Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Overheard at ACC Kickoff
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 2,817

Overheard at ACC Kickoff

Jul 17, 2019, 10:11 AM

Sat down to breakfast and two other media types were sitting there....one looked at the other and said, "When does Clemson go today? Are they last?" When he was told they do go last, he said, "That's a great move by the ACC. If they went first you would see a mass exodus when they were done, and the league doesn't want that."

badge-seniorwriter.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The ACC can kiss my

Jul 17, 2019, 10:16 AM

grits.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Swofford knows how to play the system.***

Jul 17, 2019, 10:19 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Swofford knows how to play the system

Jul 17, 2019, 10:48 AM

Swoff needs to work the ohine for cable providers. His 5 years of aimless dithering and delay are over.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Overheard at ACC Kickoff

Jul 17, 2019, 10:28 AM

It's shocking to see how far the league has fallen off in just a couple of seasons.

With FSU, Louisville, Miami, and Va. Tech all being down simultaneously the perception of the ACC is in the dumper. The rest of the league is very competitive, but outside of Clemson, there isn't a top -15 team anywhere on the horizon. Of course, sharing geography with the SEC always shines a very bright light on ACC football and creates unique dynamic other leagues don't have to contend with.

That being said, when a football conference that has 3-4 of its top 5 bell-cows simultaneously flirting with .500 records is going to have a perception problem.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 17, 2019, 11:52 AM

But, but...they're just beating each other up!

It's parity! The conference is equally strong top-to-bottom (after Clemson)...

Aren't those what the SEC says?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 17, 2019, 9:30 PM

Exactly.

The difference is the media always propping up the SEC. It all starts with undeserved pre-season rankings, mixed with large sold-out stadiums, "historically" relevant football programs (outside of South Carolina, Vandy, and UK) and undeserved media hype. The SEC EAST was a complete dumpster fire for half a decade that nobody wanted to talk about...lol! It's currently about as tough as the ACC Atlantic and all those morons want to talk about is how easy Clemson's schedule is? Haha.....you can't make this stuff up!!!

They're ALL living in denial.

I'll be honest, I was skeptical that Clemson would have the necessary focus to repeat as National Champions a few weeks ago. I'm no longer worried. I think all of the ACC-bashing and excuses coming out of 'Bama about last year's NC game have made Dabo's job much easier.

I expect this year's team to play with a chip on their shoulder the size of Texas and fully expect Clemson to curb-stomp 'Bama again if we get the opportunity.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The host never serves dessert first . . .

Jul 17, 2019, 10:35 AM

Even though many of us would prefer they do . . .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The host never serves dessert first . . .

Jul 17, 2019, 11:13 AM

Yep - would make sure there is plenty of room !! -:D

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Jul 17, 2019, 11:30 AM

So nobody asked "When does Swofford go?"? - "go" as in "get fired". Sounds like we have some slackers that do not man up and ask the pertinent questions.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 17, 2019, 12:03 PM

Remember ESPN came up with this idea of an east coast ACC for TV ratings due to the large population up there. I can't argue with the strategy, but without us the strategy would fail. We should get more compensation for carrying the ball or....

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 2,817
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic