Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The major difference between Smart & Richt is...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

The major difference between Smart & Richt is...

Feb 6, 2019, 7:26 PM

Richt struggled to win the big games, where Smart doesn’t. Unless it’s against Alabama. Or LSU. Or Texas. Or...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Smart has only been in Athens 3 years and

Feb 6, 2019, 7:31 PM

The fans haven’t grown tired of his losing yet.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It took them a while to turn on Richt too.***

Feb 6, 2019, 7:35 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

I believe that Smart will dominate the SEC...

Feb 6, 2019, 7:37 PM

like Saban did for the last six or seven years. I don't think Saban will make it much longer, maybe two years and Kirby will put the icing on the cake after AnM whups Bama's but that year.

Imo, KS is a rookie and if you'll think back to Dabo's rookie years SOS kicked our butts with less talent. He did it with coaching skill from experience. I don't believe Kirby has Dabo's ceiling but he also doesn't have the lack of talent which Dabo inherited from Tommy.

When Dabo took over we were on par with the rest of the ACC at D and O linemen. It took several years to recruit and develop those linemen who dominated Alabama last month. Kirby won't have to work around lack of talent he just has to develop their skills.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I believe that Smart will dominate the SEC...

Feb 6, 2019, 8:23 PM

Still can’t stand his ###. Hopefully he’ll dive off a diving board into a concrete pond. Good coach my foot, nah, a snake in the grass that’ll do anything to try and win and recruit.

Anyone who thinks uga is recruiting above board is kidding themselves. My hope for uga is 0-12 every year. Yep, even lose to the coots.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Only if that would mean...

Feb 6, 2019, 8:30 PM

the coots finished 1-11.

You are right on point re Smart and GA recruiting

Feb 7, 2019, 11:17 AM [ in reply to Re: I believe that Smart will dominate the SEC... ]

Don't ever think it is legit

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I believe that Smart will dominate the SEC...

Feb 6, 2019, 8:36 PM [ in reply to I believe that Smart will dominate the SEC... ]

You are a wise man. Come on back to the P+R bored.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Smart has brown hair and Richt has blonde hair?

Feb 6, 2019, 8:29 PM

Other than that Georgia’s program looks the same.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Kirby Smart is not

Feb 6, 2019, 8:36 PM

The answer to UGA's program...he lacks the courage of conviction that Dabo has and, frankly, that Saban has. He's ridden on coattails...and he'll fly out on embers. There's nothing there. Nothing.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There is a major difference between Smart & Richt

Feb 6, 2019, 9:26 PM

but I just can't think of what it is right now.

Richt is more likable?***

Feb 7, 2019, 8:03 AM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Bash him all you want, BUT...

Feb 6, 2019, 9:50 PM

I truly believe he’s figured out how to beat Vandy at home on a consistent basis.

And that means EVERYTHING to Jawja fans.

~JKB

Re: The major difference between Smart & Richt is...

Feb 6, 2019, 11:16 PM

I am sorry, Kirby smart is no Mark Richt. First of all I can tell just looking at both of them that Richt is at least 30 IQ points smarter. Richt roamed the sidelines with a look of purpose, where Smart looks like he is eye balling the last cocktail wiener at a wedding party that he is both under dressed for and was never invited to.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 7, 2019, 7:31 AM

oh, in case you needed proof.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Definitely looks like he's ready to

Feb 7, 2019, 8:37 AM

swallow some weiners.

Feb 7, 2019, 7:48 AM

Richt is a great HoF level coach. Smart has had a couple of good years but just a few NCAA issues from being a Freeze).

Richt was 2-4 against Saban... but 1-1 in Athens and 1-1 at Saban's place (Wrong Valley LA/Tuscy) Richt's failing is that he was 0-2 against Saban in Atlanta. And he was one play aware from being 3-3 with Saban. It seamed that Richt was always one dice roll from being a national champ or just a also ran.

Richt's biggest issue is that I though he tried to mold and support some kinds with a rougher edge (aka kids that are not inter-personally developable). It could poison his culture. Props for Richt for trying that but I think the discipline issues cost him some big games.

Keep in mind, the 2017 jawja team was junior/senior laden team (especially on D) so they were Richt's kids.

difference between Smart & Richt is... Smart owns

Feb 7, 2019, 8:35 AM

a Ford Dealership ??

Just guessing here....

#RaptorsRUs

Usually being Smart & Richt is a recipe for success

Feb 7, 2019, 8:44 AM

Apparently not in Georgia's case though.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Feb 7, 2019, 8:44 AM

Smart comes up with innovative, fun ways to lose games in the 4th quarter.

^ So true.***

Feb 7, 2019, 8:52 AM

Re: ^ So true.***

Feb 7, 2019, 9:06 AM

^ Yes!

Smart was so angry at his players for not showing up in TWO 4th quarters, he made darn sure they were playing hard in the 4th.... but that was against Texas and they only played in the 4th.

Kirby Smart should coach Hockey, you can win by only playing three periods.

Richt is a Chevy man?***

Feb 7, 2019, 11:20 AM

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic