Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What is our potential weakness Monday night?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

What is our potential weakness Monday night?

Jan 5, 2019, 6:23 PM

Punting, flipping field position.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Without Dexter, it has to be defensive tackle and

Jan 5, 2019, 6:31 PM

stopping the running game. I think Tre Lamar has a great game. I don't think Tua can be consistently successful in the passing game if he can't throw play action passes to his first read.

If we can slow their running game, they won't be able to throw and catch consistently. We are the only team in the country that can throw the ball well if you stop our running game, but I don't think they can stop Etienne.

Go Tigers.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What is our potential weakness Monday night?

Jan 5, 2019, 6:35 PM

Safeties in coverage...that's why I think bama stays in 3 or 4 wide formations and sometimes 5 wide. Also, whoever has to block 92 and 99...especially 92. For us to win I think we need to score at least 30-35 or more. Their wr's and te are very quick.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 5, 2019, 6:38 PM

Tanner Muse need to play his smartest game of the year.

Jan 5, 2019, 6:40 PM

Safeties and punting.

Agree + Field Goals

Jan 5, 2019, 6:46 PM

Our safeties are going to get burned - I can only hope not too much. Punting - as long as he doesn't kick a limp duck we should be ok. I also worry about our ability to run on them. ETN is great but typically a successful run game involves the entire offense, especially the OL - they've got to open some holes. He was totally stiffed against ND until the second half.

It is going to be a very, very tough game. It can go either way.

I predict both teams' safeties get burned. It's what good

Jan 5, 2019, 6:51 PM

passing teams do. Theirs will get burned more than ours because Tua is a one read guy.

However, ours get an unfair rap.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tua is a one read guy.

Jan 5, 2019, 8:06 PM

Most of the time he looks toward the middle of the field out of habit to screw up the secondary. With him having run that read option all year and making good reads then being a scalded dog when he keeps the ball it was easy for him to fool OU.

When OU figured out he isn't keeping the ball (about 3 minutes into the second quarter) he is either going to hand it off or pass it quickly OU pounced on him and outscored Bama 34-17 the rest of the way.

You know if I noticed this after watching the OU/Bama game just five times our coaches and players caught it immediately. Tua was only a threat to run when his prime target was covered.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I predict both teams' safeties get burned. It's what good

Jan 5, 2019, 8:09 PM [ in reply to I predict both teams' safeties get burned. It's what good ]

OL protection and run blocking--db's out of position

Re: Agree + Field Goals

Jan 5, 2019, 6:53 PM [ in reply to Agree + Field Goals ]

OLine play, we are not as athletic or deep in the defensive backfield as a UGA. Bama has a deep wr group. They also are not as good on defense as they usually are though.

We need to either run the ball or have the screen game work as an extension of the run. Trevor may have to pull it more which could be risky. If they can stop the run with two deep safety’s could be a long game.

Jan 5, 2019, 7:21 PM

O line, safeties, punting, FG kicking are our weakest areas.

Agreed. Punting looks to be our most vulnerable part of the

Jan 5, 2019, 7:26 PM

game. I expect Saban to bring a lot of pressure on punts to try and exploit that one crack in our armor.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TE***

Jan 5, 2019, 7:27 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

PUNTING, field position, secondary***

Jan 5, 2019, 7:28 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 5, 2019, 7:34 PM

I am worried about Jalen Hurts entering the game late in the fourth. With fresh legs, Hurts can cause a lot of damage running.

The loss of Josh Freakin' Belk

Jan 5, 2019, 7:54 PM

Nm

Jan 5, 2019, 8:07 PM

After reading the above posts plus reading and hearing other comments, I believe, other than our offense, defense and special teams, we will do OK.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 5, 2019, 8:08 PM

Our Lbs and safeties matched up on their Tight end. Hope we can keep him in check and not let him break a big one. Hopefully it doesn't come down to a 40+ yard field goal either. We have been struggling a little there too

A wet field.

Jan 5, 2019, 8:08 PM

Both teams will have receivers open the difference can only be that the defensive line on one team makes the difference.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic