Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Be prepared. The San Francisco area has more homeless
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 33
| visibility 1

Be prepared. The San Francisco area has more homeless

Dec 31, 2018, 2:31 PM

people than the entire population of Greenville and Pickens counties combined.

There are almost 3/4 of a million homeless in the San Francisco area, the homeless mecca of the U.S.

In our last business trip to San Fran we had to run the panhandler gauntlet daily.

Not sure how close Santa Clara is to San Fran exactly, but I do know that a lot of former municipal buildings in the Northern Cali area have had to be converted to shelters to handle the homeless overflow.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Are they still letting the homeless poop on the street?

Dec 31, 2018, 2:39 PM

It might be like attending a football game in Columbia.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

With dignity.***

Dec 31, 2018, 2:41 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

The game is in Santa Clara not San Francisco

Dec 31, 2018, 2:48 PM

I live 4 miles from Levi's stadium and on a daily basis I rarely if ever see a single homeless person. It's more than 30 miles from downtown San Francisco. It's more common to see a homeless person in Myrtle Beach, SC (where I'm moving) than in the South Bay. Unless you go to very specific locations in downtown San Jose (downtown near the bike trails around SJ Sharks stadium where there are encampments), you won't see any either. San Francisco is a completely different place than Santa Clara/San Jose.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me.

Gotcha'. I see home of the 49ers, I think San Francisco.

Dec 31, 2018, 2:53 PM

But I see it is almost an hour away.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Re: The game is in Santa Clara not San Francisco

Dec 31, 2018, 2:57 PM [ in reply to The game is in Santa Clara not San Francisco ]

You see more tourist in Myrtle beach than homeless. I don’t remember seeing many homeless people in myrtle beach. You are more likely to see them in Greenville and Anderson than Myrtle.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The game is in Santa Clara not San Francisco

Jan 2, 2019, 8:50 PM

Myrtle Beach has turned into a ghetto. It's a shame really.

Myrtle Beach is repugnant

Jan 2, 2019, 8:53 PM

Disgusting, really.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Message removed by Author

Jan 2, 2019, 9:08 PM [ in reply to Re: The game is in Santa Clara not San Francisco ]

Message removed by Author

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm wondering if you know what that word means

Jan 2, 2019, 9:09 PM

No. Too much drugs and prostitution.

Re: I'm wondering if you know what that word means

Jan 2, 2019, 9:11 PM [ in reply to Message removed by Author ]

Too much violent crime and Too many shootings.

What’s bringing you back this way?

Jan 2, 2019, 9:43 PM [ in reply to The game is in Santa Clara not San Francisco ]

What profession?

Good luck with the move.

Go Tigers!

Re: Be prepared. The San Francisco area has more homeless

Dec 31, 2018, 2:58 PM

Take some OxyContin and a few needles with you in case you have to barter your way out of a tight spot

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 31, 2018, 3:44 PM

Used to live in SF. (It is an hour north of Levi's stadium in San Jose). It is a truly beautiful city, but be aware, it is an absolute magnet for the homeless and the mentally unstable.

See the Golden Gate bridge and drive it if you are renting a car.

Walk the city, but keep your head on a swivel. Ride the trolly, but avoid the bus or BART.

Pro tip: Don't use the term "San Fran" - say "SF" or "the City". "San Fran" pisses off the locals and makes you a mark for VERY aggressive panhandlers if overheard on the street.

Get a city map. Avoid the "tenderloin" and City Hall areas. Homeless magnets both.

This is NorCal not SoCal (LA or San Diego). Expect 50 - 60 degrees and rain/fog.

If you are a little adventurous drive Skyline Boulevard. It is a ridge road between the Bay and the Pacific Ocean. You can take all the way to San Jose. On a clear day, it can provide awesome views of both.

If you are staying in San Jose area, rent a car and go South to Carmel and/or Monterrey. Pebble Beach and Laguna Seca raceway are nearby if you are a golfer or a gear head.

If you're a Gamecock reading this, wear your team gear and visit the Castro District in SF. You'll be VERY popular and amazed at how friendly the locals will be. (ha ha)

Jan 2, 2019, 8:21 PM

You need to be careful, a certain segment on here resent anyone telling the truth about "The City" and how it sucks!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2019, 8:36 PM

If it is safe, be kind to a homeless person for me! My son went to almost every home game as a boy - slid down the hills in cardboard boxes - and loves clemson almost as much as I do. He is homeless near San Jose...

If it is safe, be kind to a homeless person for me! My son went to almost every home game as a boy - slid down the hills in cardboard boxes - and loves clemson almost as much as I do. He is homeless near San Jose...

Jan 2, 2019, 8:43 PM

If I were going I would. Instead I will remember your son whenever I meet the homeless elsewhere. Imagine that is very tough for you knowing he’s on the streets.

Jan 2, 2019, 8:38 PM

Spot on..

I tell everyone this and I mean it from my heart...San Fran is the sh*ttiest city in America and it’s a representation of their elected officials you see on TV

Only downside about playing for a national championship is that it’s near that dump.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

To be fair, not many cities can compare to Macon GA***

Jan 2, 2019, 8:49 PM

let me get this straight,

Jan 2, 2019, 8:46 PM

you make numerous business trips to San Francisco but you do not know where Santa Clara is?

Re: let me get this straight,

Jan 2, 2019, 8:50 PM

Good thing someone’s paying attention here.

Jan 2, 2019, 9:05 PM [ in reply to let me get this straight, ]

I go to Denver all the time on Business. I can tell you a lot about West Denver but I can't tell you anything about the Eastern suburbs.

Jan 2, 2019, 9:11 PM

well I actually believe you..

Jan 2, 2019, 9:05 PM

There’s no need to go to San Fran. San Jose is about 30 miles outside. We opted to spend our time in Napa, then head to the game on Monday. We will never step foot inside SF. SF at one time, was one of my favorite cities. It’s declined drastically under Democratic leadership over the past 10 years. Very sad.

When's the last time you were there?***

Jan 2, 2019, 9:17 PM

Re: When's the last time you were there?***

Jan 2, 2019, 9:29 PM

1/1/19

Jan 2, 2019, 9:13 PM

There are about 7500 homeless people in the city of San Francisco - actually down from around 8600 in 2004.

When did the populations of Greenville and Pickens County go down so much?

There are also around 550,000 total homeless in the U.S. - amazing that San Francisco alone can beat the entire U.S. homeless population.

https://projects.sfchronicle.com/sf-homeless/2018-state-of-homelessness/

Jan 2, 2019, 9:25 PM

Fake news!

Propaganda put out by Libs!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If anyone is spreading fake news and propaganda it's the OP

Jan 2, 2019, 9:32 PM

Re: If anyone is spreading fake news and propaganda it's the OP

Jan 2, 2019, 9:34 PM

It's humor, dude.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My meter might be broken***

Jan 2, 2019, 9:39 PM

Replies: 33
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic