arguing the topic richard. If that is the best you got I would say that maybe you are clueless.

Feb 24, 2019, 9:23 AM

What topic are you arguing again?

Feb 24, 2019, 9:32 AM

Your post that he was a d-bag out looking for trouble simpleton. Toss in Freedom of Speech , you may not like what is said, you do not have to agree with it but it is not your right to ban it either.

Feb 24, 2019, 9:33 AM

I agree. I think he should wear what he wants. He is looking for trouble though. That's the point. He found it.

Feb 24, 2019, 9:37 AM

Once again if he was looking for trouble he would have escalated it to a physical confrontation. He did not so your premise is wrong at it's base . It was another unhinged lib that could not control themselves when presented with an item they disagree with .

Feb 24, 2019, 9:42 AM

Yeah he was looking for trouble. Maybe he didn't know it though. He might not be the sharpest guy.

Feb 24, 2019, 9:58 AM

See, right there is why you are still wrong. By your logic anyone wearing Clemson gear to uSuk or FSu is out looking for trouble. That is wrong plainly as it was in this event.

Feb 24, 2019, 9:59 AM

Apples and oranges.

Feb 24, 2019, 10:24 AM

At the core it is identical. One can assume that wearing Clemson gear to uSuk or FSU would be looking for trouble from the opposing side by your line of thinking so they should refrain from it. Just saying you only think stuff part way and fail to get to the core most times.It is a hat , nothing more or less and how it makes you feel is entirely on YOU. DO you get it now?

Feb 24, 2019, 11:00 AM

I get what you're trying to say. It's just apples and oranges though.

Feb 24, 2019, 11:07 AM

No but you are in trying to defend the core part of your post. Do try again, you are not really very bright are you?

Feb 24, 2019, 11:09 AM

lol

Feb 25, 2019, 12:25 PM [ in reply to Re: More hate crimes ]

Wearing Clemson gear to a Clemson game is akin to wearing a Maga hat to a Trump rally.

Also, unless you are in Tuscaloosa or Columbia, wearing Clemson gear out and about is not considered divisive.

If you wear that hat, you're gunna get reactions from people who pride themselves on being emotionally unhinged.

The thing is, wearing that hat should not start trouble.

Feb 24, 2019, 11:31 AM [ in reply to Re: More hate crimes ]

Bottom line, it's okay to disagree with someone's political opinion; it's not okay to assault them or even harrass them because of it. That's exactly what the D-bag, the woman, in this instance did. Nobody in America should be afraid, or certainly subject to physical assault, if they express their political opinion. Bumper stickers, political buttons, tee shirts, etc., are American traditions, based on the principal of freedom of expression and political freedom. It's not the people who embrace that freedom, that God-given right, that are at fault here; it's the entitled ####### idiots who somehow have come to feel justified and emboldened enough to suppress it. Those are the d-bags.

- H. L. Mencken

Re: The thing is, wearing that hat should not start trouble.

Feb 24, 2019, 11:48 AM

I think just about everyone agrees with what you wrote. My opinion is that 2 D-bags ran into each other. It was the perfect storm. That said, the guy should have been left alone. It's not surprising it happened though. You go bars getting into politics and things may happen. He was a D-bag. He was minding his own business though. She deserved to go to jail.

If you are saying he should have been aware that wearing

Feb 24, 2019, 12:29 PM

a MAGA hat was provocative and could lead to being assaulted in today's effed-up, azz-backwards, snowflake triggered PC world, then you may have a point. If you are saying that he knew that and is therefore wrong for wearing it anyway, then I could not disagree more. Being a Muslim is certainly viewed as provocative or controversial in some places; would a Muslim woman wearing a hijab in public be considered a d-bag? Shouldn't she know better?

- H. L. Mencken

Re: If you are saying he should have been aware that wearing

Feb 24, 2019, 2:22 PM

No, I am not saying anyone should be assaulted for wearing that hat. Of course he should be free to be the idiot he is. I think I made it clear that she should have been charged. I am saying only D-Bags wear that to a bar. Only D-bag wear that hat generally imo. That said, we are talking to a bar. No wonder that guy is a Trump supporter. He is dumber than dirt. Wearing political things to bars can not get ant dumber. It was provocative. You might be dumber than dirt than you don't realize that. If you don't get that you are admitting you're an imbecile. I have read your posts for a long time and you are smart and you understand nuances. Cut the c-rap. We all know the world we are living in. We have the most divisive POTUS in modern history. Is a great POTUS? Who cares? That's not even the debate. It's just a fact that some total D-Bag is going into bars making political statements. He is an idiot. He is looking for trouble. That would be like me wearing into a bar that sad F..... Trump. It's just dumb.

So, if you know wearing a MAGA had will pi$$ some folks off

Feb 24, 2019, 3:40 PM

even though it's not disrespectful or insulting, then you are a d-bag idiot for wearing it? If we apply that standard across the board, we have sunk pretty low. There is a lot of hatred for Muslims in different parts of the country. Again, is a muslim woman an idiot d-bag for wearing a hijab and "provoking" the bigots? How about black men who date white women in the deep south? Are they idiot d-bags? How about a kid who wears a Che Guevara shirt? A grandma with a Hillary bumper sticker on her car? Women who wear short skirts? All of these people are behaving in ways that are going to provoke or get a predictable reaction from certain significant segments of our citizenry. Are they all d-bag idiots? I get it, you hate Trump; but your sweeping generalization of Trump voters as "dumb as dirt", I would have thought, is beneath you. You usually have a very good, reasonable take; this ain't one of them.

- H. L. Mencken

Re: So, if you know wearing a MAGA had will pi$$ some folks off

Feb 24, 2019, 4:10 PM

No way you have a degree from Clemson. That was too stupid to even think that is possible. I thought you might be smart. You're basically an idiot. You're lack of perspective is just so idiotic it is mind boggling. You do not understand the world around you. I think that might have been the most ignorant post in Tnet history. Che? He died in 1967. Dude you're dumber then dog poop. We are talking now. There is a word called "relative" and I think you should look that word up for a bit. I don't hate Trump. I don't hate Trump at all. I think he is divisive, but I don't hate him. I think anyone with a brain knows he is divisive. That's where you are lost you imbecile. I just know only idiots wear those hats to bars. It's idiotic. Not for you of course though. It flies right over your head.

Good lord man, simmer down.

Feb 24, 2019, 7:05 PM

I honestly thought we could have a civil discussion, and I'm disappointed that you resorted to name calling and personal insults. Like you said though, I guess that's the world we live in.

- H. L. Mencken

Re: Good lord man, simmer down.

Feb 24, 2019, 8:39 PM

You're the one who dumbed it down. I was being civil. Your comments were one of ######, so it surprised me. Sorry I had to be blunt. I didn't realize there were humans that stupid that have a degree from Clemson. You're just dumb. Nice dumb, but just dumb.

It seems to me that you are the one that has failed to

Feb 24, 2019, 9:11 PM

understand. Were you not arguing that a person who wears a MAGA hat to a bar was a d-bag, and the reason he was a d-bag for doing that was because he had to know it could be provocative in that situation?

- H. L. Mencken

people need to think b4 they act.

Feb 24, 2019, 9:48 AM

had she instructed him to pull out his tiny doink instead, everyone would have gotten a good laugh it would have diffused the situation.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I see there is more outrage from Trumpies in this thread...

Feb 24, 2019, 9:51 AM

Than there was with the one about the guy who had a hit list of journalists and Democrat politicians.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Re: I see there is more outrage from Trumpies in this thread...

Feb 24, 2019, 9:56 AM

Not really, the guy is a nut bag and will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the Law as permissible. Well he should be too. That is not in question by anyone here unless I missed that thread. If you feel it is left out please start one to help you feel better.

Feb 24, 2019, 10:11 AM

maybe if liberals on this forum were this petty, they would drone on endlessly for a week about it.

Feb 24, 2019, 10:15 AM

Seems in your search for moral equivalency you forget the lib responses to the shooting, yes actually shooting of the Republicans at the softball game in comparing the CG guy. Funny, across the interwebs is was somehow justified because of those terrible,evil racist old white devils.

lol

Feb 24, 2019, 10:18 AM

you literally just brought in what you consider a moral equivalency dad.

Re: lol

Feb 24, 2019, 10:21 AM

Yup, just to point out to Catahoula that it goes both ways. It was a reminder in fact for those that have memory issues.

Re: lol

Feb 24, 2019, 11:07 AM [ in reply to lol ]

Oh, one event the guy actually did shoot people so in the real world that would be far worse than planning it. Even to someone as brain dead as you Balm I assume you know that is a far worse crime.

I suspect you’re glad to see the outrage though, right?

Feb 24, 2019, 10:33 AM [ in reply to I see there is more outrage from Trumpies in this thread... ]

Because physically assaulting someone to try and shut down their ideological beliefs is fascism.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I suspect you’re glad to see the outrage though, right?

Feb 24, 2019, 12:13 PM

Crickets. And we are now in a world where when you are looking for trouble by wearing a MAGA hat. Are people who wear a t-shirt with a Black Fist in the air looking for trouble? How about people who put shirts on their kids that say “little feminist”, they looking for trouble? How about all the Che t-shirts and hats? They looking for trouble?

Liberals cannot answer these questions. They will continue to deflect.

Feb 24, 2019, 5:23 PM

A person who wears a MAGA hat is just as stupid as one who wears a Che shirt.

But at the end of the day, it's important to realize anyone who wears a MAGA hat is an idiot. I mean that from the bottom of my heart to anyone on this board who does it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

Feb 24, 2019, 3:27 PM [ in reply to I suspect you’re glad to see the outrage though, right? ]

Obed® said:

Because physically assaulting someone to try and shut down their ideological beliefs is fascism.

Really? Oh Jesus Christ...the poor MAGA man got attacked by a girl half his size.

I'm just totally outraged.....NOT.

Feb 24, 2019, 5:22 PM [ in reply to I suspect you’re glad to see the outrage though, right? ]

Sure, people shouldn't be happy, but there should be more outrage over the other incident. Xtiger intentionally avoided it.

It's only fascism if the government is pushing it/advocating it.

HUGE difference. I think everybody knows that guy is a

Feb 24, 2019, 12:54 PM [ in reply to I see there is more outrage from Trumpies in this thread... ]

sicko lunatic. We all know he is wrong and will be punished to the fullest extent of the law. There is really nothing to discuss. More and more people, however, wrongly see Trump supporters as not only bad people, but legitimate targets for harrassment and physical assault. Plenty of people are defending her or making him out to be the bad guy; just read responses to some of the online articles.

- H. L. Mencken

On this board, there's more to discuss

Feb 24, 2019, 5:24 PM

Because Trumpophiles have sworn up and down that violence comes ONLY from the opposition side.

Link?***

Feb 24, 2019, 7:38 PM

null

Would you settle for just names?***

Feb 24, 2019, 9:49 PM

For the record, nobody in America should feel they

Feb 24, 2019, 7:42 PM [ in reply to On this board, there's more to discuss ]

have to keep their political views quiet out of fear for their personal safety ... ever. There are nutjobs on every side, and all who try to supress opinions or otherwise violate the rights of others are wrong.

- H. L. Mencken

This thread is a political “Duck Duck Goose” where everyone

Feb 24, 2019, 11:16 AM

ends up sitting in the same spot after running in circles.

I reckon there’s some entertainment value.

As someone on neither team, I do believe that

Feb 24, 2019, 11:56 AM

while there is obviously hypocrisy on both sides, the double standards on the democrat side are much more comprehensive than on the republican side.

And that's not because democrats are more hypocritical than republicans by nature, but simply as the practical result of the very effective but very destructive identity politics campaign that democrats have employed for decades.

There is a much more developed threat against free speech and honest debate from the left than the right these days. You do not see a balance of incidents of shutting down perspectives from the right and the left. Whether it is corporations or the majority of mainstream media outlets, some perspectives have been marginalized and deemed illegitimate without a fair debate.

Whether we are talking about metoo or Black Lives matter or automatically labeling Trump supporters as racist there is a very widespread tendency to simply assume one side is good and the other is bad.

While we can find examples of this on both sides, it is very clear to me that the left has had far more success with it.

Both sides denounce the KKK, but one side still gets associated with it. Republicans are actually considered inherently racist. Now Republicans can't even get a pass for wanting to treat people equally based on race because Democrats have moved the goalposts and redefined racism as not "admitting" that racism is always a problem and always relevant. It's now been morphed into a problem that is impossible to solve, which is wonderfully powerful as a political weapon for democrats.

And Republicans can scream about this all day long but democrats will never listen because they know that republicans are hypocrites on other things.

These two parties dominating is a recipe for nothing ever being fixed. Either commit to destroying the two party system or accept that the US will continue to ruin itself for the interest of political parties.

Well said***

Feb 24, 2019, 1:09 PM

In all fairness to all the P&R blight being spewed

Feb 24, 2019, 5:54 PM

Looks to me like she just knocked the hat off his head. Then another time she pulled the hand down over his eyes. Pretty big stretch to call that an "assault". But anyway, guy did nothing wrong. She did. Still don't think it was assault.

But if you take an overall poll of hatred today, those who show hate tend to be the left FAR more than the right.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: In all fairness to all the P&R blight being spewed

Feb 24, 2019, 6:02 PM

Really? Tough to say as far as the balance, but not all Trump supporters are neo-nazis, but all neo-nazis and white supremacists are Trump supporters. It's not like the most hateful people in the US aren't Trump supporters. Let's get real.

Funny thing. I don't know a neo-nazi. Never met one.

Feb 24, 2019, 7:04 PM

Never met a klansman. Never really even heard anyone talk about hating black people. 40 years ago I recall some people (old at the time) who did not think they were equal, still, they didn't hate them. The only racism I ever knew was not hate at all. Any more than you hate your dog, or your car, or your house, or whatever.

I know a lot of Trump supporters. I know a lot of Obama and Hillary supporters. I also have known several in the later camp who have personally insulted me. I know of no Trump supporter, or conservative, who has ever personally insulted any liberal to their face.

One key giveaway is you have to have anger to hate. Who is angry today? Yoda is pretty apolitical I'd say. I'll let him talk.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Funny thing. I don't know a neo-nazi. Never met one.

Feb 24, 2019, 8:27 PM

You don't need to know one dipshyatt. They love Trump, Good effort though. The worst people on this planet love Trump. That's not even deniable. I mean what is worse than neo-nazis and white supremacists? Those are who you personally align with. That's heavy, bud.

Then I guess you align with Stalin

Feb 24, 2019, 9:29 PM

I mean there are no communists who vote Republican. If the ideology of the world's worst mass murder is on your side.... And he was worse then Hitler if you want to talk about murdering people. Much worse. That's who you personally align with. That's heavy bud.

Re: Funny thing. I don't know a neo-nazi. Never met one.

Feb 24, 2019, 9:55 PM [ in reply to Funny thing. I don't know a neo-nazi. Never met one. ]

I know of no Trump supporter, or conservative, who has ever personally insulted any liberal to their face.

Dude, do you not read the posts that come out of Trump supporters on this board? All the insults they hurl?

Or are you saying it doesn't count if it's not to their face?

I invite you to spend time reading the posts of xtiger, bengaline, tigermanac, Dr. Tesla, Memphis, and cashmoney. And those are just the ones I can remember off the top of my head.

All they do is spew that stuff. You either haven't read it or willfully choose to ignore it.

And if you would like video clips of Trumpies spewing hatred at those on the other side, I'll gladly post them. But only if you want em.

Never really even heard anyone talk about hating black people. 40 years ago I recall some people (old at the time) who did not think they were equal, still, they didn't hate them. The only racism I ever knew was not hate at all. Any more than you hate your dog, or your car, or your house, or whatever.

That's hate. That's a very poor attempt to excuse their behavior.

Show me the poll results, please. Thanks.***

Feb 24, 2019, 6:27 PM [ in reply to In all fairness to all the P&R blight being spewed ]

Replies: 90
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic