Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
And the excuses continue:
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

And the excuses continue:

Apr 12, 2019, 8:28 PM

So Tua said on Finebaum that Alabama lost because they felt entitled. I guess they were entitled: entitled to a good ole @$$ whooping!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: And the excuses continue:

Apr 12, 2019, 9:49 PM

he was entitled to read the pass defense but coudnt do it. They got stomped. All the pregame media love didnt help them but a championship team doesnt fall for that. And as we showed we didnt

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 12, 2019, 10:04 PM

Wow Tua - just wow!! What number is this in Bama's litany of excuses?!?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Roll Tide. Roll'em out Tide!***

Apr 12, 2019, 11:00 PM

Apr 13, 2019, 3:18 AM [ in reply to Re: And the excuses continue: ]

He’s is regurgitating what he has been told. But I don’t even understand the logic behind the statement. It is a weird excuse

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 12, 2019, 10:24 PM

The biggest reason for their bloated sense of entitlement was interviewing him .
If Paul Finebaum's head were any farther up football Alabama's rectum he'd have to do his interviews by sign language .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Apr 12, 2019, 10:56 PM

I would say that he's probably right to some extent . Obviously they have been crowned the kings of the football world for a long time .

It would make sense to me that they eventually started to read their own press clippings and to believe them .

They had generally led everyone else they played , so when they ran into the Clemson Buzzsaw , Bama couldn't handle it . They were in shock .

They lost because we were better , although they came into the game with a sense of entitlement . What is wrong with his statement ?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 12, 2019, 11:42 PM

They were punch for punch through the first quarter and half of the second quarter . If they'd lost because they thought they would win just by their presence they certainly didn't show that in the first half .
No , what that statement does is de-emphasize what Clemson did to them . It says that somehow they weren't as prepared because of a false sense of superiority .
After they hit that field goal in the second to take the lead for a second time that narrarive falls apart .
The effort WAS there . They WANTED it just as bad as we did . They just weren't better than Clemson , and the last 2 and a half quarters put that fact on film .

DB23

Apr 13, 2019, 12:13 AM

I told my Bama friend pretty much what Tua said: that the players and coaches (at least the assistants) had swallowed the rat poison.

Saban panicked in his in-game decision-making because he knew his team wasn't ready to go toe-to-toe with us like the teams that played Watson.

This Bama team wasn't tough. They were brittle as a southern pine in the Hugo wind.
Saban knew it.

Tua is simply focussing on the aspects he can change. A top athlete cannot go into his next competition hoping his opponent doesn't do what the last guy did. He will. It's the nature of sports. Tua's job is to either keep him from it, or respond better. So i don't see his "excuse" as denial that Clemson was better. Just like when Dabo says we're the only team that can beat us, that's how Bama feels.

I really feel like the kingship of College Football has changed, but the Tigers are going to have to prove it on the field. Again. I'm fine with that.

The Bama Book of Excuses--available soon

Apr 13, 2019, 12:23 AM

Warning: Could cause mental exhaustion

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Re: The Bama Book of Excuses--available soon

Apr 13, 2019, 12:30 AM

We'll just have to keep whipping that elephant's ### till they run out of excuses .

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The Bama Book of Excuses--available soon

Apr 13, 2019, 12:43 AM

If you go back and watch Sabin's pre-kickoff on field comments he said that he was concerned about whether or not they could cover our receivers deep. He knew before the game even started that they were in trouble.

Then Dabo said something I don't recall ever hearing him say before in any previous pre-kickoff comments which was "dominate" which we did.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 13, 2019, 3:27 AM

How many more excuses?

To be honest, I like it that they're going down the road of making excuses. It means that they're not facing up to the fact that they were beaten by a better team, and are therefore not working on ways to improve, and become better than Clemson.

Whilst they continue to make excuses, they'll never put in the work needed to challenge us. Long may it continue.

Apr 13, 2019, 7:36 AM

That night I saw something I never thought I would see, Clemson broke their will. Plain and simple, Alabama quit when they got punched in the face. Maybe Alabama was too much of a finesse team, because Clemson was obviously the aggressor that night.

Apr 13, 2019, 8:46 AM

He said that he is a Christian therefore, he should know that the Bible speaks about "that pride comes before the fall".

Apr 13, 2019, 9:09 AM

Tua got two a$$ whoopin’ that night. The one from Clemson and the one his dad gave him after the game. Kid probably still can’t sit down yet.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My TU to you H4H is for

Apr 13, 2019, 10:06 AM

my desire to never listen/watch finebum, and to continue to receive these bits of G2 to reinforce that desire, courtesy of poasters such as yourself, who ‘take one’ for us other tnetters.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic