Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The PORTAL must go away!!!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

The PORTAL must go away!!!

Jun 5, 2019, 10:23 PM

I get that we live in a disposable world and everyone wants to be a free agent. But, enough is enough. Loyalty and commitment must reign supreme!

Ban the PORTAL!!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The transfer portal needs to enter the transfer portal.***

Jun 5, 2019, 11:10 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The transfer portal needs to enter the transfer portal.***

Jun 6, 2019, 12:39 AM

Speaking of things entering other things , has anyone heard from bob today ?

I bet he'd like to chime in on the unfairness of portals .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

I think you mean Port-a-johns.. remember that time we

Jun 6, 2019, 1:55 AM

flipped Bob's port-a-john over at the tigernet social? MAN, those were the days

LOL Bengal!!! Good one! (nm)

Jun 7, 2019, 12:33 PM [ in reply to The transfer portal needs to enter the transfer portal.*** ]

nm

I just don’t know if it’s effecting is as bad as people think it is.

Jun 6, 2019, 9:12 AM

We are getting who we want and the most competitive are staying. I think that Dabo has built a culture that most understand and want to stay a part of. Our starters aren’t the ones transferring. KB knew he was getting beat out. Feaster knows he isn’t the feature back and others are nipping at his heels. Though I will say I loved watching feaster and hoped to watch more. He was quick enough to take it to the house on most plays if blocks broke the right way. We aren’t losing a Trevor Lawrence or Travis Etienne. Most/all people in our world are transferring to a less competitive team.

Message was edited by: lovingit®

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Its not. Its just that every one is major news. Every transf

Jun 6, 2019, 9:50 AM

er has its own article and is made into something because these usually happen during the Off-season

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Re: The PORTAL must go away!!!

Jun 6, 2019, 9:32 AM

As long as coaches get to leave whenever they want, players should be able to. The coaches incur a penalty (buyout) and the players should have to sit out a year. What should not be allowed under any circumstances is the school dictating where a player can transfer to.

Jun 6, 2019, 9:56 AM

Why shouldn't a school be able to dictate it? Have you ever heard of a Non Compete Clause?

Jun 7, 2019, 12:30 PM

Are the players professionals or not? You seem to be confused. You want to treat the players like employees, then the school has to open up the wallet. Plus coaches don't have the same non-compete clause, and they ARE employees.

A contract doesn't require employees, neither do laws,

Jun 7, 2019, 12:34 PM

bylaws, rules or guidelines; that's as stupid a thing as I've read on TigerNet.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 7, 2019, 12:58 PM [ in reply to Re: The PORTAL must go away!!! ]

Have you ever heard of a non complete clause in sports though? Coaches have buyouts, but I've never heard of any contract stating they must sit out for a year if they change schools, or that they aren't allowed to go to certain schools. Dabo has a higher buyout if he goes to Bama, but there's nothing preventing him from going there, and it's the other school that ends up paying the buyout for the coaches anyway.

Jun 7, 2019, 1:19 PM [ in reply to Re: The PORTAL must go away!!! ]

Not the same. You can transfer and leave your team in a very awkward position depth wise. That doesn't happen if a coach leaves after a season.

Jun 7, 2019, 1:01 PM

I personally think people are freaking out too much over the transfer portal. Players have always transferred. The only real difference is that now a graduate can transfer anywhere without having to sit out a year. If a non graduate wanted to transfer then he'd still have to sit out a year just like Johnson had to last year, which is the same as it's always been.

In fact, it's always been so common that coaches and fans would count on 2-3 happening per year in order to open up extra spots for incoming recruits.

Jun 7, 2019, 1:05 PM

As far as loyalty goes. It's funny to me how every time a player transfers, fans bash them, say they're afraid of competing, and have no loyalty, but coaches don't get that same treatment at all.

I don't recall seeing anyone on here say Brent Venables was scared of competing for his DC job at Oklahoma when he was named co-defensive coordinator, and I don't remember seeing anyone say he had no loyalty for leaving them for us.

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic