Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The Swan
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1,230

The Swan

May 1, 2019, 3:18 PM

I never cease to be amazed how one's mind can function, either from a positive or negative standpoint. Several days ago I was leafing through a magazine and saw a photo of a beautiful swan. Wham !!!! My mind flashed back to sometime in 1951 while vacationing with the US Army in Korea, As if out of nowhere, I remembered seeing a swan in Korea. I don't recall even thinking about that swan until I saw that photo.

All I remember was about six or eight of us when we saw a beautiful swan sitting peacefully on a small pond. I don't remember where we were or why we were in that area. This was a few months after this area had been an active and fierce battleground. Every house and structure had been totally destroyed or seriously damaged. The North Korean Army had killed or captured every animal for their own use. How that lone swan was not among those that were killed or captured remains a mystery.

I don't remember any specific comments made by the others in our group but I would imagine their thoughts were similar to mine. Seeing that beautiful swan sitting majestically in that small pond amid all of those ruins seemed so out of place. It was a scene of peace and tranquility amid all of the horrors and destruction of war.

What is amazing to me is the fact I can still visualize that entire scene in detail after not having thought about it since it happened. What is even more amazing is my not being able to remember events of greater significance. Is that due to selective memory or selective recall?

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The Swan

May 1, 2019, 3:39 PM

they amaze me w their beauty and yet they dont get along w other birds. or even other swans except at date time

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 1, 2019, 4:15 PM

and taste like chicken!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 1, 2019, 3:43 PM

Funny thing the mind is. Never shuts off but doesn’t always work exactly like we want it to.
Another great story Joe!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 3
| visibility 1,230
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic