Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Can't top this ######!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

Can't top this ######!

Aug 5, 2019, 5:16 PM

I love the purity that is collegiate hoops! I. Love. It.!

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/27327491/no-1-2020-prospect-mobley-commits-usc

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Can't top this ######!

Aug 5, 2019, 5:23 PM

Sounds legit. Ship it!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 5, 2019, 5:25 PM

I must be missing something.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL, the father was hired as an assistant coach at So. Cal

Aug 5, 2019, 5:27 PM

in March of 2018 with absolutely ZERO prior collegiate coaching experience.

Gee I wonder why !?!?!?!

I dunno...I'm just spitballing here but maybe it was because he had two sons who were both five star prospects. One (Isaiah Mobley) committed two months after dear old dad was hired by the Trojans and the other one (Evan Mobley) committee today.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

I don't think the experience factor is really a big deal....

Aug 5, 2019, 5:34 PM

the only way to get experience for any job is the get a job, someone or program will have to be the first to hire a coach with zero experience...

it's amazing for me that the NCAA closed that loophole for football but left it open for basketball; if that ain't talking out of both sides of your mouth... geesh...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How frequently do you see a Division 1 program...

Aug 5, 2019, 5:55 PM

hire assistant coaches with absolutely no collegiate coaching experience.

This guy was hired for one reason and one reason only. Well...two reasons and his experience, or lack thereof, was not one of them.

No wonder college basketball is so corrupt. The NCAA is a bunch of enablers.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

it happens a lot more than we know

Aug 6, 2019, 10:32 AM

and is reported... the only reason why this has made this much news (and really, it's just one article) is because we are talking about one of the top recruits for the upcoming class AND the fact that SoCal pulled it off TWICE. this was just a blip on the wire when the dad was actually hired and his first son signed... it has only gotten this much attention because now the 2nd more highly regarded son is signing with dear ole dad and SoCal...

I remember when the dad and 1st son made their move, but that story lasted about as long as it takes ETN to break into the open and take it to the end zone...

don't misconstrue my thoughts about this because the ncaa should close that loophole for basketball just like they closed the football loophole that Daddy and Baby Bentley exploited, and Muschamp was trying to exploit with KJ Henry and his dad...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

and other teams get ncaa violations for giving recruits too

Aug 5, 2019, 7:32 PM [ in reply to LOL, the father was hired as an assistant coach at So. Cal ]

Much pasta

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dessert. Two to be exact. You can get pie a la mode..but, if

Aug 5, 2019, 8:19 PM

you order the pie, and then decide you want ice cream to go with it....that is a mortal sin.

If the NCAA won't close that loophole for bball like the did

Aug 5, 2019, 5:30 PM

for football, there is no need to put restrictions on your own program when rivals and others are using the loophole... all's fair in that war unfortunately...

Aug 5, 2019, 5:45 PM

The father favors our DT coach! We missed the boat on hiring the dad or we’d be looking at a final 4. After playing so great with a gold USA medal over the summer I look for at least a final 16 again under the best men’s head basketball ?? coach we have!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

The NCAA doesn’t care about cheating in basketball,

Aug 5, 2019, 7:29 PM

If they try to crack down on the top prospects, they’ll just sign a 6 figure one year deal in Europe. The CBS/NCAA March Madness contract is the most lucrative in sports and it funds all the high salaries in Indianapolis. The NCAA can’t have players like Zion Williams playing in Europe, so they allow Duke, UNC, and others to buy players.

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic