Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The Bama players & fans talk about TL’s 50-50 (off the mark) throws.. but wish they
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

The Bama players & fans talk about TL’s 50-50 (off the mark) throws.. but wish they

Feb 11, 2019, 9:50 PM

could be truthful in that his long throw to Tee Higgins that set up ETN’s 1st TD run later was a bullet under duress & flew 43 yds as straight as an arrow into Tee’s hands with him in full stride..thus not a 50-50 ball.

Another example of a right into your hands pass, under duress, was the rifle pass (high a bit just to get it over LB guarding 5 yd line & knowing Tee was 6’5 & could stand the extra couple of inches).

And on & on those on-target passes flew from TL.

Believe the 50-50 talk was aimed more at the insane passes taken in by Ross, but even those passes were just where only he could get them & near sidelines.

Saying, how shameful & overall untruthful are these losing pundits.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The Bama players & fans talk about TL’s 50-50 (off the mark) throws.. but wish they

Feb 11, 2019, 10:04 PM

Green with envy they are. Lawrence is more of the real deal than I thought possible for a freshman. And he's got great players around him which will make him even more effective.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The Bama players & fans talk about TL’s 50-50 (off the mark) throws.. but wish they

Feb 11, 2019, 10:07 PM

They ain't uncatchable... if you catch 'em!

Go Tigers!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 11, 2019, 10:14 PM

Exactly! Thank you!

If Trevor was throwing nothing but 50-50 passes...

Feb 11, 2019, 10:23 PM

why did our receivers catch 347 yards worth and their defense didn't catch a single one of them?

Bill, you stress way too much for a man your age.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 11, 2019, 10:32 PM

It's just the media's way of backhanding us. They don't want to give credit where credit is due. It's always "yeah but" this and "but" that. "Trevor Lawrence played great 'but' it's really his receivers that bailed him out" I'm sick of it. Honestly, the over the shoulder ball to Ross was a DIME. It was perfectly placed. Only reason it was a "Circus catch" is because Justyn's other arm was being held so he was forced to make a 1 handed catch. Amazing catch, but still a perfectly placed ball. As for the one handed catch on the sideline, Lawrence was under heavy pressure and got rid of it probably a 1/2 second before he was supposed to on purpose. He got hit as he threw it and still put it within Justyn's catch radius. They can say whatever they want, but I'd take TL16 over every other QB in the nation and so will the NFL after he wins back to back to back Nattys at Clemson.

Feb 11, 2019, 10:49 PM

Bingo on the holding of the left arm.

Ross was trying to catch it with one hand.

Feb 12, 2019, 8:52 AM [ in reply to Re: The Bama players & fans talk about TL’s 50-50 (off the mark) throws.. but wish they ]

Watch it again. His hand was free way more than enough to use to secure the ball. He waiting until after he nearly let it get away to secure it. I'm not complaining. It was clear he was fully aware of what he was doing and not taking too much risk.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 11, 2019, 10:50 PM

I think the only 50-50 ball was the screen in the flat that Anfernee Jennings (#33) got a hand on and he and Feaster had a chance at it with Feaster following it in.

50-50 indicates that either player could catch it.

Feb 12, 2019, 8:56 AM

Maybe I'm missing something but the defender had his back turned and the ball was way over his head. He could never have turned and jumped to make that catch. If a defender is slightly out of place he's not catching one of Trevor's rocket shots. If defenders had hands that good they'd be on the other side of the ball.

If they are 50/50 then doesn't that mean

Feb 11, 2019, 10:54 PM

we either didn't catch or Bama intercepted 50% of TL's passes?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You can't interject logic and common sense...

Feb 12, 2019, 12:01 AM

in a discusion with a bunch of deluded, whiney, candy a$$, excuse making $-EZ homers.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

That's what they're implying, but the truth is his 50-50

Feb 12, 2019, 7:18 AM [ in reply to If they are 50/50 then doesn't that mean ]

balls mean we have a chance of a TD on every other pass from him.

At WRU, 50:50 passes are 80:20 Tiger completions!***

Feb 11, 2019, 11:37 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 12, 2019, 12:54 AM

Most of them were purposely thrown high because our receivers can go up and catch them. Their secondary can't reach them. That's too simple for them not to realize what was actually happening. They know 50/50 is just another ridiculous excuse. Bama certainly has become a bunch of whiners and weaklings. They truly sound like losers--something I didn't think I would ever say about them. It's one thing to lose a game, another to actually become losers.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Feb 12, 2019, 6:07 AM

It's embarrassing when people who should know better (the players I mean, the fans are beyond hope) talk such b***ocks. To not know the difference between a 50/50 throw, and one that is difficult but can only be caught by the Receiver shows a lack of understanding beyond belief.

I find it difficult to believe that they truly think this, and are just so hurt from the defeat, that they are clutching at straws for excuses.

Sore losers...alabama

Feb 12, 2019, 4:06 AM

So this is what sore losers look like.

This is the pit for Bama fans.

Feb 12, 2019, 9:02 AM

They are suffering the miry clay, the quicksand and the bank to climb out is steep and far away. The misery they wear daily is a pleasure after all the ESPiN hype about GOAT this and GOAT that. Every component of the program had seen that label after SEC this and SEC that, standard this and standard that. Sick putrid bile from sick putrid fans so full of themselves they can't breathe.

Nothing could serve them more than a dose of humility which they will get double in the coming season. Their program is going to fall into the obis of mediocrity.

Feb 12, 2019, 6:58 AM

The only pass of any significance I would consider somewhat 50/50 is the one handed Ross catch on the sideline and Lawrence still put it in a pretty good spot considering the pressure he was under. The idea he was just throwing stuff and hoping for the best all night is utter nonsense. That kind of QB play doesn't get you near universal praise as the most pro ready QB in college football.

The defender never got turned too see the ball.

Feb 12, 2019, 9:11 AM
2.28mark.JPG(79.6 K)

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic