Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The incredible outpouring of love by the Charleston church
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 37
| visibility 1

The incredible outpouring of love by the Charleston church

Jun 21, 2015, 6:30 PM

speaks volumes for Black people. They have made a statement that is reverberating around the world. Their ability to try and forgive this lost soul is setting the stage and showing the world that the Black race is a forgiving race, and can be some of the kindest people on the planet. Yes, every race has their good and bad groups, but this church has shown the world that they cannot / will not be defeated by these actions. Perhaps this is the beginning of a tremendous grass roots movement that will make the USA come together rather than dividing it as this young man hoped it would. Let's only hope, and may God bless this ONE NATION.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The incredible outpouring of love by the Charleston church

Jun 21, 2015, 6:37 PM

AMEN Brother !!! Jesus is being 'Glorified' by the actions of the people in Charleston.......a wonderful example of HOPE !!!

Jun 21, 2015, 6:44 PM

Amen!!! The reactions to B. Maxwell's by some was heart wrenching and extremely misconstrued by some. The statistics that some likes to throw out never figured out is that they are pretty much the same for every race. Charleston....my home state, I salute you and it brings tears to my eyes and joy to my heart that we can rise above hate and those who only want to see what they want. I'm proud to be a Christian, a South Carolinian by transplant, and a black man, and an American!!!!

Wonderful sentiment, but even 9/11 had

Jun 21, 2015, 6:43 PM

about a six month kumbaya period before it was back to business as usual. The flags came down off the cars. I wish what you were saying was true, though.

Jun 21, 2015, 7:23 PM

That has more to do with being Christian than being black. They shame most of us.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 21, 2015, 8:11 PM

This is the history of Christianity. Suffering and sacrifice has been going on for over 2,000 years. Christian sacrifice has no racial boundaries. All races have died for the Glory of God. These 9 wonderful souls are just the next in line. There will be more to come, of all races that will die for their beliefs. I can't help but believe that this warped individual accomplished the opposite of what he was trying to do. It is bringing people together by the thousands. The church I belong to rings their chimes at 10:00 a.m. every morning 9 times in honor of these who died. I live 2 hours from Charleston. Bless be the tie that binds. In this case, those 9 who are living a heavenly life right now.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Christianity didn't cost them their lives.

Jun 21, 2015, 9:17 PM

Their skin tone did. Don't twist it.

Amen.***

Jun 21, 2015, 10:32 PM

Yes. There are no good people but Christians. So true.***

Jun 21, 2015, 9:16 PM [ in reply to Re: The incredible outpouring of love by the Charleston church ]

How in the world did you get that from what I wrote?

Jun 22, 2015, 7:53 AM

We were talking about a specific group of folks who suffered the loss of many loved ones and their motivation to forgive. I made no comment, reference or comparison of Christians to non believers.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think its more than safe to say

Jun 21, 2015, 8:19 PM

the divisiveness Mr. Roof was trying to achieve in his purported efforts to start a "race war", have completely backfired.

Its been pretty remarkable to watch it take place---even as some of the major news networks made themselves look petty and mean-spirited. I'll be glad to see CNN, etal, go, but that really only means that some other area of the country has incurred their own tragedy.

Charleston, with its heart broken, is desperately trying to get back up on its feet and become even stronger as a community.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's good black people now have the blessing of white folks.***

Jun 21, 2015, 9:16 PM

Re: It's good black people now have the blessing of white folks.***

Jun 21, 2015, 9:37 PM

Why dont you just not comment if you have to be divisive and judgemental when you have NO clue the intent of peoples comments and support

I got a pretty good idea...***

Jun 21, 2015, 10:31 PM

nah....you've tried to set yourself up as moral

Jun 21, 2015, 11:08 PM

arbiter and you don't have a clue.....wouldn't it be great if you were really as smart as you want others to believe you are??

Next time, work on that reading comprehension prior to making a stupid comment

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nah...you;re wrong. I know you and your type inside and out

Jun 21, 2015, 11:35 PM

I've seen your kind all my life. I know exactly who you are, and I don't like you.

yawn..........you really are a chicken. Was

Jun 22, 2015, 12:40 AM

at first hesitant to agree with others... But more feeble attempts at finding some sort of pretense of social relevancy that doesn't apply only proves it.

Perhaps you can engage some of the mental midgets on fgf to play.

Boring.

Until you're ready to talk seriously about the Confederate

Jun 22, 2015, 7:27 AM

flag coming down, until you're ready to drop YOUR pretense--that this is somehow about religion, until your gracious and benevolent white soul is ready to give the benefit of the doubt to blacks EVERY day of the week and not just when you're feeling guilty, then you've got nothing to say.

You're part of the problem.

Take down the flag and kiss Jesse Jackson's ###, is that all

Jun 22, 2015, 8:02 AM

I don't even know if you can get all the black folks to by in on that.

You have no idea, just a skewed perched in a twisted tree...

Jun 22, 2015, 8:20 AM [ in reply to Nah...you;re wrong. I know you and your type inside and out ]

...which is fine. We're all looking at life from different views.

But you have absolutely no moral high ground to cast judgment on folks who, in struggling to make sense of the seeming insanity that parades at times as daily life, find solace and inspiration ... and hope ... in the human capacity to forgive, rather than to last out.

And I DO know the guy you're castigating. And I have no doubt that whether you like him or not, if a crackpot racist showed up with a gun, he'd stand in front of him to protect others. It's just the kind of person he is.

As are many of "his kind" that you're so quick to dismiss to ease the dissonance from viewing life as it seems you do.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I can't believe people believe a race war

Jun 21, 2015, 9:20 PM [ in reply to I think its more than safe to say ]

could occur. This country is way too much of a melting pot now. The race war would look like the Anchorman fight.

i like every race..always have & always will.. But

Jun 21, 2015, 9:27 PM

I am biased, prejudiced (& racial thinking) to certain individuals of all colors at times which confuses me since i know better..and thus this sad incident has been a thought-provoker for growth in these areas!

GoTiGERS!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Neither do I.....

Jun 21, 2015, 9:38 PM

glad I was raised in an enviroment that didn't center around demeaning other races, gender, or sexuality. I feel bad for those that did.

As much as we wish we can't change the past.

Jun 22, 2015, 8:01 AM

No everyone has your advantage in being PC, I mean, I would loved to have been birth by two lesbians and raised by a bi-sexual couple of two different races but alas, my parents were a man and his wife of the same race.

#unfortunatedowntrodden

Re: As much as we wish we can't change the past.

Jun 22, 2015, 2:11 PM

> No everyone has your advantage in being PC, I mean, I
> would loved to have been birth by two lesbians and
> raised by a bi-sexual couple of two different races
> but alas, my parents were a man and his wife of the
> same race.
>
> #unfortunatedowntrodden

Bummer. I bet bi-racial lesbians would have let you stay up until 11 on school nights!

;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just curious--does "et al" include FOX?***

Jun 21, 2015, 11:36 PM [ in reply to I think its more than safe to say ]

don't know...."et al" is latin for "and others"

Jun 22, 2015, 12:49 AM

but never having watched a Fox News broadcast for more that a couple of minutes, and being unsure if they had a team on location, I'm unable to answer on that particular point.

you seem to want to reduce this thread to some sort of political debate, but unfortunately, I'm one of the least political persons you'll probably ever meet. Sorry to disappoint. Perhaps you'd find much more interest from someone familiar with Fox News' stance on every issue...but it ain't me.

Good luck.

Yes--does "and others" include FOX news...what was hard

Jun 22, 2015, 11:47 PM

to understand about that?

Oh...and I don't believe you either.

Black people everywhere bless your for your support.***

Jun 21, 2015, 9:14 PM

Re: Black people everywhere bless your for your support.***

Jun 21, 2015, 10:11 PM

I didn't twist it TigerFace, but you did !!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No--you twisted it. You want to make it about the nobility

Jun 21, 2015, 10:37 PM

of Christians rather than the persecution of blacks in this country and particularly in the South. He didn't kill them because they were Christian. And if you really believe that their faith played any role in their death just so you can claim the high majesty of Christianity, then your religion has warped your mind beyond repair.

Are you really claiming to speak for African-

Jun 22, 2015, 1:09 AM [ in reply to Black people everywhere bless your for your support.*** ]

Americans?? Or is this just another lame chickenfan attempt to engage others in a pointless, long thread?? You've made this same statement twice already in this thread....and thats earned you the Boring AND Repetitive Merit Badge.

Regardless, in an effort to avoid even the slightest possibility of seemingly having motives similar to whatever your's are, this will be my final post on this thread.

Great post.. same idea, but better than yesterday's.

Jun 22, 2015, 12:50 AM

Sometimes its hard to get the words out right wjen the feelings and story are so deep. TU to you friend.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Jun 22, 2015, 7:43 AM

Absolutely. The survivors' statements to that young man continue to have me in awe of their courage and faith. What an amazing example they have set for the rest of us.

Jun 22, 2015, 8:50 AM

Obama and Al are not going to like this

This church is doing what Dr. King would want.

Jun 22, 2015, 3:29 PM

The people of Charleston have come together in a beautiful display of humanity in the wake of this tragedy.

I agree! But, then Barry has to go and open his big mouth.***

Jun 22, 2015, 9:05 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Yeah--you're fine. No worries here. Just a good ol'

Jun 22, 2015, 11:49 PM

non-racist South Carolinian who doesn't see color and only wants to hold hands and pray.

So just did what did "Barry" say that upset you so much? That we're not cured of racism? Really? That got you all riled up? Because up until then you thought racism was a myth?

Replies: 37
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic