Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The polls are not the problem
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

The polls are not the problem

Oct 7, 2012, 2:48 PM

The facts are we lost to fla st, they lost to nc state, the acc has no respect and the more times we give up 30 or 40 points a game, the more people remember 70. Quit whining. We have to earn it on the field. We have not as of yet. We're getting better but not there yet. LSU is not very good this year but they have won two nc and played for a third in the past seven years. That's how you earn respect. Go ahead and call me a coot for telling the truth.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agreed....and your not a Coot for telling the truth

Oct 7, 2012, 2:50 PM

Nm

who cares what lsu has done the last seven years..

Oct 7, 2012, 2:50 PM

they suck this year.this years polls are supposed to be based on this season.not what a team has done over the past years.that is the real problem with these polls.teams get rewarded for what they have done in the past.look at UGA preseason ranked 6 way overrated and it showed last night.but that is what happens when you get biased media doing the polls.florida went from 10 to 4 after beating that way overrated lsu team who had trouble with a bad auburn team and townsend.

LSU doesnt "suck"

Oct 7, 2012, 3:05 PM

They have a top D in the nation but a lagging offense. Its not like they havent recruited top talent on O. The QB is just leaving alot to be desired. They are just like Clemson. Great on one side of the ball... Terrible on the other side. If LSU is overrated then so is Clemson

yeah lsu looked great against power house aurburn..

Oct 7, 2012, 3:11 PM

and townsend.they do suck way overrated football team.clemson should be around 15 or so.

when was clemson rated #2 this year?

Oct 7, 2012, 4:38 PM [ in reply to LSU doesnt "suck" ]

if you saw that, i'd say lay off of the hallucinogens.we are about right in the coaches poll. usuc is overrated,imo. they have yet to play a decent team on the road. if we played all our games at the valley, we'd be sitting pretty,too.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

lame try coot***

Oct 7, 2012, 3:05 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: lame try coot***

Oct 7, 2012, 3:22 PM

not a "try" when its the truth. Clemson folds everytime they face an elite dline. same will be said this year. not to mention... clemson couldnt stop... well... anything

yup coots are world beaters now..with vandy's trophy case..

Oct 7, 2012, 3:59 PM

no one in the country can dare score on the coots.any team is lucky to gain one yard against their nfl defense

you must not have got the memo.

Oct 7, 2012, 4:44 PM

they have cam newton at qb, gale sayers at rb, jerry rice at wr, and my gosh, on the "d" side, they have reggie white, lt,ronnie lott and 8 other nfl hall-of-famers. yet, they struggled on the road at vandy, and kentucky gave them a game. i know, they have sec speed. i can't wait to see'em in november!

Re:COOT

Oct 7, 2012, 3:08 PM

HB

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The polls are not the problem

Oct 7, 2012, 3:38 PM

I am not a coot. I am a LSU fan. You guys don't get it. We play and win in the SEC weak in and weak out playing top 15 FB teams begining this past week for 4 weeks in a row includng the #1 and #3 teams in the country. If we win out we replay Fl for a chance to play in the MNC game. Last year we played real spread offenses like ORegon and WV and handled them fairly easy.You guys play touch FB with the Dukes, Ga Techs, the VA teams and Wake Forest. How do you expect to climb above LSU with that schedule? If one or 2 of these teams beat us then it may be you who replaces us but I would not bet on it.

Jonbob... Is that like apples in a toilet?***

Oct 7, 2012, 4:34 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: who cares what lsu has done the last seven years..

Oct 7, 2012, 3:41 PM

What have we done to earn respect? We do not have a quality win and our loss to fsu now looks bad.

Ball St is doing alright***

Oct 7, 2012, 4:25 PM

Fiat Justitia et Pereat Mundus

It's a #### number. Everything we want is in front of us.

Oct 7, 2012, 3:50 PM

If FSU drops another one were in the ACCCG.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

exactly..a number beside your name means squat.***

Oct 7, 2012, 3:59 PM

Polls aren't the problem...

Oct 7, 2012, 4:23 PM

OK let me point this out. We lost to FSU by 12 at their place. UGa just got beat by 28 on the road and they are ahead of us? thats a #### joke. Its also crap that Okla is ahead of us as is Texas. Its not right to say that Clemson is the only #### team in the country that has to EARN respect.

but the team that beat you lost to an unranked

Oct 7, 2012, 4:27 PM

NCSU that lost to Miami.

Auburn and BC lost to ARKY and Army.

Re: but the team that beat you lost to an unranked

Oct 7, 2012, 4:30 PM

you still use child sports philosophy??? LOL If everybody beat who they were supposed to you could skip straight ahead to the NC game. grow up in your sports knowledge. good grief

perception = voting pattern, no quality win

Oct 7, 2012, 4:31 PM

yeah you beat GT but so did MTSU,(by 21 in Atlanta)

Message was edited by: elcid1985®

And who has UGA beat to earn that high ranking?

Oct 7, 2012, 4:40 PM

So you've still played nobody, Coot

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

not a Coot Well apparently, they beat a Tenn team

Oct 7, 2012, 4:54 PM

that took the Atlantic leading Pack to the wood shed

Message was edited by: elcid1985®

with only a few conf. games played, we don't have a big

Oct 7, 2012, 5:05 PM

enough sample size to accurately gauge the teams, esp. in a division race. ooc games are hard to judge because of the many outright mismatches. we are just getting into the meat of the races, so lets wait before we crown anyone conf. champs.

Re: Polls aren't the problem...

Oct 7, 2012, 4:35 PM [ in reply to Polls aren't the problem... ]

You just proved the point: Texas and ok have won NC and are consistently good. Georgia played in the sec cg last year and have a tradition of strong teams.
We won one nc 30+ years ago and one conf title in 20 years. To earn respect you have to do it year In and year out. Sc has the same problem. If they wore crimson or purple and gold they would be ranked number 1 right now.

Oct 7, 2012, 4:28 PM

Coot

Oct 7, 2012, 5:17 PM

I've been watching Clemson football for years and can honestly say that our D over the last two years has been the worst I have ever seen at Clemson. My main issue is not their youth and inexperience but rather their lack of toughness and intensity. I don't care about making mistakes but at least go 100% while making them. I do think all areas are improving except the secondary. We'll see what happens as we move forward but I can totally see how we went down in the AP poll.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree 110%***

Oct 7, 2012, 5:33 PM

i think wvu has done that a couple times since us.

Oct 7, 2012, 5:37 PM

people now realize that wv has a good offense, and they hit us at our weakest position, a perfect storm, if you will. we put up 30+, we should win, period!

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic