Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Who owns the trademark rights to “All In”
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1

Who owns the trademark rights to “All In”

Aug 15, 2019, 6:42 PM

Or is it trademarked?

Wondering in the rare case IF Dabo wasn’t our coach someday in the future, would Clemson keep the “All In” slogan or would it die with Dabo leaving/retiring?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Who owns the trademark rights to “All In”

Aug 15, 2019, 6:49 PM

Guy from Anderson that I knew owns the trademark to "all In". Just cant recall his name at present. Senior moment I guess, but he gave me a good bit of All In merchandise when I did business with him.

The Caddies Union at Bushwood Country Club

Aug 15, 2019, 6:51 PM

They trademarked it after their first pool privilege day.

Not a lawyer, but my guess is that trademark

Aug 15, 2019, 7:29 PM

law wouldn't apply to a term used as a slogan, if that slogan is not used as a representation of the user. IE, All In is not used as a name or logo for Clemson, so is not being used as a trademark. Notre Dame does not likely have to register, and probably can't, "Play like a champion today."

However, a distinctive look of those phrases can be trademarked. The letter "W" cannot be trademarked, obviously, but the "Swinging W" (no pigs) logo of Univ of Wisconsin is trademarked, and I think Barry Alvarez owns it. Who said football coaches are dumb? This would be like our tiger paw, which is protected only in a certain look, which means high schools everywhere can use a tiger paw, but that that specific one.

We're clear, I think.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Not a lawyer, but my guess is that trademark

Aug 15, 2019, 11:03 PM

"Can't we all just get along...?" I heard recently that NewSpring is about to trademark the term "superfund" - Haha! But really, fans need to "get a grip" on both the reality and history of American culture. Social Media has changed not only our perception of reality, but our very thought processes as well. And unfortunately (in my opinion - and I too participate...), it's here to stay. But always...

Go Tigers!!!

Replies: 4
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic