Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So a coot buddy tells me Jackie Bentley won the $EC
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 4,331

So a coot buddy tells me Jackie Bentley won the $EC

Jun 14, 2018, 2:14 PM

Sportsmanship award, lol....

https://twitter.com/Scott_Charlton/status/909247051766157312?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.aseaofblue.com%2F2017%2F9%2F17%2F16322096%2Fjake-bentley-coach-k-duke-flop-kentucky-wildcats

Speaks volumes about the $EC. I guess cockflopping just means more.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Why is flopping bad sportsmanship?***

Jun 14, 2018, 2:16 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why is flopping bad sportsmanship?***

Jun 14, 2018, 2:24 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=487HCnT9SEg

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

I suppose it might just be me

Jun 14, 2018, 3:15 PM [ in reply to Why is flopping bad sportsmanship?*** ]

But I think there's a pretty clear line between making sure a ref sees a penalty by acting fouled when you are fouled, and inventing a foul out of whole cloth like he did on at least 3 occasions in the linked video.

It's poor sportsmanship (at least in my estimation) to try and get a penalty by pretending you were hit and then yelling at the ref to call the foul when clearly there was no foul. Now, if you want to try to argue that he *thought* he had been hit hard enough to act like he'd been shot then perhaps that wouldn't be poor sportsmanship and rather just him being an idiot with no grasp on reality. To me it's one or the other (or, I suppose, maybe both).

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't make that distinction. Trying to win is trying to

Jun 14, 2018, 3:51 PM

win. Some of the best winners ever were great floppers, Bird, Jordan, Lebron, etc.

I think it's the same as a catcher framing a pitch or a WR/DB trying to make a trap look like a catch or an OL trying to make holding look like a non-hold.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Joseph. Joseph. Joseph.*******

Jun 14, 2018, 4:11 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Joseph. Joseph. Joseph.**********

Jun 14, 2018, 7:56 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jake's flopping is like framing a pitch??

Jun 14, 2018, 4:15 PM [ in reply to I don't make that distinction. Trying to win is trying to ]

You cannot be serious.

Can you?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LIke framing a pitch very badly.***

Jun 14, 2018, 4:23 PM

LOL. Who are the top 10 QB Flippers of All Time

Jun 14, 2018, 4:19 PM [ in reply to I don't make that distinction. Trying to win is trying to ]

1. Jake
2. Jake
3. Jake
4. Jake
5. Jake
6. Jake
7. Jake
8. Jake
9. Jake
10. Jake

You simply cannot believe Jake's comical flopping is akin to normal sportsmanship.

Not a good flopper at all. Lebron is the best.***

Jun 14, 2018, 4:22 PM

Make no mistake

Jun 14, 2018, 4:27 PM

Lebron certainly embellishes contact, but he is usually getting hacked every time he's in the paint. And that's true of most every star in the league. I believe every one of them believes they are fouled every single time they touch the ball down low.

It's quite different, again to me, to create the foul out of thin air and try to get a player called for an unsportsmanlike penalty.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Make no mistake

Jun 14, 2018, 6:44 PM

LBJ gets fouled pretty much every time he drives. The only time he gets the call is if he embellishes it a bit so I can’t blame him.
There are a lot worse examples of floppers in the NBA.

Hell go play a pick up game anywhere and you will see it. Everyone wants a foul for every little touch, usually 100% if they miss the shot lol!

Thats where we disagree

Jun 14, 2018, 4:23 PM [ in reply to I don't make that distinction. Trying to win is trying to ]

"Trying to win is trying to win"

I think there are varying degrees of acceptability on things a player can do in the name of "trying to win". And I venture you do to. Obviously sending a ringer out to injure another player can be done in the name of "trying to win", but I'm positive you'd call that bad form.

We just draw the line on acceptability at different places I imagine.

I draw that line at outright lying. I love to watch/play soccer, but one of my least favorite things is watching players lie to the ref and plead that they never touched the ball when clearly they did and clearly they know they did. That outright lying, to me, is bad form and bad sportsmanship. Of course they are doing it within the bounds of "trying to win".

Try to sell a judgment call, a close play, something that has some kernel of truth to it... sure that's gamesmanship (again, in my estimation), but trying to get a player called for a personal foul (ironically an unsportsmanlike penalty) where it simply doesn't exist and the person knows it doesn't exist? That, to me, is bad sportsmanship.

This will explain

Jun 14, 2018, 6:34 PM [ in reply to I don't make that distinction. Trying to win is trying to ]

The difference between gamesmanship and sportsmanship.
https://en.m.wikibooks.org/wiki/Professionalism/Ball_Don%27t_Lie:_The_Moral_Code_of_the_NBA

Re: I don't make that distinction. Trying to win is trying to

Jun 14, 2018, 9:30 PM [ in reply to I don't make that distinction. Trying to win is trying to ]

Do you have any football floppers to compare jake to instead of NBA floppers? This is after all a football board. I'm just trying to keep it legit. I'm not going to quit.

Bird, Jordan, LeBron, Bentley

Jun 14, 2018, 10:55 PM [ in reply to I don't make that distinction. Trying to win is trying to ]

one of these things, is not like the other

Doooooooosh***

Jun 14, 2018, 2:25 PM

So it’s good sportsmanship to try and draw a phantom unsportsmanlike conduct penalty?

Jun 14, 2018, 2:27 PM

How about dumb statements like “At the end of the day we knew they weren’t that much better than us if at all” during a press conference? This guy is arrogant and the antithesis to sportsmanship. Way to go SEC. it speaks volumes about the character of players in your conference if this guy is supposed to represent “sportsmanship.”

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apparently so. He got the sportsmanship award for it.***

Jun 14, 2018, 5:27 PM

Re: So a coot buddy tells me Jackie Bentley won the $EC

Jun 14, 2018, 2:29 PM

Miss Coot Congeniality Award ;)

Did he say he wasn't leaving USuCk until he won a

Jun 14, 2018, 2:49 PM

sportsmanship award or a national championship? I can't remember.
TIA in advance

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

Jun 14, 2018, 4:00 PM

I think the reward is due to his being nice to the Clemson Tigers by completing passes to our defense, letting our d sack him numerous times and limiting the number of points the Gamecocks scored against Clemson. If that isn't being a good sport I don't know what is.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 14, 2018, 4:00 PM

I think the reward is due to his being nice to the Clemson Tigers by completing passes to our defense, letting our d sack him numerous times and limiting the number of points the Gamecocks scored against Clemson. If that isn't being a good sport I don't know what is.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

U can say that again.*******

Jun 14, 2018, 4:14 PM

Jun 14, 2018, 6:18 PM

Whoever she is I'm sure she's a nice lady.

Jun 14, 2018, 7:52 PM

That is the sign of a pure ###### boy, and a liar and a cheat!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 26
| visibility 4,331
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic