Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Georgia and Clemson this year. Big year for both.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 2,199

Georgia and Clemson this year. Big year for both.

Jul 30, 2019, 6:26 PM

With the schedule, and talent, we have, we should be 13-0 going into the CFP. On the other hand, Georgia arguably is just as talented but they have a few games that are not “gimmies.” Tex A&M, FLA, at Auburn, Tenn, and ND. I know they play A&M and ND in Athens, but I do not know where they play Tenn. if they lose a game it will be either Auburn or FLA. However, they still have to play Alabama in the SEC Championship game.

Bottom line is, though their Number One recruiting clas will be sophomores, and they will improve after this year, they will also lose their proven QB the next year.

With the Big 10 and PAC 12 having been shut out from the CFP recently, I am convinced that one of their teams will make it, even if they do not deserve it. This will make it even harder for two SEC teams tomget in.

Bottom line is a CFP berth is ours to lose, its Georgia’s to earn.

What say ye?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

UGA Though Talent Ladened Truly Has An Issue in Coaching

Jul 30, 2019, 6:29 PM

and culture. They haven't figured out how to win when they must deliver. To some degree they are snake bitten and until Kirby or someone steps up they will be an solid "also ran" but unable to take down Bama and Clemson absent a misstep by the aforementioned.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They were very, very close to winning the title 2 years ago

Jul 31, 2019, 8:16 AM

And certainly better than we were that year.

Re: Georgia and Clemson this year. Big year for both.

Jul 30, 2019, 6:34 PM

I agree with morbid but i totally disagree with your heading lumping uga and Clemson together. Clemson and bama I can choke, but no one else.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The team with the most talent based on recruiting rankings

Jul 30, 2019, 7:00 PM

Doesn’t always win it all. Case in point Duke basketball, and look at all the talent LSU has had the last ten years. Clemson is doing one thing better than anyone in college football and that’s QB recruiting, the most important position on the field, UGA has no one after Frohm.

Jul 30, 2019, 7:00 PM

They don't want to talk about it too much, even Uncle Lou has stopped after his rant about losing Holloman. That was arguably their 'best' returning receiver. Fromm has no real experienced receivers to throw to now. That single fact is going to cause UGA to look very one-dimensional, and that won't get a team to the CFP. UGA crapped in their own sandbox IMO losing Holloman and Fields in addition to NFL guys Hardman and Ridley. They don't have the firepower to make it very far. Expect a couple of upsets, and they'll limp into the SECCG with 2-3 losses. I expect them to lose to ND and TAMU, and possibly lose to UF or Auburn. UGA had their shot last year and the year before that, but they will be an "also ran" this year.

hmmm......

Jul 30, 2019, 7:02 PM

HHHMMMMMMMM!!!!! i smell chicken

Re: hmmm......

Jul 30, 2019, 7:30 PM

Yuk, I hate that smell, nothing much smells worse than rotten chicken!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 30, 2019, 7:16 PM

Considering Georgia lost all their wide receivers & their best ones a freshman they are not equal to Clemson's WR's. Not by a long shot. Ga's QB not near the threat TL is. OL a draw. Can't agree chief

The only way JOEjuh makes the playoffs is win their conference. SEC is not getting two in. Ga will screw it up again somewhere like Tenn this time. They are so beatable

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Georgia's OL is almost certainly better than ours***

Jul 31, 2019, 8:18 AM

Let’s be honest the dawgs DL and QB are not nearly as strong

Jul 30, 2019, 7:31 PM

As ours an it makes their practices weak for their OL and secondary. The dawgs just don’t recruit from the inside out on defense and it makes them an unbalanced team. It’s the dawgs and kirby’s biggest weakness an it’s enough to give Alabama a big advantage.

We need to take it one game at a time and trust Dabo to hold his Alabama game plan in his pocket while he works on adding depth all year so no matter how long Saban holds the ball we can still wear them down because our depth will be twice as strong. We can play them like a fiddle just the way we did last year. Trevor will be better and that’s going to be to much for whoever we face in the National Championship.

I hope it’s Alabama so we can shut the SEC up for good! 3 of the last 4 NATTY’S......LOL

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

UGA will drop their home game vs ND and a league game.

Jul 30, 2019, 7:53 PM

Still could win the East depending on if its Fla or Auburn. Too much weird coaching there to go the distance yet.

Big 10 champ will be a two-loss team. Could be duking it out with the SEC for #4 even if the pressure gets too much for Bama this yer.

Oregon or Washington likely 1-loss Pac 12 champ so I see a spot there - going with Oregon.

Clemson is definitely in a great spot heading into this season with the proven production returning and depth of resources throughout. We lose our entire DL to prime NFL draft picks and we're still considered a top team? Just amazing.

Go Tigers.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 2,199
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic