Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The mystique of hard to get beer . . TL-DR warning
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 263

The mystique of hard to get beer . . TL-DR warning

May 12, 2019, 7:25 AM

Saw last night’s beer fight and while I love what little Treehouse beer I’ve been able to try, the fact that it’s not readily available adds to the pleasure of drinking it. It’s called the Coors Effect (they made a documentary about it called Smokey & the Bandit, maybe you’ve seen it?)

Sierra Nevada makes high quality consumer market focused beer but they also make some interesting small batches that you can only get at the brewery. Are they focused on making what sells? Heck yeah, that’s their business but you have to go see the brewery and the barrel room to understand that they are not just a hipster version of AB. Will I turn down a trip to SN or not buy their beer? No way. Would I buy Treehouse Bright etc over SN Hazy? Yeah but I’ll try new SN stuff to see what they are up too. And I’ll go eat and drink at the brewery every chance I get.

If you think Treehouse is a bunch of wizards in hair shirts magically throwing great beer together, take a look at their brewery - it looks remarkably similar to SN with computer controls etc.

https://youtu.be/oqOySBbSa7I

And yes, OSF your ability to monitor your yeast quality, control temp, coupled with your recipe formulation savvy does make you a better home brewer, a smarter one that can turn out a very good consistent beer unlike my feeble attempts at throwing #### at the wall and hoping something sticks.

Dang, it’s too early on a Sunday (### this old bladder) to be thinking this hard.

FYT
https://youtu.be/K0qnt5rTCoo

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

yes, yes and yes.....

May 12, 2019, 7:47 AM

lutz.

Tell Mrs cu85tiger Happy Mothers Day.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks and back at you***

May 12, 2019, 7:48 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

effing science man!

May 12, 2019, 7:58 AM

Best thing about TH, they cut out the middle man, except the man that has to wait in line for sometimes 2 hours.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've waited in that line - longest was 1.5 hours.

May 12, 2019, 10:10 AM

Some people walk out of there with 9 cases and over $1000 worth of beer. Some trade, some sells, and others just drink it all.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg2006_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 263
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic