Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The Wall standoff.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 343

The Wall standoff.

Feb 6, 2019, 8:15 AM

Seems like Pres T has backed off a ton. Not to mention the whole Mexico paying deal. But campaigning he was talking about big concrete wall all the way across the southern border. Now he's talking about a see-through steel "barrier" - not "from sea to shining sea" but in the right places.

Nancy thinks fencing is OK in the right places, along with tech solutions for most of the border.

I'm sure there's non-partisan border experts that can weigh in on places where a physical barrier makes sense- 25 miles, 200 miles, whatever the number is. That's a start. And seems like T would go for tech solutions in places, where it would help make the border more secure, esp ports of entry.

Nancy just doesn't want to give T one inch of anything that could be called wall, and T wants to look like he's winning. But they're ridiculously close to a win-win. Just do it and move on.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They just haven't totally figured out how

Feb 6, 2019, 8:19 AM

the right people can make money off the deal.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

winner winner chicken dinner***

Feb 6, 2019, 8:21 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"something in these hills..." -joe sherman

The President has backed off a good bit.

Feb 6, 2019, 8:22 AM

And rightfully so. That's how this is supposed to work. Hopefully Congress can come to a good agreement, and the President will sign it.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ironically - we would have called this a "Mexican standoff"

Feb 6, 2019, 9:55 AM

when I was a kid. (We can't call it that now, of course.)

Nancy should give T his "barrier" and ask for something huge in return.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 343
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic