Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The team seems pretty divided over the WH visit
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

The team seems pretty divided over the WH visit

Jan 15, 2019, 10:36 AM

This might be an unpopular opinion but I think it's pretty sad that several players are on twitter taking the whole WH visit personally. They should just suck it up...It's an honor to go to the white house. It's not about politics, it's about being recognized for your greatness. I do think it's kind of sad to be served fast food but Alabama was not fed food last year so they should at least be appreciative they got something. I'm not a republican...but c'mon. They may never get another chance to go to the white house again. Treat every victory like it may be you last because you never know when you're going to win again (although I believe we win another natty or 2 in the next few years).

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Anyone who didn't want to go should have stayed home.

Jan 15, 2019, 10:43 AM

I'm sure handcuffs and guards weren't involved.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes. If any of them are sooo butthurt that turmp is

Jan 15, 2019, 10:44 AM

president. stay home...which they did. but don't go blasting it all over twitter

Link to "blasting" ? Serious - I haven't seen it - guess I

Jan 15, 2019, 10:48 AM

missed it.

Saw AB #7 had tweeted something but then the page was removed / went missing.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Twitter is a bad place...

Jan 15, 2019, 10:49 AM [ in reply to Yes. If any of them are sooo butthurt that turmp is ]

I think if a player chooses not to go in some sort of political protest, fine. Just remain quiet and don’t make yourself and this University look ungrateful and unappreciative of an honor.

Re: Yes. If any of them are sooo butthurt that turmp is

Jan 15, 2019, 10:54 AM [ in reply to Yes. If any of them are sooo butthurt that turmp is ]

You have your opinion and they have theirs. Free speech in America. Trump can get on Twitter and so can they.

Re: Yes. If any of them are sooo butthurt that turmp is

Jan 15, 2019, 11:11 AM

Freedom of speech does not mean freedom of consequences.

They represent Clemson Football, and Clemson Football is apolitical and neutral.

I wouldn't say all that but they didn't have to go.

Jan 15, 2019, 11:03 AM [ in reply to Yes. If any of them are sooo butthurt that turmp is ]

I mean, whether or not you like the party in charge have a little respect for your teammates and coaching staff, maybe a bit of respect for Clemson and Clemson Fans too.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The team seems pretty divided over the WH visit

Jan 15, 2019, 10:47 AM

I agree. I am a liberal and I would still consider it an honor and would love that opportunity.

Agreed

Jan 15, 2019, 10:57 AM

I'm barely right, but I tend to vote Republican. But I absolutely would have loved the chance to visit Obama in the White House and shake his hand.

I might not have been able to say the same about Hillary. That would have been tough for me.

But either way, not a chance in hell I'm getting on Twitter and making fun of them the day after the visit.

Snowflake Basher........Out

Jan 15, 2019, 11:00 AM [ in reply to Re: The team seems pretty divided over the WH visit ]

I am a moderate and normally think going to the WH would be an honor to celebrate a championship, but I can also see where others would think otherwise considering the shutdown and other things going on that they may disagree about.

Jan 15, 2019, 11:13 AM

I am selfish. I would go partying with Kim Jong Un, Putin, Muschamp, etc. I don't care.

Is is sad that Trump had to shell out money for fast food

Jan 15, 2019, 11:06 AM

Ideally, the cooks would not have been furloughed.

Ideally, there would not have been a snow storm that showed up Monday morning and closed a lot of businesses down including food services.

Ideally, this event would not have been on short notice so that a effort could be made to cater the event.

Considering the circumstances I think it turned out pretty well.

They were invited to America's house to celebrate a 15-0 national championship. Why would anyone complain....just sad.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Is is sad that Trump had to shell out money for fast food

Jan 15, 2019, 11:19 AM

The history alone would just be special. It opened Nov 1, 1800. Think of everything that has happened there. Imagine FDR sitting there talking to Churchill when Winston was begging us for supplies to save the Brits at Dunkirk? FDR turned him down. That's just one of thousands of things. I would be blown away to walk around there. They can tell their grandkids about it.

He only spent about $50 for food *****

Jan 15, 2019, 11:21 AM [ in reply to Is is sad that Trump had to shell out money for fast food ]

Trumps words and deeds lean toward supporting white supremist . SO I dont blame the players.***

Jan 15, 2019, 11:52 AM

please provide links so we know what you are talking about***

Jan 15, 2019, 11:13 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

divided ? Some went.. some didn't

Jan 15, 2019, 11:16 AM

Some people like coke
Some like Pepsi
Some even like RC

That isn't division.

You are clearly prejudice. If a kid tweets he is looking forward to the WH.. he is cool.

When a kid posts he isn't...he isn't cool.

Posting your opinion is either cool or it isn't.

If you like coke..tweet the heck outta it..
If you like RC .. tweet the heck outta it.
Same for the Pepsi peeps

The only division here is on tnet.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: divided ? Some went.. some didn't

Jan 15, 2019, 11:21 AM

Yeah but liking RC over Coke? That can't just slide.

Jan 15, 2019, 11:19 AM

http://www.phillytrib.com/when-did-donald-trump-become-a-racist/article_fdd7d40a-b66b-52d4-a40f-c19ed451711e.html

Jan 15, 2019, 11:23 AM

Thank God that He didn’t make us all alike. Pro-Trump, Anti-Trump, this country affords each and every one of us to have a difference of opinion. Football players as well.

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic