Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The running game
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1,572

The running game

Sep 30, 2019, 6:08 AM

Ever since the GT game, who we can all agree is as bad as a high school team, the running game has been sub par. This is a big reason for the offensive struggles. There’s nothing wrong with ETN. In fact, it’s a testament to his tremendous skill that he’s gotten as many yards as he has. He is getting met at the LOS almost every time he gets the ball. There’s a little more room for LJD simply because defenses don’t fear him. If we want to get back to the national championship, the offensive line has got to play much much better. Here are some numbers

Since GT ETN has 55 carries for only 257 yards. That’s a 4.7 yard average, almost 3 yards below his career average. His longest run is 18 yards. That’s crazy. And finally he only has 2 tds.

LJD has 29 carries for 188 yards. That’s 5.7 ypc. His longest run is only 19 yards.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The running game

Sep 30, 2019, 6:13 AM

Yeah we have had struggles both running and throwing at times. It is concerning. I do feel like itll get sorted out but no doubt its surprising. Id love to see some more crossing routs over the middle like some have mentioned. Maybe open up the playbook in general a tad more. Right now i think we havnt executed great and we are kinda predictable.

Tell 'em u5c coot

Sep 30, 2019, 8:52 AM

Sep 30, 2019, 6:22 AM

I think the real problem offensively is that we are throwing too many 50/50 balls and low percentage passes and putting too much on the shoulders of our receivers. I would like to see more intermediate slants, quick out, or 5 to 10 yard curl routes in order to get the passing game in rhythm. When that opens up I believe the running game will be more productive.

Sep 30, 2019, 6:29 AM

Agreed. I couldn't believe when TL hit Tee over the middle last week. It seemed so out of character. I'm so over the bubble screen too.

Sep 30, 2019, 6:34 AM [ in reply to Re: The running game ]

You know I was thinking this too. Especially on 3 and 6 twice. Why are we throwing 40 yards down field when we need to keep a drive going? Granted it worked the second time but still don’t get it. We need someone to step up in the slot or te

The ol

Sep 30, 2019, 8:28 AM

Better improve quickly or ..,,...,,

Tell 'em u5c coot

Sep 30, 2019, 8:51 AM

Always good to hear from the burning dumpster.

Replies: 7
| visibility 1,572
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic