Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The same fans complaining about
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

The same fans complaining about

Feb 20, 2019, 8:51 AM

our basketball team are the ones who are nowhere to be found in LittleJohn come tipoff. That would be like not showing up to class and complaining about your bad grades.

Get behind this team and help them finish strong down the stretch! Stop with the negative comments, let's worry about getting the next game

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't you worry about climbing the steep steps in Littlejohn

Feb 20, 2019, 8:59 AM

with a pulse like yours?

Re: Don't you worry about climbing the steep steps in Littlejohn

Feb 20, 2019, 9:02 AM

Some people don't like to hear the truth. Others don't try to please everyone all the time.

Just because I do not live within easy driving distance of

Feb 20, 2019, 9:32 AM

Clemson does not make me any less a fan of my alma mater. You can stuff that BS where the sun don't shine.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Just because I do not live within easy driving distance of

Feb 20, 2019, 9:34 AM

You can't possibly think you are a fan of a team if you are not willing to drive multiple hours to a 9:00 game on a Tuesday night.

Re: The same fans complaining about

Feb 20, 2019, 9:37 AM

Good luck filling Death Valley with fans who live only in Clemson, Greenville, and Seneca.

Your comment is no different than saying you can't be a Clemson baseball fan if you don't make it to watch them play PC on a random Tuesday night.

Feb 20, 2019, 12:33 PM

Not saying OP is right/you're wrong, but why is that the comparison you went with?

LJC is 1/10 the size of DV.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When's the last time YOU went to ANY Clemson sporting event?***

Feb 20, 2019, 9:40 AM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

Re: When's the last time YOU went to ANY Clemson sporting event?***

Feb 20, 2019, 9:41 AM

My guess is December 22, 2018.

6 hour drives aren't happening for a regular season bb games***

Feb 20, 2019, 9:50 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 6 hour drives aren't happening for a regular season bb games***

Feb 20, 2019, 9:54 AM

Especially for the product that we are putting out there.

Feb 20, 2019, 9:53 AM

I guess you are new to sports. There's a reason why attendance is down when teams aren't good. They will just watch at home on TV at most. Moreover, most Clemson fans on here complaining don't live near LJ. Anyway, there is a reason why attendance is low for the Orioles, Miami Marlins, Chicago White Sox, Cincy Bengals, Raiders, Tampa Bucs, New Jersey Nets, Atlanta Hawks, Phoenix Suns, and Minnesota Timberwolves. They all pretty much suck. People aren't stupid. It usually directly correlates will the product.

########...We went to the Sweet 16 last year and attendance

Feb 20, 2019, 12:19 PM

was meh then too...It's not like you go to games anyway

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ########...We went to the Sweet 16 last year and attendance

Feb 20, 2019, 12:34 PM

Not to mention lackluster attendance to begin this season, coming off the Sweet 16 campaign.

Exactly...It's just a BS excuse people use, it doesn't hold

Feb 20, 2019, 12:53 PM

up

Feb 20, 2019, 9:57 AM

Have you priced tickets for Littlejohn lately? Some of us just can't afford more than one trip a year to watch the team play.
You can get behind the team all you want, but you don't put the ball in the basket, you don't turn the ball over on what would be a game-winning drive,you don't miss 4 free throws in the last 30 seconds to win a game,you don't allow the other team to drive to the basket for a game winner, you don't play well for 39 minutes,and they seem to forget it's a 40 minute contest. You don't get worn down because you can't match the other team's depth.
That falls on the coaching, not the team. I don't care how full Littlejohn is but if you can't field a team that can compete with those teams not named Duke, UNC or Virginia, you could fill up Littlejohn, Doug Kingsmore, and Death Valley and it wouldn't matter.
And those aren't negative comments. That's the state of Clemson Basketball,period.

Feb 20, 2019, 12:36 PM

Tickets are $20-30 for Saturday's game against BC through Clemson.

Not sure if you realize, but there are not only 3 good teams in the ACC.

Feb 20, 2019, 10:02 AM

So using your logic, only people in the Clemson area are allowed to complain? A lot of us live out of state and it is hard to make weekday sporting events. Also, what if we see the team on the road? Do we still have to toe the "Everything is Roses, because it's Clemson" line?

Feb 20, 2019, 10:30 AM

the fans did not lose that game last night.......enough with that BS......Go Tigers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Feb 20, 2019, 10:56 AM

Never did I say the fans lost the game for us. But they sure didn't help.

Feb 20, 2019, 11:45 AM

The dumbest argument ever made is that "fan support" is the end all be all to great teams. It's really Econ 101. Make good product, people buy product; make bad product you lose your business. Your way of viewing it isn't in the realm of reality. Women's basketball is the perfect example. Nobody went to women's games but now that Coach Butler is turning the program around you're starting to see more and more people there. Amazing how that works. You ask any coach or player and they will tell you they have to give the fans a reason to be there, period. There's a difference between loyalty and blind loyalty. As a fan base there is only one way to truly show your displeasure and that is hitting a athletic department where it hurts and that is the wallet. Me personally I wish fans would boycott the whole NCAA especially in basketball and quit going and watching and maybe we'll quit getting recruits bought right out from under us. Someone with morals and standards is never going to out recruit someone who has none. So until that happens I really don't know that it matters what Clemson does at the head coaching position and thats friggin sad.

Feb 20, 2019, 10:54 AM

And same old Brownell groupies for whatever reason. Apparently, you have never been involved with corporate America. This is a business, a big business and the boss is held accountable be it good or be it bad. You do not continue to pay him big bucks just cause you like him or he is a good guy or he is a Clemson Man! He is paid for results and he is paid to win. The players are well paid with full schollys so they too are accountable for their actions. Clemson has become a " Best is Standard" school and we as fans should expect nothing but the best! The best ain't Brownell!

Feb 20, 2019, 10:58 AM

We pay him "big bucks" because he helped us get to a sweet 16 last year. Not because we just like him. This is college athletics not "corporate America" so don't even try to make that comparison

he was being paid big bucks before last year***

Feb 20, 2019, 12:15 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic