Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The day after....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

The day after....

Sep 12, 2019, 6:54 AM

...I can remember sitting in my den still in disbelief as to what happened the day prior, 9/11/2001, in Manhatthan, NYC, Shanksville, PA and Arlington, VA. The shock had not wore off and I was still angry. The day before I had lost one of my very close friends on the 76th floor of tower 2 at the WTC. In the months following this horrific event, they never found his remains. I can remember on 9/12 the Country coming together and everyone wanting revenge on those who hurt us. I can remember going to the local Wal-Mart and every American flag being sold. There was not an American flag to be found for sale in this Country. Every car, every home, every business was flying Ole' Glory! I can remember the Country coming together as one in harmony. We were all brothers and sisters and the color of your skin, your sexual orientation, your political beliefs or your income level did not matter. CNN, Fox News, MSNBC were all Patriots and were all trying to figure out this act of hate. There were no Red States and there were no Blue States. There was only the United States. We all shared a common bound and we loved one another. I can remember calling my Mom and telling her I loved her because we, I, our Country still did not know what was still to come and we had no idea if a loved one would be taken from us. I remember taking a drive to no particular destination so I could clear my head. I remember driving by a local recruiting office and seeing a line out the door of men and women, old and young, lined up ready to serve. Patriotism on 9/12 was in full force. We were all Americans! We all wanted to help one another. We were all pi$$ed off and ready to fight for this great Country. We were all Patriots!

What happened on 9/11/2001 was disgusting, despicable, cowardly and forever changing. I wish our Country, our people, our businesses, our Government would regain that feeling of Patriotism and being pi$$ed off at bad people that want to kill us like we were on 9/12/2001. There was no room for political correctness on 9/12/2001. We were all banded together as one pi$$ed off Nation ready to roll. It shouldn't take another 9/11 for us all to come together as one again.

I love this Country as do you. We have got to come together and we have to stop hating each other and letting other Nations divide us. We have to remember we are all on the same team no matter what your skin color, religion or political belief is. We are Americans first!

Message was edited by: TattedCop®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Men at 25 play football. Men at 40 play tennis. Men at 60 play golf. Have you noticed as men get older their balls get smaller.

Re: The day after....

Sep 12, 2019, 7:12 AM

So True. I too wish we could all be civil to one another every day. My experience with others no matter race, religion or other beliefs is that I get along with most everyone. Today's Media whatever channel tries to divide us and that's just not the case in my real world. I don't think it is true in most communities either.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Truth but take it to P&R board***

Sep 12, 2019, 8:11 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Truth but take it to P&R board***

Sep 12, 2019, 8:16 AM

bengaline said:

How about I don't!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Men at 25 play football. Men at 40 play tennis. Men at 60 play golf. Have you noticed as men get older their balls get smaller.

It’s not a football topic, you will get more response

Sep 12, 2019, 8:18 AM

And discussion in the proper forum!

Re: It’s not a football topic, you will get more response

Sep 12, 2019, 8:47 AM

Yeah, I don't think so, whether I get responses or discussion does not matter to me.

POTD!!!!***

Sep 12, 2019, 5:14 PM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Saudis attacked us.

Sep 12, 2019, 5:49 PM

We invaded Iraq.

We gave billions of dollars to Saudi Arabia.

Sounds like political incorrectness to me.

Re: The day after....

Sep 12, 2019, 6:01 PM

Very true post, and indicative of how the times have changed in this country. If Trump had been President at the time, and did the exact same things President Bush did in response to the terror attacks, the "Never Trumpers" would have been shouting that every move was politically motivated. Congress would have gridlocked over the Patriot Act, grinding the country to a complete halt. Sad, but probably true.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic