Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Please remind me why Game Day coming to Clemson is good
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 38
| visibility 1

Please remind me why Game Day coming to Clemson is good

Sep 27, 2015, 8:47 AM

It might create publicity since I have always heard that it doesn't matter if things being said are good or bad, as long as they're talking about you.

But eSECpn has been pounding a steady drum beat against the ACC and FSU and Clemson all year.

Even before the season started, eSECpn ran an entire show with their analysts on which conference should be left out of the playoffs. They were unanimous that it should be the ACC. They made no exceptions such as an undefeated Clemson or FSU season end result.

I will bet my last dollar that we will see no stone unturned. It is highly likely that eSECpn will suggest that historical landmarks should be renamed and focus on a topic such as that this trip. Now won't that be fun?

Almost as much fun as the shock and surprise by all concerned that eSECpn was really out of line this time.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Please remind me why Game Day coming to Clemson is good

Sep 27, 2015, 8:52 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iO3aj9IzBQw

ok. shoeless rocks...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That was then, this is now --- By the way, I don't care for

Sep 27, 2015, 9:12 AM

Eminem --- The tape is done well. And the basic theme of the song is pertinent. And it has a good beat and is easy to dance to. So I suppose that just leaves the words from "Lose Yourself".

No more games, I'm a change what you call rage
Tear this ############# roof off like two dogs caged
I was playing in the beginning, the mood all changed
I've been chewed up and spit out and booed off stage
But I kept rhyming and stepped right into the next cypher
Best believe somebody's paying the pied piper
All the pain inside amplified by the
Fact that I can't get by with my 9 to 5
And I can't provide the right type of life for my family
Cause man, these ####### food stamps don't buy diapers
And it's no movie, there's no Mekhi Phifer, this is my life
And these times are so hard, and it's getting even harder
Trying to feed and water my seed, plus
Teeter totter caught up between being a father and a primadonna
Baby mama drama's screaming on her
Too much for me to wanna
Stay in one spot, another day of monotony's gotten me
To the point, I'm like a snail
I've got to formulate a plot or I end up in jail or shot
Success is my only ############# option, failure's not
Mom, I love you, but this trailer's got to go
I cannot grow old in Salem's lot
So here I go it's my shot.
Feet, fail me not
This may be the only opportunity that I got

[Hook]

You can do anything you set your mind to, man

don't hate the playa...

Sep 27, 2015, 9:19 AM

history repeats itself on the 3rd of october, 2015 as the tigers roll with game day & all the world as witness.

can we get an AMEN!?!

and if we're lucky, shoeless puts together another well done tape coupled with pertinent music and a nice beat down we can all dance to.

lose yourselves in the moment gentlemens.

go tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: don't hate the playa...

Sep 27, 2015, 2:41 PM

AMEN! DW4 said, "you live to play in games like this".

All the more sweeter when at the last whistle it's Clemson 41, ND 9.

The greatest YAC in history , CJ WOW !***

Sep 27, 2015, 11:30 AM [ in reply to Re: Please remind me why Game Day coming to Clemson is good ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 27, 2015, 8:53 AM

I'll take that bet. It will likely be mentioned, but it will not be a point of focus.
ESPN has already mentioned that the winner will be in the driver's seat for the CFB playoffs. I think you took the wrong vitamins this morning. Please check, and have another cup of coffee.

Gameday @ Clemson is great. It means that nationally, Clemson is relevant. Whether pulled for or against... it is publicity

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 27, 2015, 8:58 AM

Yeah, but what if Corso pulls out a leprechaun head to put on? LOUser Holtz probably put him up to doing that.

Dang I hope I see a "63-17" sign somewhere in the crowd that day. With LOUser's name on it too. :)

When eSECpn mentions something and you hear what you

Sep 27, 2015, 9:15 AM [ in reply to Re: Please remind me why Game Day coming to Clemson is good ]

want to hear, you may be missing what the majority of the other eSECpners are saying on all the other channels.

Funny thing, I did forget my vitamins yesterday - Thanks for

Sep 27, 2015, 9:22 AM [ in reply to Re: Please remind me why Game Day coming to Clemson is good ]

heads up. I will be sure to take them this morning.

Sep 27, 2015, 8:54 AM

Based on the fact that the acc sucks, the conference deserves the bashing. That said, the mighty big10 is owned by Bowling Green. How many teams from the big10 have lost to that them. The big10 is at least as bad as the acc. My fear is that they are going to beat to death the last Game Day here against fsu. We got smoked in that game and apparently, we are only 2-6 in Game Day games.

the SEC is even worse than the ACC***

Sep 27, 2015, 11:18 AM

Bowling Green is to the Big10 as ECU is the ACC***

Sep 27, 2015, 2:08 PM [ in reply to Re: Please remind me why Game Day coming to Clemson is good ]

Sep 27, 2015, 9:03 AM
image.jpg(10.7 K)

I can see your point

However I think the more exposure we get the more our program grows. We have the opportunity to highlight our beautiful campus, our passionate fans, and our family. Recruits see this and they love it.

I will say it again it will be awesome if we all come together and hold up tiger paw signs at game day. Not witty signs or clever pics but everyone holding up tiger paws.

I hope I'm wrong and you are right.***

Sep 27, 2015, 9:16 AM

Re: I hope I'm wrong and you are right.***

Sep 27, 2015, 9:20 AM

I can definitely see how it could be a distraction for the players. I hope they can block that out and focus on the big picture. I'm sure they will. I think our recent experience in these big games will help Dabo get them prepped.

Dabo has done great, keeping the team focused

Sep 27, 2015, 3:42 PM

for our last three bowl games. I am confident he can keep them focused this week, also.

Sep 27, 2015, 9:06 AM

I understand it gives us publicitiy, but I'm pretty certain we can generate our own. We are Clemson. Gameday may be enjoyed by the fans but it IS a distraction to the players/coaches. ESuC is there most of week, interviewing the guys, taking their time away from preparing for ND. Luckily most of our guys can ignore the attention and stay focused on the game at hand, but it's more of a negative in my opinion.

Exactly***

Sep 27, 2015, 9:18 AM

deroberts says, "if you're skerd, get a dog"...***

Sep 27, 2015, 9:23 AM [ in reply to Re: Please remind me why Game Day coming to Clemson is good ]

Not needing eSECpn and being scared are 2 different things***

Sep 27, 2015, 10:02 AM

Re: Not needing eSECpn and being scared are 2 different things***

Sep 27, 2015, 10:05 AM

IS a distraction to the players/coaches. ESuC is there most of week, interviewing the guys, taking their time away from preparing for ND. Luckily most of our guys can ignore the attention and stay focused on the game at hand, but it's more of a negative in my opinion.

nah, that's skerd talk. gonna get the same in big bowl games or the playoffs, might as well sack up now and get it done on the field.

hey TiGER Fans..national attention at & to Clemson is worth $Millions & for recruiting too!

Sep 27, 2015, 10:15 AM

Please Wear Orange, show up at Bowman Field for GD with ??PAWs on signs, flags & banners..

And Chant 1234, 1234..C L E M in Cadence Count!

Git eR Done Taters! ??

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This post is the apex of crazy hatred of ESPN. Of course

Sep 27, 2015, 9:40 AM

it's good for the biggest show in college football, known for picking the biggest games, to be in Clemson.

1. It makes the country see that Clenson is relevant. We are the center of the college football universe for a day.
2. It exponentially increases the amount of people that are aware that we are a big-time program.
3. Recruits see that we are a big-time program capable of amplifying their exposure.
4. It's always a special atmosphere. It adds to the fun
5. It teaches more people about our traditions.
6. We finally have a chance to remove the humiliation of the last time FSU came to town.

Don't let emotional hatred keep you from seeing how good it is for Clemson to host College Gameday. Some people let conspiratorial grudges ruin an otherwise happy situation.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hope you're right - We'll see how it all plays out over time***

Sep 27, 2015, 10:00 AM

To me, it doesn't matter what ESPN does...

Sep 27, 2015, 10:22 AM

what matters is what CLEMSON does. We need to win the game, if only by 1 point, that's fine, but WIN! The last time they were here was not the norm for how CLEMSON plays, and we have an opportunity here to show it.

GO TIGERS!

Sep 27, 2015, 10:30 AM

Wake up your wife and argue with her.
If you don't see the benefit of game day......

Can't we ever just sit back and enjoy??***

Sep 27, 2015, 11:40 AM

GO TIGERS!!!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Agree and you forgot the worst part....

Sep 27, 2015, 12:25 PM

The inevitable discussion of Clemsoning. I will pass on Gameday. Respect and relevance is won and earned on the field. It isn't gained by what some dopey show with dopey hosts have to say. Go Tigers! Screw ESECPN!

If the media doesn't tell people about it, then winning is

Sep 27, 2015, 12:34 PM

worthless when it comes to national respect.

Can you name the Div II national champions over the last 5 years? They won... but TV people didn't care. Therefore, nobody knows.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That seems like a logical explanation.

Sep 27, 2015, 12:49 PM

Noone knows the Division 2 Champs. Okay. Again, I will give our program a little more credit than you are giving it and will depend on our play and performance to nationally make us a team people know and respect. I don't need ESECPN dressing us because they usually dress us down. Enjoy the Clemsoning talk, though. I will be tuning in at kickoff.

It's the big show for the weekend.

Sep 27, 2015, 12:51 PM

They are setting ND up for the playoff but we don't have to cooperate.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep and didn't even comment on that aspect.

Sep 27, 2015, 1:02 PM

Some of these folks think this Gameday is going to be about US?!? It will be a Notre Dame commercial on the Clemson campus. Paaaassss!

Re: Yep and didn't even comment on that aspect.

Sep 28, 2015, 8:55 AM

This is our chance to show all the recruits that are watching game day on Saturday morning all about our great fans and university. Clemson fans should show up big. We should also stop selling our tickets for $250 on stubhub to Irish fans. We need the stadium solid orange. Go Tigers.

The drum will turn

Sep 27, 2015, 12:57 PM

with wins over good football teams. Starting this Sat. Nuf said.

Guess what shuts them up

Sep 27, 2015, 1:46 PM

Winning. Keep winning and the badmouthinng will stop. Win 15 this year and who cares what they say.

The Students like it.

Sep 27, 2015, 2:41 PM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Props to you for posting something and then answering

Sep 27, 2015, 3:22 PM

other posts. I hate it when somebody posts something, somebody asks a question & the poster is no where to be found. Glad to see the board turn into an actual intelligent (in some instances) conversation.

Paw signs forever!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Si vis pacem, para bellum (if you want peace, prepare for war)
USMC 1980-83
-Camp Lejeune
-Beirut, Lebanon
SC National Guard 1983-2018

Also, if FSU wins out we might just have another Gameday

Sep 27, 2015, 3:23 PM

We have a real redemption chance in wining against the team that beat us so bad and have back to back winning Gamedays.

This Gameday is the first step. If this team meets its goals, and we have the talent to do it, we will have no problem getting in the playoff.

Anything can happen in college football. On a given day in college football any team can lose. I hope and pray we play to our talent and we get breaks when we are not at our best. This will be a great season whether we lose a game or two. I hope we win them all but we should be realistic about how hard that is to do.

I think we should be proud to have Gameday at Clemson. The only people agreeing with ESPN sec spin are the sec and the other conferences. If we win out we will be in the playoff.

If we beat ND pretty bad we should be in great position in the polls to get where we want to be. Any of the other ACC teams would love to host Gameday at their place.

I think we should be proud Clemson is Gameday worthy and we have an awesome football stadium, campus and tradition to show the world. This makes the Clemson education be that much more valuable.

Go Tigers!

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Replies: 38
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic