Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The Crouch situation really
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

The Crouch situation really

Dec 21, 2018, 4:21 PM

took me by surprise. About a week ago, I felt he was a big get for us. Then earlier this week everything seemed to change. Still, I wasn't really convinced and felt like we would still get him. Now, it appears the writing is on the wall and that possibly our coaching staff was misled.

Anyway, Tuesday evening is when I finally began to believe he was not going to come here. THe night before signing day, I felt that if we got Tyler Davis and William Putnam, it would make the Crouch situation more bearable. And there was no guarantee we would get Davis and Putnam. We not only got them, but we got glowing reports from their family members that had been through the process with them. What Putnam's father had to say is better than any advertisement we could have.

I also think it is odd that Crouch was going to wait until January 5th and now suddenly he;s announcing tonight. I wonder if he wanted our staff to think he was going to announce for us at the all star game and then pull a surprise and sign with Tennessee. Just not sure what happened here.

Oh well, you can't complain about #6 ESPN, #5 247/Scout and #5 Rivals. Can't complain at all.

Maybe Tennessee can close the gap with Vanderbilt and stay within 25 points next year and prevent the 4-peat.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The Crouch situation really

Dec 21, 2018, 4:27 PM

Good luck to him. If life is about choices then his choice will lead him to mediocrity. Good for him!

Dec 21, 2018, 4:56 PM

Strange about Crouch. He's starting to appear a bit unstable,which if true we don't need him at Clemson. But then,I heard somewhere online that he was going to commit to Clemson. Not sure with all of these machinations, that we really want him. Why would he be pulling this prima donna act? Mellusi is better.

Dec 21, 2018, 5:03 PM

I don't claim to have any insight behind the scenes, just some general thoughts.

Back in the Summer, I didn't think there was a better player in the country.
Seem to be the number 1 player on the priority list. But probably like some
of you, as the season wore on. Things began to change. And I wonder if his recruit-
ment was even nessicary.
Ok, from what I can gather. He didn't play much in 018, if any- right?
Then, there's the question- What is he...a LB.....A DE....or a RB?
Honestly, I think he needs to discover that fairly soon. Hopefully all the negative
hype isn't true. I wish him the best, but he just doesn't seem to be a Clemson guy.
Lets move on.

I would love for you to be right, but I

Dec 21, 2018, 5:14 PM [ in reply to Re: The Crouch situation really ]

am pretty sure he is not announcing to Clemson tonight.

Dec 21, 2018, 5:07 PM

took me by surprise. About a week ago, I felt he was a big get for us. Then earlier this week everything seemed to change. Still, I wasn't really convinced and felt like we would still get him. Now, it appears the writing is on the wall and that possibly our coaching staff was misled.

Anyway, Tuesday evening is when I finally began to believe he was not going to come here. THe night before signing day, I felt that if we got Tyler Davis and William Putnam, it would make the Crouch situation more bearable. And there was no guarantee we would get Davis and Putnam. We not only got them, but we got glowing reports from their family members that had been through the process with them. What Putnam's father had to say is better than any advertisement we could have.

I also think it is odd that Crouch was going to wait until January 5th and now suddenly he;s announcing tonight. I wonder if he wanted our staff to think he was going to announce for us at the all star game and then pull a surprise and sign with Tennessee. Just not sure what happened here.

Oh well, you can't complain about #6 ESPN, #5 247/Scout and #5 Rivals. Can't complain at all.

Maybe Tennessee can close the gap with Vanderbilt and stay within 25 points next year and prevent the 4-peat.

Oh well. If he want to be a Vol thats cool. If be wants to be a Clemson Tiger...great. I dont care either way. The program has grown way past worrying about things like that.

Dec 21, 2018, 5:13 PM

Nailed it. I feel the same way. If there was any indication that this young man wasn't going to be "All In", I am sure that Dabo certainly wasn't going to try and talk him into it. William Putnam showed great maturity by basically cutting off talking to coaches a week ago because he did not want any last minute emotional appeal to influence his decision. Very admirable, much like guys like Deshaun Watson, Frank Ladson, etc. who made their decisions early and stuck with them. If he goes to UT, I wish him the best of luck .... especially against the Coots!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

regardless

Dec 21, 2018, 5:15 PM [ in reply to Re: The Crouch situation really ]

He is going to make someone a top notch player. I have no idea how his injury affects his performance on the field but prior to the injury, many thought him to be among the country’s best. I hope Clemson gets him because I understand that he is a super youngster on and off the field..... and coach S likes kids like that!

Re: regardless

Dec 21, 2018, 7:38 PM

Good. Hopefully it is TN if he isn't a Tiger. They will never be a factor anyway. I couldn't care less where he goes. If he becomes a Tiger that is great, if not, meh.

Re: regardless

Dec 21, 2018, 7:41 PM

Just noticed that he is a Vol. I hope he does well. Good luck, but who cares.. We will never play TN.

Not sure I've ever known less

Dec 21, 2018, 7:45 PM [ in reply to Re: regardless ]

About a highly rated/starred player than Crouch. All I know is what I've read and, with his injury, he played very little this season. In short, whatever talent he has is essentially hearsay to me. He may outstanding...somewhere in the middle, or a flop. The future will tell, but from my perspective, aside from the TNet chatter, I've never considered him a viable recruit.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Not sure I've ever known less

Dec 21, 2018, 7:47 PM

Plus he was probably was a full grown man in 8th grade and everyone is still growing.

Dec 21, 2018, 8:22 PM

Things like this don't bother me. I always feel things work out for the best . ,. . here too.

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic