Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Now that the tournament has gotten to the Final Four I took
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

Now that the tournament has gotten to the Final Four I took

Apr 1, 2019, 1:42 PM

some time to research some mid major type coaches that made a run this year...hoping to find some diamond in the rough who would love an opportunity to coach at Clemson in the ACC.

After looking at several potential coaches, one kept standing out to me - the coach at Gonzaga. His name is Mark Few, he is a young, energetic up and coming coach. He just took some mid major program that nobody had ever heard of a couple months ago and almost made the final four. If he could make this little school (I think they're from Utah or California or something) into a Cinderella, he could certainly get Clemson into the tournament.

Plus, we could get him on the cheap since most mid majors pay their coaches like $200k or so. He'd be grateful just to get paid half of what CBB gets paid.

Hopefully D-Rad is doing the same research I am and picks up the phone to call this guy, because now that he's proven that he can make a run in the tournament, some other schools like Clemson will come calling. He'd be a way better hire than the one our rivals Alabama just made (lol at hiring from Buffalo, everyone knows the Bills suck!).

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Excellent Is The Standard ***

Apr 1, 2019, 1:45 PM

null

Message was edited by: Francis Marion®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

I thought "best" is the standard?***

Apr 1, 2019, 1:46 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Common misconception...

Apr 1, 2019, 1:48 PM

Here’s a helpful link:

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/message/Coach-Swinney-steps-in-his-own-Yaba-Dabo-Doo-Doo-24565317

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

I saw that link the first time you posted it

Apr 1, 2019, 1:54 PM

but just because coachmac says it doesn't mean it's true. He's a moran.

But he’s a coach, so I hold him to a higher standard.***

Apr 1, 2019, 1:56 PM

Just because he calls himself a coach doesn't mean

Apr 1, 2019, 2:00 PM

he's actually a coach. Hth

Kinda like bob calling himself

Apr 1, 2019, 2:06 PM

cutigerbob®

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

That's exactly correct***

Apr 1, 2019, 2:08 PM

Re: Now that the tournament has gotten to the Final Four I took

Apr 1, 2019, 1:52 PM

Gonzaga is not a team that has burst on the scene this year, they have been an excellent basketball program for several years.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't even think they've been in the NCAAT before

Apr 1, 2019, 1:57 PM

Maybe they made an NIT or CBI run? But Mark Few has probably only been there a couple years, so it would be good to hire him now before the SEC comes calling

Why would the SEC come calling?

Apr 1, 2019, 1:58 PM

Has he been fired previously for recruiting violations?

Well there are only 2 real basketball conferences

Apr 1, 2019, 1:59 PM

1. ACC

Distant 2nd is 2. SEC

If no ACC school gets him, then someone from the SEC will

Not sure about the name, Few?

Apr 1, 2019, 3:32 PM [ in reply to I don't even think they've been in the NCAAT before ]

Aren't we fed up with few? We need a Coach Awesome, Coach Many, Coach Undefeated, like the guy at N.W. Missouri A&M State Baptist coachwac was talking about

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lol, I understand your concern, and I too was worried

Apr 1, 2019, 3:42 PM

when I saw his last name was "Few." But trust me, I've done my research and I think this young man has a bright future ahead of him in college basketball. So it might as well be at Clemson.

The only other concern I'd have is his

Apr 1, 2019, 3:51 PM

biggest conference rival is St. Marys. He actually lost to a bunch of Marys in his conference tourney this year. I realize they may have had divine help being saints and all, but still! But I'm open to seeing what he can do, now that Maryland has been banished

Apr 1, 2019, 1:52 PM

He’s not coming to Clemson, he has much better support where he is, and a new arena.

He'd come to Clemson in a heartbeat

Apr 1, 2019, 1:58 PM

Renovated LJC in Clemson, South Carolina > new arena somewhere in Utah or wherever Gonzaga is

Apr 1, 2019, 3:24 PM

So why would a guy who was born in Oregon, and coaches at a school in Spokane Washington want to pull up his roots and come to Clemson, where the last three head coaches combined haven't had the success rate that Mark Few has had at Gonzaga?

He just made the elite 8 moran

Apr 1, 2019, 3:40 PM

Brad was just in the Sweet 16 last year, that's only a difference of 1 win!

Plus, I think Gonzaga is in Utah or North Dakota or something stupid like that. Any coach would easily jump at the opportunity to coach in the ACC instead of being stuck in some podunk little mid major school where the most they can make is a couple hundred thousand.

Added bonus, Dabo could probably mentor him since at one time Dabo was a young coach trying to make it in the ACC also, like Mark Few would be.

Blue bloods have been trying to hire Few for decades

Apr 1, 2019, 3:43 PM

He's been winning at this rate in the WAC for year and years, and keeps turning down the premier coaching jobs in the country. He turned down UCLA, Oregon, Texas, and Stanford already.

If he hasn't left already, he's not going ANYWHERE. And if by some off chance he decides to leave, Clemson has very little chance to land him.

Clemson has never offered him a job

Apr 1, 2019, 3:45 PM

There's no way he'd turn down coaching at Clemson and being in the ACC where he can finally make a decent living.

Whoops, this thread wooshed right over my head***

Apr 1, 2019, 3:47 PM

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic