Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The real Deep State
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

The real Deep State

Aug 16, 2019, 1:13 AM

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/inspector-general-finds-politically-motivated-harassment-at-state-department/2019/08/15/2208a432-bf9f-11e9-9b73-fd3c65ef8f9c_story.html

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'll file this away in my Russian collusion folder.***

Aug 16, 2019, 6:55 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'll file this away in my Russian collusion folder.***

Aug 17, 2019, 3:10 AM

You should. Mueller documented over 140 contacts between the Trump campaign, Trump Transition, family and surrogates during the campaign.

Only, you guys claiming no collusion is sort of a lie. Mueller investigated for conspiracy but couldn't prove there was a quid pro quo. But he documented a great many examples of collusion between Trump camp and the Russians.

Therefore, Trump, surrogates and especially Sara Huckabee Sanders repeated ad-nauseum, "No Obstruction and No Collusion. Both demonstrable, bald face lies. But magically, it seems the majority of Trump supporters like that lie and they embrace it.

Are you actually pulling for Russia interference again this election if it helps Trump?

Aug 17, 2019, 11:08 AM

You sound like Jerold Nadler or Adam Schiff. You keep beating the collusion / obstruction drum. Time to move on.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 18, 2019, 1:12 AM

joistman® said:

You sound like Jerold Nadler or Adam Schiff. You keep beating the collusion / obstruction drum. Time to move on.

You, Trump, Fox News and Trump surrogates keep trying to convince the majority of American's there is no collusion or obstruction. That simply isn't true. In other words, you're tired of hearing the truth. :)

Politics should interfere or alter the way an employee...

Aug 16, 2019, 7:05 AM

does his job. Not the boss does his job and not his workers do their jobs either. Political appointees are there to serve the politician who appointed them, like it or not. If a political appointee is not serving the politician then they should be replaced by politician.

That's how this works. Imo, if a bureau employee isn't making the politician in office happy they should be fired. Elections have consequences. Working for the government isn't a human right and neither is it a constitutional right.

I believe the fact that it's nearly impossible to fire a gov employee is ridiculous. That allows them to subvert their bosses which is quite unAmerican.

I apply the Dershowitz's 'Shoe on the other foot,' analysis to this situation and you should to, Felix. It's the reality of working as a higherup in a gov bureau.

If those same people were disloyal to Obama and I posted this article but the scr ipt was flipped you'd be making the same argument I'm making now.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The official mission of the US State Dept says:

Aug 16, 2019, 10:55 AM

The U.S. Department of State leads America's foreign policy through diplomacy, advocacy, and assistance by advancing the interests of the American people, their safety and economic prosperity.

A key phrase is "advancing the interests of the American people". There is nothing in there about loyalty to the President, especially one who has shown complete incompetence in the area of foreign policy.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the American people picked the president

Aug 16, 2019, 12:00 PM

the fact that you dont like him is of no consequence.

'member when y'all said that about Barry? I'member

More the American Landmass than People***

Aug 16, 2019, 1:33 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't 'member State Dept employees having to

Aug 16, 2019, 2:59 PM [ in reply to the American people picked the president ]

pledge fealty to Barry, either. This situation is stupidly unique to the current administration.

They loved Obama.

Aug 16, 2019, 8:05 PM

Those who didn't did what they were told, elsewise Hillary would have had them killed.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Remeber when Barry was president

Aug 16, 2019, 3:05 PM [ in reply to the American people picked the president ]

and a handful of people were calling him the Antichrist...saying beware of the charismatic leader.

haha.. good times.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: the American people picked the president

Aug 18, 2019, 1:19 AM [ in reply to the American people picked the president ]

Then you also remember how Mitch McConnel and John Boehner foiled Obama at every turn, much like Schiff, Nadler and Shumer are doing now. It's wrong when both sides doing it.

"We do it because they did it" will forever and increasingly tear down our Democracy. One has to remember that both Dems and Reps. are funded by donors. They're the one's whose interests are served. No matter who's President at this point.

How do you think they know the will of the American people?

Aug 16, 2019, 8:01 PM [ in reply to The official mission of the US State Dept says: ]

Do they receive letter, follow polls or canvas the public to figure out how to please us? Has one of them every called you for your opinion on which type to use in his report or if he can have Wed off to take his kid fishing?

Your missing the obvious makes you look really dumb, OST. The pecking order is POTUS, Sec of whatever who is appointed by the POTUS, assistant sec of whatever who is a bureaucrat then the underclass of yes men. Everyone is indirectly a yes man to the POTUS. He tells them what the public wants because that's how he executes his office as America's chief representative and exactly his responsibility, authority and accountability.

How the POTUS runs the bureaus will bear on his reelection and how he is remembered. That's why Trump has an itchy trigger finger when it comes to firing people. His asz is on the line and they need to do what the boss says or suffer the consequences.

Stop stinking up the room with your nonsense.

Thus....Barr.... He's a good cleaner.***

Aug 16, 2019, 10:14 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How do you think they know the will of the American people?

Aug 18, 2019, 1:25 AM [ in reply to How do you think they know the will of the American people? ]

Are Democracy is not designed to suborn the will of the American people in order for the President to 'cover his asz". It doesn't work that way.

"Of the people, by the people and for the people" is a concept we all had better cling to or will be far away from representative govt., no matter if it's Trump or Harris or whomever becomes Presidents. Checks and balances were put in place to foil precisely the scenario you describe.

You want to throw up your hands, fine. I'm just not willing to. And neither are the majority of the American people. We used to be the 'shining city on the hill", an example of what representative Democracy is and what it can do.

You're theory is let them run it into the ground because that is 'reality'.

I don't buy that my friend and am amazed you defend it.

What about the Derschowitz "I kept my underwear on"...?

Aug 16, 2019, 10:12 PM [ in reply to Politics should interfere or alter the way an employee... ]

You stickin' by your pedo boy...? All I can say is, I'd give him a chance to take his glasses off... once. I guess he made Epstein "happy" after he got him such a good plea deal. It's funny how he swapped over to the Trump camp... I guess once he climbed into that bed, he didn't want to wonder too far from a pardon.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Politics should interfere or alter the way an employee...

Aug 18, 2019, 1:16 AM [ in reply to Politics should interfere or alter the way an employee... ]

I couldn't disagree more. Govt officials, no matter who appointed them, are mandated to serve the American people and the Constitution. The idea that you simply accept this perversion of our Democracy is disconcerting. Obama, Trump, Clinton it doesn't matter. Our govt. isn't set up to serve the President, quite the contrary. It's set up to serve the people. I'm curious as to why you're unwilling to fight the problem rather than just accept it. :)

Wrong

Aug 16, 2019, 8:37 PM

This isn’t the Deep State, the difference being that one doesn’t actually SEE the deep state. It’s there but you can’t point at it and say,”There it is”. What you’re referencing more closely resembles a cartoonish, bungling, pathetic government agency.

Re: Wrong

Aug 18, 2019, 1:29 AM

MemphisCat said:

This isn’t the Deep State, the difference being that one doesn’t actually SEE the deep state. It’s there but you can’t point at it and say,”There it is”. What you’re referencing more closely resembles a cartoonish, bungling, pathetic government agency.

There is no such thing as a "Deep State" like the one you describe. That's just a fringe right wing belief perpetuated by right wing talking heads in order to continue making money catering to their fringe listeners. Much the same way that liberal media caters to it's viewers and listeners.

When are you going to wake up and realize that people are making millions off of the gullible?

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic