Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Kelly B gonna be Kelly B.....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

Kelly B gonna be Kelly B.....

Dec 4, 2018, 10:28 PM

Quite frankly, I'm still not sure where I fall on the whole Kelly B transfer thing. He was down to his last year and had to make a decision that he felt was best for his future. I personally don't like the idea of leaving your team in the middle of the season, but I was not in his shoes. He gave a lot to Clemson, so I guess I come down to wishing him the best, but also wish he would have handled it differently without some of the comments.

However, those comparing KB and Hurts are missing a HUGE difference.....Hurts can still transfer at the end of this year and play another year in college. KB did not have that option. It is not an apples to apples comparison. That being said, I was very happy for Jalen to see his decision pay off for him last weekend.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Show Me State is a good fit. He showed everyone

Dec 4, 2018, 10:30 PM

how to be a quitter.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The Show Me State is a good fit. He showed everyone

Dec 4, 2018, 10:43 PM

Amen

Dec 5, 2018, 10:10 AM

Uranus

Thank God Tommy Bowden was a quitter

Dec 5, 2018, 7:09 AM [ in reply to The Show Me State is a good fit. He showed everyone ]

If he had stayed for all of 2008, Dabo would not be our coach.

If Kelly had stayed, we would not have a battle tested, effective backup QB in Chase Brice.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 5, 2018, 8:21 AM [ in reply to The Show Me State is a good fit. He showed everyone ]

classless post

Just like TNet showing everyone how classless they can be***

Dec 5, 2018, 10:05 AM [ in reply to The Show Me State is a good fit. He showed everyone ]

Re: Kelly B gonna be Kelly B.....

Dec 4, 2018, 10:46 PM

I view this in a completely different way. I think KB was the best and most giving among his teammates. He voluntarily gave up his position on the offense so that Lawrence could take the team to higher heights, 13-0 and another possible championship. What a personal sacrifice he made!

Who? Never heard of her.***

Dec 4, 2018, 10:51 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 4, 2018, 11:16 PM

Good Luck to KB2. His leaving, other than him saying he wasn't treated fairly, did not effect this 2018 Tiger team one bit. It opened the door for the fans to see what Kelly saw each day in practice; that Trevor Lawrence is a much more complete football player.

Good Luck to Kelly with the new Tigers. I hope they pound the Coots Sept. 21 in Columbia, MO.

Dec 4, 2018, 11:50 PM

Though tough for many to swallow around here he made the right decision. It would have helped if he hadn't burned 4/4 of his games when it all went down. If he had stayed we would have wasted his last year to beat Cuse and prolonged the Trevor vs KB experiment.

We have a better QB IMO and our backup is more than capable.

Dec 5, 2018, 12:02 AM

Our backup is better than Kelly

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Dec 5, 2018, 1:18 AM

He had no choice, he knew after TL started he would most likely never take another snap here and had to move on. Probably time we all move on too. I wish him the best at Missouri.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He did have one choice...

Dec 5, 2018, 7:35 AM

...he could have handled the situation with dignity. The day will come in his life when he wishes he had.

He left Clemson at the right time both for him and the team. The team is much better off at this point than if he had stayed. I'm sure Dabo would have continued the "revolving door" two QB system, and I'm NOT a fan of that. Instead, we have a seasoned true freshman QB who does NOT look like a freshman (most of the time), and a backup with the necessary experience to come in when necessary and get the job done. We're much further along than if KB had stayed with the team.

I just wish KB had tried out some alternatives-- like TE, LB, Nickel Back, Slot WR-- that would have given him a chance to play in the NFL, JMO. I really don't think he'll ever take a snap at QB.

I appreciate what Kelly "gave" to Clemson, and wish him well.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree. One can debate going vs staying, but assuming that

Dec 5, 2018, 9:06 AM

going was the right thing to do, it appears as though he didn't handle it well. He and Dabo have not spoken (according to them) since the day he walked off practice (or the meeting, or whatever it was he left). Then there are the 'slap in the face' comments. Bryant appears to have not merely left but burned bridges on the way out. The decision might have been fine, but the execution was not good, apparently.

If Dabo is as he appears to be, all Bryant has to do is reach out and say, "Hey, I didn't handle that right", and it will be like nothing wrong ever happened. And that would be a great thing, because except for this incident Bryant appears to be a wonderful guy.

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic